User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Migraine Prevention

Review by Paloma8 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I have taken clonazepam for years to sleep and to control anxiety/panic over my child's chronic illness. When my son had a medical crisis and was hospitalized recently, I had my first 2 migraines within 12 hrs of each other. I became so anxious of having another it was non-stop anxiety. My psych said to use the clonazepam for the anxiety and another 0.5mg tablet if I felt the eyestrain/nausea of another migraine coming on. Two times I have taken 2 Advil (200mg) and 0.5mg tablet of Clonazepam when I felt eyestrain/nausea/light headedness - but I have not had another migraine. Whether the increased dose is helping abort the migraine or just calm my anxiety over having one, the relief is good in either case.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 6:11 PM

Review by Dave 60 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have had migraine headaches most of my life averaging 3-5 a week. Mostly at night. Waking up in the middle of the night. I have not had a single headache since I have started the clonazepam. It has been only two months but right now I would call it a miracle.

December 27, 2013 6:46 AM

Review by Lstacy:

I was having severe right sided headaches for the past couple of years that started in the evening and wouldn't let me go to sleep. I would push on my eye with my hand until it would weep because the pain was so bad. My neurologist gave me a vessel medication which didn't change anything. He gave me Klonopin and they were gone by the next day. I just have to make sure I take the medicine before I get the headache. (On a side note I have partial seizures from meningitis damage in my brain when I was two and take Lamictal and Keppra for that).

February 5, 2013 1:14 PM

Taking clonazepam keeps my stress level down, so I don't trigger migraines by muscle spasms, or TMJ, etc.

October 27, 2011 6:50 PM

Review by migrainemomof5:

I take 1mg twice a day. It had helped greatly reduce my number of migraines.

October 19, 2011 10:44 AM

Review by TTSS:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was prescribed Klonopin two weeks ago by my neurologist to help with migraines. My best friend was murdered a month ago and dealing with that stress has caused me to not be able to let my mind slow down enough to sleep which triggers migraine attacks. I find the Klonopin does help me sleep at night but I feel my mind racing with the stress of my friends death while I'm awake so I'm dealing with headaches still while I'm awake.

October 22, 2010 5:49 AM

Review by Long time Migraine Suffere:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have been having migraines at least twice a week for over 25 years now. I have been taking Klonopin for the last four months. Although I still get them as often, the length and severity have decreased dramatically. Some are still so severe that I have to stay in bed with no lights and no sound. But I have had 50 to 60% improvement since taking Klonopin. I am able to function normally for the most part and no longer spend half of the week in bed. To date this has been the best and most effective treatment I have had. I would certainly recommend it to anyone suffering frequent, severe migraines.

October 6, 2009 2:16 PM

Review by Long time migraine sufferer:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Since taking Klonopin (past 4 months) for my migraines, which I get at least twice a week, I have had a significant decrease in the either the length of the migraine or the severity of the migraines. Although, I still get them just as often, I am now able to function and get through the pain without having to stay in bed with no lights and no sound most of the time. I still have very severe ones at times but having a 50-60% improvement is very significant for me as I have been suffering with migraines for over 25 years now. I would certainly recommend giving it a try for those having frequent, debilitating migraines.

October 6, 2009 2:08 PM

Review by KirbyMD:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Absolutely NO help with migraines. Anxiety, yes. Migraines, no.

March 2, 2009 2:36 AM

Review by GONE:

Every since I started using clonazepam I haven't had a single migraine.

February 10, 2009 4:27 PM

Review by Jena 61:

Klonopin (clonazepam): No side effects, that I can tell. I have been taking it for years at bedtime so if I don't take it I don't sleep.

June 1, 2008 8:27 PM

Review by KRISTINM:

I have attacks that make me incapacitated within 15 minutes. Since I have been on this medicine I can actually function without the fear of being knocked off my feet. The fatigue is just something I learn to balance out with rest/sleep. It sure beats the alternative.

May 4, 2008 10:45 AM