User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Migraine Prevention

"I am so happy with clonazepam. My daughter has had migraines from the age of 5 and now she is 11. She's been on it for less than a month and the results are good. I have suffered with her sleeping in a dark room for hours until she feels better but now with this medicine we have rested. Although she gets the attacks they are not as bad as before."

muzaza October 12, 2014

"I have taken clonazepam for years to sleep and to control anxiety/panic over my child's chronic illness. When my son had a medical crisis and was hospitalized recently, I had my first 2 migraines within 12 hrs of each other. I became so anxious of having another it was non-stop anxiety. My psych said to use the clonazepam for the anxiety and another 0.5mg tablet if I felt the eyestrain/nausea of another migraine coming on. Two times I have taken 2 Advil (200mg) and 0.5mg tablet of Clonazepam when I felt eyestrain/nausea/light headedness - but I have not had another migraine. Whether the increased dose is helping abort the migraine or just calm my anxiety over having one, the relief is good in either case."

Paloma8 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 4, 2014

"I have had migraine headaches most of my life averaging 3-5 a week. Mostly at night. Waking up in the middle of the night. I have not had a single headache since I have started the clonazepam. It has been only two months but right now I would call it a miracle."

Dave 60 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2013

"I was having severe right sided headaches for the past couple of years that started in the evening and wouldn't let me go to sleep. I would push on my eye with my hand until it would weep because the pain was so bad. My neurologist gave me a vessel medication which didn't change anything. He gave me Klonopin and they were gone by the next day. I just have to make sure I take the medicine before I get the headache. (On a side note I have partial seizures from meningitis damage in my brain when I was two and take Lamictal and Keppra for that)."

Lstacy February 5, 2013

"Taking clonazepam keeps my stress level down, so I don't trigger migraines by muscle spasms, or TMJ, etc."

Anonymous October 27, 2011

"I take 1mg twice a day. It had helped greatly reduce my number of migraines."

migrainemomof5 October 19, 2011

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed Klonopin two weeks ago by my neurologist to help with migraines. My best friend was murdered a month ago and dealing with that stress has caused me to not be able to let my mind slow down enough to sleep which triggers migraine attacks. I find the Klonopin does help me sleep at night but I feel my mind racing with the stress of my friends death while I'm awake so I'm dealing with headaches still while I'm awake."

TTSS October 22, 2010

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been having migraines at least twice a week for over 25 years now. I have been taking Klonopin for the last four months. Although I still get them as often, the length and severity have decreased dramatically. Some are still so severe that I have to stay in bed with no lights and no sound. But I have had 50 to 60% improvement since taking Klonopin. I am able to function normally for the most part and no longer spend half of the week in bed. To date this has been the best and most effective treatment I have had. I would certainly recommend it to anyone suffering frequent, severe migraines."

Long time Migraine Suffere October 6, 2009

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Since taking Klonopin (past 4 months) for my migraines, which I get at least twice a week, I have had a significant decrease in the either the length of the migraine or the severity of the migraines. Although, I still get them just as often, I am now able to function and get through the pain without having to stay in bed with no lights and no sound most of the time. I still have very severe ones at times but having a 50-60% improvement is very significant for me as I have been suffering with migraines for over 25 years now. I would certainly recommend giving it a try for those having frequent, debilitating migraines."

Long time migraine sufferer October 6, 2009

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Absolutely NO help with migraines. Anxiety, yes. Migraines, no. "

KirbyMD March 2, 2009

"Every since I started using clonazepam I haven't had a single migraine. "

GONE February 10, 2009

Klonopin (clonazepam): "No side effects, that I can tell. I have been taking it for years at bedtime so if I don't take it I don't sleep."

Jena 61 June 1, 2008

"I have attacks that make me incapacitated within 15 minutes. Since I have been on this medicine I can actually function without the fear of being knocked off my feet. The fatigue is just something I learn to balance out with rest/sleep. It sure beats the alternative."

KRISTINM May 4, 2008