User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Seizure Prevention.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Seizure Prevention

Review by singingmeadow (taken for 10 years or more):

I have taken Klonopin for at least 20 years now and it is the only medication that prevents absences and myocloptic seizures. Sometimes I have breakthroughs but not often. I vary in my doses from 1 mg a day to 3 mg at times due to needing a little more or less. Since I have been on it for so long I am able to do this. I take it at nighttime because I cannot function during the day if I take it in the morning. I think I have been on every seizure medicine there is and have had nightmare stories concerning them but Klonopin works the best for me. I believe every person is different and what works for one may not work for another. I do have to put up with occasional side effects like bouts of insomnia and breakthrough optical migraines.

September 19, 2013 1:28 PM

Review by sallymaebooth (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was prescribed this 6 months ago by an ER doctor after my first ever tonic clonic seizure. I'd been taking it for about 6 weeks before I could get an appointment with a neuro Dr. I was working, had no problems at all with it - actually was helping me sleep better and I didn't have any other seizures. The Dr took me off them & said it wasn't the right medicine. I tried 2 medicines by his suggestions and changed Dr's after bad reactions. The new doctor had me on 3 others that also gave me bad reactions - GUESS WHAT - now I'm back on them and I'm feeling like myself again & I'm not having any trouble at all. I just wish they would've listened to me to begin with.

April 26, 2013 4:15 PM

Good

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2012 11:23 AM

Clonazepam is the only medicine that will take away a seizure or cluster of seizures within 15 minutes. I have tried a variety-a large variety of other medications but unfortunately none of them had worked.

June 8, 2012 9:44 AM

Great!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2009 12:09 AM

Review by seizing the day:

I also take Klonopin for Bipolar and Panic Disorders.

June 25, 2008 1:39 PM

Review by Sleeping again:

I had a problem with biting my tonuge while asleep. Dr. said it was some type of seizure. I've been taking Klonopin for 15yrs and only had to increase the dosage from 0.5mg to 1.5mg over this period. I take it at night and have no side effects that I can tell. Hope it keeps working as it does now.

April 11, 2008 8:54 AM

It helps control break thru seizures and the anxiety I get with mine. However; it makes you feel feel very dopey and tired.

March 9, 2008 1:17 PM