User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Review Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Seizure Prevention.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Seizure Prevention

"I was prescribed clonazepam by a VA psychiatrist because I was having jitteriness from an anti-depressant (Paxcil). He prescribed 2/mg/day. I had been having seizures - later diagnosed as psychogenic non epileptic seizures - for several years, and while taking clonazepam the seizure frequency was reduced, and almost completely stopped. All the regular epilepsy medications tried had NO effect, only clonazepam has been effective in reducing or stopping my seizures. Paxcil, strangely, made me increasingly violent until I stopped it."

Spirit7 (taken for 10 years or more) August 31, 2015

"During the time I have been on Klonopin, I was asked by my insurance to try the generic but was never able to tolerate it. Last October 2014 the brand was unavailable "Not in Stock" and I had to go on the generic. I was on it totally for several months and had some severe side effects. I became aware that brand was available in early June and was able to get back on brand. Having difficulty getting the exact same dosage I've been on for about 18 months to regulate. I'm having a problem sleeping thru the night and feeling anxious when I wake up. It doesn't feel like the same drug. I don't know why it was stopped. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience with taking the "new brand" since it is available again."

bellson44 (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2015

"I have taken Klonopin for at least 20 years now and it is the only medication that prevents absences and myocloptic seizures. Sometimes I have breakthroughs but not often. I vary in my doses from 1 mg a day to 3 mg at times due to needing a little more or less. Since I have been on it for so long I am able to do this. I take it at nighttime because I cannot function during the day if I take it in the morning. I think I have been on every seizure medicine there is and have had nightmare stories concerning them but Klonopin works the best for me. I believe every person is different and what works for one may not work for another. I do have to put up with occasional side effects like bouts of insomnia and breakthrough optical migraines."

singingmeadow (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2013

"I was prescribed this 6 months ago by an ER doctor after my first ever tonic clonic seizure. I'd been taking it for about 6 weeks before I could get an appointment with a neuro Dr. I was working, had no problems at all with it - actually was helping me sleep better and I didn't have any other seizures. The Dr took me off them & said it wasn't the right medicine. I tried 2 medicines by his suggestions and changed Dr's after bad reactions. The new doctor had me on 3 others that also gave me bad reactions - GUESS WHAT - now I'm back on them and I'm feeling like myself again & I'm not having any trouble at all. I just wish they would've listened to me to begin with."

sallymaebooth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2013

"Good"

Anonymous August 7, 2012

"Clonazepam is the only medicine that will take away a seizure or cluster of seizures within 15 minutes. I have tried a variety-a large variety of other medications but unfortunately none of them had worked. "

Anonymous June 8, 2012

"Great!"

Anonymous November 29, 2009

"I also take Klonopin for Bipolar and Panic Disorders."

seizing the day June 25, 2008

"I had a problem with biting my tonuge while asleep. Dr. said it was some type of seizure. I've been taking Klonopin for 15yrs and only had to increase the dosage from 0.5mg to 1.5mg over this period. I take it at night and have no side effects that I can tell. Hope it keeps working as it does now."

Sleeping again April 11, 2008

"It helps control break thru seizures and the anxiety I get with mine. However; it makes you feel feel very dopey and tired."

Anonymous March 9, 2008