User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 648 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by JeffinMD:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I take as needed .5mg, more if needed. Works great, no side effects. Just knowing I have this 'safety net' gives me piece of mind.

February 15, 2015 11:36 AM

Review by 1mg 3 daily (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Calm, sleep good, eat good, been on 5 years doing great.

February 11, 2015 2:36 PM

Review by Takahn:

For Anxiety: I've suffered from severe anxiety and panic disorder since I was very young. Through the years I've taken many different medications prescribed by my physicians and have seen little relief. Those that have helped don't last very long and then the symptoms return. I've wish I didn't require any medication, however Clonazepam is the only one that provides the relief I need when life gets difficult.

January 27, 2015 6:03 PM

Review by MacMystie:

For Insomnia: It will probably stop working at some point to help you fall asleep. It did for me.

January 24, 2015 12:24 AM

Review by smariedddd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have severe panic attacks and bipolar. I used to be on Xanax for six years. Now my Obamacare new Dr refuses. Klonopin doesn't help my panic attacks. A little calm but makes me very angry and mean. Not as strong as Xanax. Doesn't help anxiety attacks, takes too long. My heart still races.

January 23, 2015 1:30 AM

Review by mws0606 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Doing the medicines for restless legs syndrome, I started on Requip and the medicine worked well, but it lowered my blood pressure so much that I was fainting when I stood up. That was on 1mg of Requip. After 2 weeks of 'getting used to the medicine' I went back and asked to get changed out to something different and the Doc put me on Klonopin. No more fainting and I get a good nights sleep. I only take half a pill (1mg pills) before bed so I guess I'm not a hard core case. But it worked as a better alternative to Requip for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 7:50 AM

Review by siyal:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: sleep start shoulder and neck jerks

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2015 3:11 PM

Review by Dirty Drew (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I take 2mg 3 x a day. I don't feel weird. I feel normal. No side effects noted.

December 30, 2014 3:14 PM

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Makes me feel very depressed and anxious and agitated . It makes me feel suicidal and I can't sleep.

December 27, 2014 5:08 AM

Review by proselytise (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I use it for social anxiety and continuous thoughts, it works well and now I am far away from continuously thinking about things which are of no importance, but it makes me dizzy too, taking it for months 0.5 mg at night with 0.5 mg alprazolam at day time and 20 mg escitalopram.

December 24, 2014 4:49 AM

Review by Hman2552 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Recently I had a rough bout with anxiety. From out of nowhere I just lost faith in myself due to some life circumstances and an overload of work. I was losing sleep and spiraling downward at an amazing rate. I decided to talk to my doctor who prescribed Klonopin. With the first dose I felt immediate relief and to avoid dependency I only took 0.25 mg at night until I was started on an SSRI. My doctor favored the SSRI approach as better in the long run. After three months on Klonopin every day, and after the SSRI kicked in, I stepped off the Klonopin without any withdrawals like you read about on the internet. I think the key is to take the lowest dose you can or only as prescribed. The medicine worked wonders for me!

December 14, 2014 8:30 PM

Review by dirtypaws:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Reply to reviewer bjsd - I can't believe what you said in your post. I have experienced jolts and jerking of my right leg for 12 years. It took 11 years to find a doctor to take it seriously. My neurologist is going to start me on Klonopin so I enjoy reading the reviews. I have been on Ativan which helps but not much. Just knowing that I am not crazy helps so much. Thank you.

December 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by OLiver26a:

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: Been on it long term, coming of it slowly but seem to be having some side effects. Then again doing better then I thought.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 1:43 AM

Review by Doctorproctor:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was originally prescribed 0.5 mg of Klonopin once a day with Zoloft 50mg once a day. It worked for a while but stopped and soon after, my doctor prescribed me to Klonopin 1mg once a day and Zoloft 100mg once a day.. After just three days I felt amazing results and like a changed person. No more stress, anxiety, panic or depression. Wonderful medicine to take. Just remember to meditate, walk, and stay outdoors to also help. You've got to also help yourself without relying on the medicines but they still work.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 3:03 PM

Review by jimmypop (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I was prescribed this along with Cymbalta and Atarax to help with diagnosed Agoraphobia with panic disorder and depression. I have only been on 0.5mg twice daily for 5 days and I'm already noticing an improvement. Hoping some of the drowsiness goes away eventually, but I'm sure it will. So far it seems like a life saver. I have been searching for the right treatment and physician to help me for over 15 plus years and finally feel like some relief has finally arrived. Will have to see over time though, but so far very satisfied with Klonopins results.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by JuztaGirl:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I suffer from Tinnitus, which causes me great anxiety. My doctor put me on Klonopin 3 times a day 0.5 mg along with Ambien and Celexa once a day. I feel so much better. I am able to ignore the noise, and when I do hear it...it don't go into panic mode. I am sleeping better than ever.

November 23, 2014 12:44 PM

Review by Guitarjudy (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Took Klonopin first and I felt drunk. My speech was slurred and it was too strong for me. I took 4 tablets a day. Then switched to TEVA Clonzepam and panic attacks are gone shaking gone not being able to walk or talk gone able to drive once and a while at times I still suffer from panic in my sleep but not like before. I feel very confident on this medication The only real drawback is that it is a controlled substance and during a winter storm if I cannot get my medicines I start shaking and can't talk or walk.

November 22, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by JakeFukk (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Love this medicine. Great for bipolar and anxiety. I try not to use it all the time, it won't work the same if you take it all the time. This medicine is safe. I see some people have be on it for over 20 years!

November 22, 2014 3:52 AM

Review by jaybird55:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Restless legs, sleep dramatically improved. Used for years until I moved to new town and saw new doctor who discontinued therapy. Best relief ever obtained from any meds tried. I also have myofascial pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, bruxism (broke off a large filling due to nightly grinding), anxiety, occasional panic attacks and a stressful home environment.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 9:33 PM

Review by lxm21 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Clonazepam is the best medicine I've ever taken. I've been dealing with anxiety most of my life. Clonazepam makes me more relaxed, eliminates my racing, worrying thoughts, and lets me get back to enjoying life again. It even gets rid of my dizziness brought on by stress.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 12:56 PM

Review by blonddraider (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was prescribed 3mg a day but don't want to take that much so I am trying hard to tapper to 2mg I am at 2.25mg. I still sometimes feel a little bit of anxiety not real bad but catch myself starting to get in my head and then I will breath and talk myself out of my head but why can't the medicine just keep me out of my head all the time. I never had any anxiety or panic disorder, I have always had manageable obsessive compulsive disorder. Will I ever feel like me again? I know if I am not careful I would become home bound and just sit and waste. I have a young daughter and it is not fair for her. The Klonopin does work but I feel like I can feel it wear off or that it is coming time for my next dose, or is that all in my crazy head.

November 13, 2014 10:07 PM

Review by PLMSgal (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Have been on Klonopin since 2004--it works the best for me. I've had 2 sleep studies, which have shown moderate RLS and PLMS, with some sIeep apnea. I have tried Requip, Sinemet and Mirapex, even getting the Dr. to up the dose of one of them, but did not have the immediate relief that Klonopin brings. I've had a bit of a hard time with my Dr. to fill the script, because it's a controlled substance. I've explained to him that I have not had to increase my Klonopin dosage much in the 10 years that I've been taking it (0.5mg to 1 mg). The one time I did not take it, I woke up 4 hours later like a bolt of lightning struck me. It's necessary for my PLMS, and to function in life!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by kamoroj (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Many people are unreasonably scared of Klonopin's bad withdrawal dramas. Well... It is true. It is a painful process to get away from Klonopin once you stepped into its comfortable zone, but I want to say I would rather feel relaxed and comfortable than struggling with unnecessary anxiety caused by Neurotransmitter unbalances. This medication truly gave me a freedom from fear and agitation and get back to my life.

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by EricaMora:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Made me EXTREMELY sleepy/Drowsy and didn't really feel a difference in my anxiety. Still searching.

October 29, 2014 9:38 PM

Review by 81:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've been through a lot of loss in my life. Not quite sure if that's why but all of a sudden horrible panic attacks ! I also have equilibrium problems I can work and do most normal things but it's still a pain. My primary care prescribed this to me about 4 yrs ago. I love it. It definitely helps but now instead of a half milligram I am taking a whole once a day. But I guess my body has built a tolerance.

October 29, 2014 10:27 AM