User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 42 medications

Sleep Paralysis 1 reviews 1 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 738 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Klonopin helps my anxiety, panic disorder, and insomnia... I take it on an as needed basis and it's one mg tablet"

Cagney Crouch (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2015

For Seizure Prevention: "My Daughter was,dignosed yrs ago before hurricane Katrena we tried depocote Dilantin etc. nothing work my husband and I worried she was having 20 seizures a day and more. Her Grandfather had Eepilepsy, and I have it as well .I have had grand mal seizures. recently the Lsu Doctor's Dr.Ryan Smith cut us both off Kloipin . and my Daughter may not make it she is Seizureing night and Day. God forgive there soul."

Anonymous July 24, 2015

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "It takes about 2 weeks to even start working fully."

TORONTO17 July 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "Hi I have had insomnia since march last year and it turns into nervous or anxiety and then became panic attacks. Then I asked my wife to go with me in a doctor and it was psychiatrist because insomnia was in our mind and it does not mean that your crazy when you go to that doctor. My doctor gave me clonazepam or rivotril here in the phillipines.. First I take 2mg, 1mg and 0.5mg as of now. I take it in the morning when I needed it for anxiety panic attacks and add another .5mg if my attacks was strong. I take .5mg everynight for sleep since march last year. I don't know what to do if there is no rivotril or clanazepam in my life. So far the best medicine for me!!! Tnx to my Doctor"

djskratz (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2015

For Anxiety: "my doctor originally only prescribed lexapro 10mg/day which never really helped. After my first checkup I told him this and then gave me clonazepam .5mg 2x/day as needed added to my lexapro. It has helped tremendously and I can finally feel like myself again. I generally still have to take at least one a day but at even such a low dosage it helps! And best part about it is is that I don't feel doped up and/or fatigued like I was afraid of."

Jdub23 July 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "Day 1 on clonazepam.... this drug is awesome! I know there are tons of side effects but not being able to sleep good for a year is worth the possible risk. I was on it before and nothing happened so I should be good. I also only need .25mg of it because my body absorbs it really good. And the wellbutrin I'm on seems to help kick the major fatigue that I remember from last time.First night and i got 7 hrs of straight sleep for the first time in years. I really hope it continues to help me. I know it can be addictive so I'm going to try only taking it until the wellbutrin I just started is fully in my system. We will see how this goes, but so far so good."

panickyprincess (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Have been taking 2 to 2.5 mg per day for many years. The only med that has alleviated my anxiety. Am 67 and have had the problem since childhood. Don't know why but it's too late to unravel. Suspect I'm wired that way or its hereditary. Was very successful but life was a constant struggle until I got help at age 48. Would not want to be without it despite the docs concerns about addiction. The horror stories about withdrawal are over blow. I wean off once in 6 weeks. No re-occuring issues. Therapy never had any lasting effect. Too late to consider stopping now and I don't know why I should. The trend against these meds is unfortunate. "

Fritzsommer (taken for 10 years or more) July 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I'm writing this in case anyone else is in my position of being afraid of takings this out of the fear of it making you high, since so many people have voiced strong opposing opinions about Klonopin. I was in the same exact position of being afraid of taking it, even though those around me (which is part of something I have to learn..accepting that people know what they're talking about when it comes to anxiety) were telling me that nothing would happen. It took me a spur of the moment gather of courage to take Klonopin..and now I can say that *when needed*, I love Klonopin. It melts away anxiety and leaves a dent in depersonalization (if you struggle) and allows you to function and level off for a few days afterwards."

R R July 14, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I went through severe panic and anxiety that debilitated my life. I experienced shakes, suicidal thoughts, fear for no reason, fast throbbing heart beat, no sleep for ten days because of fear my body was dying, 38lb weight loss in 1month, vomiting, foggy mind, couldn't speak, and so much more. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I visited hospitals over 6 times with no answers but the doctor telling me I'm crazy smh. Went through gastic procedures and nothing was found but gerd which is a symptom of anxiety. I finally broke down and took the meds prescribed to me. Xanax was the only one that worked for a short time, and I had taken many medications. Clonazepam is working amazing with no side effects. I feel great along with Zoloft."

Resse July 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "Must be the only person who does not think this is a wonder drug. Had a nervous breakdown of sorts while already taking zoloft for anxiety. Was prescribed clonazepam and didnt touch the sides. Avanza was added and i felt good for a month. Still take it 2 years later 3mg per day but am not a happy person"

mark11356 July 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 1 mg at nite to sleep. It works for about 6 hrs. However, I am having hair loss so I'm upset about that. I also take 20 mg Celexa."

wannaBBetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2015

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Panic attacks literally make you face your own death in the face. Until using Klonopin, I spent a lot of time and money in the ER. I have taken Xanax and Ativan in the past, but nothing has helped me s much as Klonopin. The wafers are great, because they melt in your mouth and get into your system quickly. For me, they usually start having a positive, calming effect within 20 to 30 minutes."

Stickian (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 7. I'm currently 33 and just discovered Klonopin. I was on Paxil for 12 years and it was a miracle pill until I built tolerance to it and it stopped working. I've recently switched to Zoloft and it's been a rough road. However my psychiatrist put me on klonopin to help ease the anxiety and it has been amazing. I only need .25 mg 2 to 3 times a day, but it gave me the ability to function. Even with withdrawal from Paxil and start up side effects from Zoloft, I can still keep my head straight. Anxiety and panic are dibilatating and when I weigh my options, I'd pick klonopin everytime."

Amangi06 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "i started having panic attacks at the age of 15, i had no idea what they were until i was 32, i lived in a silent hell from 15 to 32, i was finally diagnosed at 32 with panic disorder without agorophobia. I was prescribed prozac and xanex but I also have a pill phobia and continued to battle this horror meds free until now , i am 44. I was at my witts end and my doctor begged me to try Klonopin, she even let me take it in the office ans wait, thank goodness, it felt like i finally had some help, i take 1 mg daily and I can live with some hope that if i have anxiety something can help me. I cant believe i lived without anything for so long. YES you can do it without meds but the damage your doing to your body is not worth it, Thanks Knpin"

Mark510 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "My daily medicine is actually Effexor for severe combat PTSD but I have a high dose of klonopin as a PRN take as needed and in bad cases once my triggers are set off. It does a good job at helping me refocus and calm down. My doses have increased over time due to me apparently getting used to it but it is still effective"

ZArmitage (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have to weigh in about this med. When you first start it, it is a wonder drug. At some point, you will either need more, or you will suffer from tolerance withdrawals. There are justifiable horror stories about this drug. Taking it for a week or two, no problem. More than 2 weeks, it's hard to get off it. I have been weaning off for about 4 months."

Be very careful (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Have taken 2.5 mg a day for 20 years without side effects. Weaned off once in 6 weeks. Convinced I suffered anxiety due to hereditary or deep rooted experienced too deep to ever unravel through therapy. Was successful business exec but was always constrained and my personal life didn't exist. Suffered and suffered! Went to an Ivy League school and never spoke to a woman. The dependency is over blown. I weaned off once in 6 weeks. The drug made my life bearable otherwise I would chose not to be here."

FritzG! July 3, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "During the time I have been on Klonopin, I was asked by my insurance to try the generic but was never able to tolerate it. Last October 2014 the brand was unavailable "Not in Stock" and I had to go on the generic. I was on it totally for several months and had some severe side effects. I became aware that brand was available in early June and was able to get back on brand. Having difficulty getting the exact same dosage I've been on for about 18 months to regulate. I'm having a problem sleeping thru the night and feeling anxious when I wake up. It doesn't feel like the same drug. I don't know why it was stopped. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience with taking the "new brand" since it is available again."

bellson44 (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2015

For Insomnia: "I can't believe that there can be a clonazapam board without anyone bringing up the physical dependence that comes with this drug, and the difficult long withdrawal that produces greater insomnia and anxiety than the insomnia and anxiety that led to starting the medication. That said, when taking it, it works. It, like most, if not all benzos, actually start messing up the natural sleep architecture. The longer one takes this, and the higher the dosage, makes for a very difficult withdrawal, physical and psychological. Never, after having taken this medication regularly, suddenly stop. If you do, within three days or so, you'll know why I post the warning. I take 2mg per 24 hours, and have taken it, with one difficult break, 9 years."

Wind-Up Bird June 27, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have taken Klonopin for 10 years for anxiety. Dr. started me at 0.5mg/day. Because of increased anxiety, my dosage was increased slowly to (3) 2mg doses per day. I was at 6mg/day for several years. It calmed my anxiety and helped me to sleep very well. I went on a 2 day trip 3 years ago and forgot my medication. I was up all night and realized that I was dependent on Klonopin. In the past 3 years I have slowly decreased my dosage to 1mg at night and 1mg in the morning. I have been at this dosage for 1 year. If I forget to take this Klonopin dosage, I get very anxious. I want to decrease dosage more, 1/4 mg at a time. Klonopin absolutely helps with my anxiety, I just didn't know I shouldn't have taken the high dosage that I was on."

kitty999 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Approximately twenty years ago, I was taken by ambulance twice and once by car to ER where they gave me something that calmed me. It was similar to a seizure. Nothing ever triggered these attacks. It just came upon me very fast. I was enjoying my career and life; I'm very social. My doctor finally sent me to a Psychologist and he diagnosed me with panic attacks. There was a name for this!! I was prescribed something similar to Klonopin and when Klonopin came on the market, he prescribed 0.5mg twice a day. I have had no adverse side effects, only positive. I have never had another panic attack and do not plan to ever stop taking Klonopin. I am the same person I was and live life to the fullest in a new phase of 'early retirement'!!"

janinpa (taken for 10 years or more) June 23, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015

For Anxiety: "Been amazing for me"

jrh420 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "The Klonopin helped my anxiety very much, probably to a level of 8 or 9 out of ten. However, after a few years, trying to taper off of it is proving to be a living nightmare and I am experiencing Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome. It's absolutely awful and I can see why some people are never able to stop taking it,"

aleksandi June 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed Klonopin by my family Doc in October of 2014 at 0.5 mg 2x a day as needed. It comes in 15 tabs per bottle, I refilled it once but after 7 months, I practically still have 12 pills remaining. I take an extremely extremely low dose (0.125 mg - 1/4 of an orange tablet) as needed. I cannot explain how amazing this drug has been for me. I get silent anxiety - not necessarily panic although I did recall getting 1x or 2x. For me, I know my anxiety creeps up when I have metallic taste in my mouth, nausea and loss of appetite which literally lasts a month if I don't take Klonopin. Now, when I experience the above symptoms, I immediately take 1/4 of a pill and 30 minutes later, I'm back to normal."

PsychGradStudent (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2015