User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 42 medications

Sleep Paralysis 1 reviews 1 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 761 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "I was prescribed clonazepam by a VA psychiatrist because I was having jitteriness from an anti-depressant (Paxcil). He prescribed 2/mg/day. I had been having seizures - later diagnosed as psychogenic non epileptic seizures - for several years, and while taking clonazepam the seizure frequency was reduced, and almost completely stopped. All the regular epilepsy medications tried had NO effect, only clonazepam has been effective in reducing or stopping my seizures. Paxcil, strangely, made me increasingly violent until I stopped it."

Spirit7 (taken for 10 years or more) August 31, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I just started taking it so my body still has to adjust but I notice that I have gotten some sleep. I have an extremely important medical issues going on right now. "

Cherokeenative2015 August 31, 2015

For Insomnia: "Took 2 mg dose to help me get on a normal sleep schedule. Had the best sleep ever in my life. The biggest problem with the drug is it is highly addictive and I went through extreme withdrawals coming off it. Reduced dosage .5mg every couple weeks until I was off it. Caused vomiting, heaving sweating, loss of appetite, etc. My advice use it on a strict schedule same time each night and slowing reduce dosage over time."

Ballington August 28, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been taking 1mg of Klonopin daily for 3.5 years, after the sudden death of my father. At the time, my anxiety was a 10 and Klonopin allowed me to continue working and raising my 4 kids. I consider Klonopin an absolute miracle drug that probably saved my life. My psychiatrist, and 2 other consulted doctors, don't express the least amount of concern about using 1 mg of Klonopin daily perhaps indefinitely. However, I went 42 years without taking a prescription drug and it really is my hope to not need Klonopin for much longer. The notion that Benzos should not be taken beyond 4 weeks is purely irrational. Find a good doctor!!!"

Sufficient Grace (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been on klonopin for over a decade. It helped with the anxiety for a really short time but I still had to self manage which is why I rate it 1 star. The only reason I was on it for so long was because the doctor told me I would be a lifer on it. I'm finally off of this medication and I am suffering severe withdrawal. I have had insomnia for 8 mths off of it. I think it's best to manage sleep or anxiety issues on your own because being on this stuff is not worth it. Klonopin made it difficult to get up in the mornings, I felt irritable and groggy for years. My anxiety on it would skyrocket. I also had a difficult time remembering things, studying, and learning new information. I don't recommend this drug at all."

Mianii August 25, 2015

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "most potent and reliable prefer over xanax.... xanax is for sometimes.. only klonopin end up stronger each dose it gets a little stronger so you don't always need another pill"

DJDALTY (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Caution: this medication is highly effective for almost every anxiety disorder that exists, somewhat TOO helpful which is how it's easy to abuse it; but doing so will be life devastating. Using this drug responsibly at a reasonable dosage is highly effective managing anxiety disorders and I testify that it compliments antidepressants very well. Daily users need to be proven the benefits outweigh the risks. Taken daily for 5 years, still as effective and no need to 'up my dosage'."

Alexander-X (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2015

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam is very effective for anxiety.I had been on Xanax for years,then became ineffective.Some in Medical community tried to get me on Visterol,Paxil,Remeron,all useless garbage if you have extreme panic.If used safely Clonazepam quells the bad symptoms."

Panicgal August 22, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have severe panic and anxiety attacks and have for over 20 years. When I tried to go off this medication, lowering my dosage slowly because of a pregnancy, I ended up with the bad anxiety again. Needless to say I ended up going back on and my son was born perfectly ( at the time 20 years ago they were not sure of long term effects) if anything he is smarter than my other 2 children. I also take an anti depresent that works very well with it. I definitely recommend this medication. I am on a higher dose probably more than most I take 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night. Probably because my depression is worse than it was but the anxiety is finally under control"

aalana August 21, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Started having my first panic attacks when I was 40. They were a little scary, but not bad. At the age of 45, I had my first REAL one! I couldn't breath. I truly thought I was going to die. My husband took me to the hospital where instead of treating me for panic- they threw me in the Psychiatric hospital for two weeks where I could not speak to or see my family! Upon release I was diagnosed with a ... A...panic attack. I was given Klonapin to use as needed. Don't need to use it often.... But when I do, the 2 mg wafers save my life!"

KitKT (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2015

For Anxiety: "This is a wonderful drug for anxiety. I received immediate help...20 years ago! Since my initial dosage of 0.5 mg/day increased to 4 mg/day. This drug almost ruined my life and marriage. I became completely oblivious to my surroundings and to the people close to me. I did not know what was happening. Fortunately my wife pointed out to me how damaging Clonazepam had become. Beware: The withdrawal side effects are far worse than the original problems I started taking the drug for. It's ironic that the withdrawal side effects mimic what I was being treated for: anxiety, head/neck brain "zaps", inability to sleep, inability to care, complete detachment from my surroundings, etc. This drug should not be used long term. Withdrawal: Very slow."

zionfrost (taken for 10 years or more) August 16, 2015

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "2 mg. wafers as needed, usually twice daily, stops panic dead in its tracks and as soon as I feel my thoughts racing, Klonopin Wafers bring me back to reality within 10 minutes."

Bipolar Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Klonopin saved my life!!! I have been having panic attacks since I was 8 yrs old. Klonopin is the only benzodiazepine that helps take the panic away. Life saver!!! Don't worry about the sides it can't be worse thn the attacks."

Kennysus (taken for 10 years or more) August 15, 2015

For Anxiety: "Great medication for anxiety! I've been on clonazepam for about 3 weeks now and my anxiety has subsided immensely. I take .5mg twice a day along with 3mg of Lunesta at night and never have I felt better in my entire life! I can finally live and sleep and be happy. Changed my life for the better. :)"

desert emoji August 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember, but just had a horrible Doctor. My anxiety turned me to abusing drugs, alcohol, opiates, and even Benzos. I finally got clean and still had anxiety, but thought I would never get this script with my history. I finally found a Dr. who took a chance and trusted me. Clonazopam on a regular dose has helped me in so many ways. I'm prescribes 4 1 mg tabs a day, even though I don't usually take that much, along with wellbutrin. I'm no longer experiencing anxiety or panic attacks and best of all don't feel the need to get high in order to get rid of it. clonazepam has saved my life along with suboxone. Any Dr who thinks these 2 drugs shouldn't be mixed is stopping the best opiate recovery."

EnemyTortoise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I am on Zoloft 200mg. a day. Have been taking Xanax 1mg. 3 or 4 x day. My Dr. wants to switch me to Klonopin .5 2x day instead, but it does not seem to be helping. I don't seem to feel any relief from the Klonopin."

Seada68 August 7, 2015

For Anxiety: "works great the only thing is it makes me sleepy so if I was working or driving it would not bearable to do it...."

L.A August 7, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Started with an SSRI for anxiety and it just didn't work. Finally got prescribed this benzo Klonopin and it's perfect! I take 0.5mg, but when I take it, my anxiety goes away. I feel like I can do anything, with a clear mind of course. I don't have to hide away anymore. I thought this drug might make me "stoned" or something, but really all I experience is, after about 15 min, a general clear-minded sense of well-being and it works for a while. Good stuff."

GoJoGoJo August 7, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was on this medication for approximately 5 years. The last couple of years, I had increasing anxiety and depression. I never increased my initial dose of 2 mg. at night to help with sleep. My PDoc continued to insist that it was not the Klonopin that was causing my anxiety and depression. Who knows? I weaned myself off of the medication SLOWWLY over 4 months. It really took me that amount of time, even that may have been too fast for me. When it works, it's a helpful me. Problem is that many people tend to build a tolerance to the med and will likely need to increase the dose to get the same effect, hence feelings of withdrawal that can come on automatically. I know everyone has his/her own opinion about this drug."

Zack33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on kolonopin for almost a year now & it has been an absolute life saver! I had horrible panic attacks, scared to drive, couldn't even go shopping without getting dizzy and anxious. Anxiety has taken over my life, the panic attacks are so scary I thought I was going to die. I'm very greatful to have this medicine. I've heard of problems with dependency but I don't know what I'd do without it, I'm also on zoloft & I feel like I have my life back!"

mamaluv (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2015

For Anxiety: "Iv'e been on clonazopam for several years now and let me tell ya, i dont leave home without it. It's almost more important to know that i have some readily available or have some at all, than it is to take it. I guess that's the fear of the fear syndrome...hehehe. iv'e had anxiety/panic disorder ever sinse I ret from the Army and quit drinking alcohol. I reckon all my held down by addiction emotions decided to come to the surface. It was terrible with all the panic attacks and ive been on every Anti depressant thats ever been manufactured, some worked , some didnt. But then there was clonazopam, my knightess in shining armor hehehe. Yes, i'm on 2.5mg twice dailyand a lttle more if needed, but i rarely have panic attacks anymore. Love it."

Sgtrockie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed Paxil when I was 25 for panic attacks and took it for a few years. It helped but gave me sexual side effects. It was making me have a hard time to ejaculate. I changed to citalopram 20mg when I was 28. It has been workin well until now, Im 35. Two ago I stopped taking it an I was doing fine. A month ago I had a few drinks and decided to do a little cocaine. Bad move. My anxiety exploded. Started taking 30mg of citalopram daily since then. It still doesnt work after a month so my doctor prescribed me .5 Clonazepam when needed. When I feel really anxious, I take .25 and it wards off any anxiety. I feel back to normal. I hope the citalopram will start its effect soon and I dont have to take Clonazepam anyone but it helps."

Mermaniel July 29, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Started this about six months ago and was taking it as needed then started having panic attacks at night. I take 1 0.5 tablet before bed and I don't have racing thoughts or any panic attacks at all and if I do it knocks them out within 10 minutes. They were debilitating my life and this is the only med that saved me from daily panic attacks. I take this and Prozac and feel a thousand times better and am able to function"

Leayre July 28, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Klonopin helps my anxiety, panic disorder, and insomnia... I take it on an as needed basis and it's one mg tablet"

Cagney Crouch (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2015

For Seizure Prevention: "My Daughter was,dignosed yrs ago before hurricane Katrena we tried depocote Dilantin etc. nothing work my husband and I worried she was having 20 seizures a day and more. Her Grandfather had Eepilepsy, and I have it as well .I have had grand mal seizures. recently the Lsu Doctor's Dr.Ryan Smith cut us both off Kloipin . and my Daughter may not make it she is Seizureing night and Day. God forgive there soul."

Anonymous July 24, 2015