User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 672 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by I'mpjyesimanxious23 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I'm a 24 year old male. Panic disorder and severe anxiety runs in my family. It is hereditary. I seen a Dr at the age of 16 and started on Xanax 0.5mg and Xanax worked till I was 19. My friend gave me a klonopin 1mg tablet during a panic attack while I was with him and had no Xanax with me. I like how klonopin worked compared to Xanax, seen my Dr a week later and at the time was on Xanax XR 2mg 2 tablets twice daily. I asked to switch Klonopin and he put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet taken 5 times daily and it's what I take currently now and keeps the anxiety away.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 6:11 PM

Review by Natashaxo:

For Anxiety: I was prescribed 0.5 mgs twice a day as needed. Usually take it in the morning around 8 or 9 am and take the other around 7 or 8 pm. Klonopin is a life saver!! I was on Xanax before, but found that it made me zombie like and no matter how little or how much I would take, it didn't help my social anxiety like I needed, which is what I needed help for the most. I've been on klonopin for a few months and have never felt better since my anxiety started to emerge (about 3 1/2 years ago, I'm 21 now) it's definitely boosted my confidence especially in social situations. I'm also been prescribed 60mg of adderall a day, have been for over 10 years. Both combined definitely help when working.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 1:12 PM

Review by Spokenwurds (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Before this pill I had taken a many different anti-depressant as my family doctor stated that this would with my anxiety as well. This is BS! Anti-depressants only stunted my ability to do, act and everything else good about life. Yah sure it subdued my anxiety but over a long period and never consistent. I finally saw a psychiatrist and she prescribed Clonazepam and within a week my anxiety was at bay. My creative side returned, my libido came roaring back, all in all I was myself again, without the debilitating effects of my anxiety.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 12:30 PM

Review by Tamerlane10:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 and was always an anxious child, I am 62 now. I have tried just about every medication on the market and none of them worked. I was lucky enough to find a Dr that said a new drug Klonopin that was a seizure med may help my attacks. I haven't had an attack in years. Although I still take it now I am having pvc's. Klonopin will most of the time stop them. I have always taken it at night but I am gonna try a half during the day. I will be seeing a Cardiologist

April 15, 2015 11:29 AM

Review by Donnie0315 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I was suffering with terrible panic attacks for a few years before the attacks became more and more severe and i was starting to have the panic attacks more often. I hope none of you ever have to go thru even one panic attack. I can't explain fully how they make you feel but I was sure during each time I had one of these attacks that I might actually die. So much starts to happen to my body during an atfack. My heart feels like it is going to literally explode. My breathing becomes hyperventalating. So finally I was prescribed 1mg of klonapin 2 x a day and it has worked wonders in helping stop attacks

April 12, 2015 5:03 PM

Review by sbeebop:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: It works. I have panic attacks and then I have severe full blown three days without sleeping panic attacks. I only take 1mg when I am having the severe attacks and I make sure I only take that much. I would say I take maybe 2 mg a month. The reason why is because this really should be used for worst case scenarios and not for moderate anxiety and panic. The withdraws are unbelievably monstrous, worse than anything else. Taking it everyday is a horrible idea because you will never get off unless you go to rehab. Klonopin needs to be used with extreme caution. Get cognitive behavioral therapy for you everyday moderate panic attacks and use klonopin for this emergency "can't get out if this" episodes. It is a tool, not a crutch

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 1:16 PM

Review by Mama Cass (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was prescribed clonazepam, 2mg, 3 times a day for 6 years. I was dropped because my doctor moved out of state. It is The only one that has ever helped to calm my anxiety. I need a new doctor that understands.

April 12, 2015 6:20 AM

Review by ATLien (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Hi, Almost two years ago, I started on a dose of 0.5mg of Klonopin twice a day (or as needed) along with 20 mg of Celexa (citalopram). I would say Klonopin is an effective drug and useful for treating anxiety and panic attacks. However, my advice would be to make sure that you are working with your doctor if deciding to cut down on/taper off of Klonopin. I weaned my dose off without talking to my doc a few times. Mostly OK (days of some side effects notwithstanding), however, once it was pretty bad. I recall feeling -- edgy -- all day at work, and then later that night feeling horrible. I didn't want to eat, I cried, and I kept having anxious thoughts. I would not recommend leaving Klonopin cold turkey unless you really feel ready.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by laloloooo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: FINALLY relief of life long anxiety

April 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Review by angie19860905:

For Anxiety: When I was young I used to suffer from anxiety. After the years its stop on its own. Now that I am living alone all my anxiety came back. I been taking them for 8 months and let me tell you is the only thing that works. I can now sleep and love to come home. Before I used to get so scared thinking of death all the time. I used to wake up my two kids at 2 in the morning thinking I was dying and I will drive to my moms house. Now I feel like I am living a Normal life.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2015 6:13 PM

Review by Illcomm (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have been on this anxiolytic longer than any other, & I feel that it works the best at controlling my panic attacks.

April 5, 2015 4:52 AM

Review by peppermintlightningpatty (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I had started taking this medication after I slowly went of off lorazepam since it stopped working for my panic attacks. I found that Clonazepam took time in beginning to work since it long lasting one than after couple hours to days it started working for my panic attacks and insomnia issues. It helps my pins and needles issues too and my blood pressure is normal too. The only problem is it makes my depression sometimes worse. I also get little bit over sleepy like in daytime I feel a hangover of sleepiness and sometimes I feel bit dopey so I take two 5mg of it at night time but If I feel it too much I sometimes take 1 in a half to limit too much sleepiness. I also am afraid to lose my brain because I tend to forget where I put things at.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2015 11:47 PM

Review by Christy4533:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Helped my anxiety. Was already taking Lexapro added 0.5 mg of Klonopin no more anxiety attacks.

March 27, 2015 8:51 PM

Review by Gelly (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Works great. As soon as I take it my anxiety its gone.

March 26, 2015 12:36 PM

Review by Anon-:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: This medicine helped with my anxiety a lot. I tend to get very anxious during the night and it can keep me up at times. I'm on 0.5 mg and its works great! I finally get to sleep and not constantly worry about things. Although one downside is when I wake up. I still feel sedated and tired for about 3 hours but overall a very good medicine.

March 26, 2015 10:58 AM

Review by :-):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I am a very outgoing college student.. The type of person who can literally talk to anyone. However, when you put me on the spot or if I have to give a 10 minute presentation I can hardly think straight. My doctor was soo sweet and prescribed me 0.5 mg Clonazepam. I use it for situation anxiety. (Twice a month) and it has given me so much more assurance in myself. I also avoid caffiene when taking it before a presentation and I walk in the class way more focused on what I am going to say instead of worrying about my nerves!

March 19, 2015 11:12 PM

Review by moparguy (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Prescribed 2mg 1x day take for sleep or rest for manic episodes. I had been going on 80 hours no sleep and no relief with current meds. Dr. Prescribed this immediately and within 90 minutes I was calmed down and able to sleep. Highly recommend for anyone who has had failure with other medications as I have.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2015 9:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin is the best benzodiazepine in my opinion for any sort of anxiety disorders. It helps me the most I have SAD GAD and PTSD. This medicine lets me feel calm, at ease, and I can speak my mind. .5mg is all one needs and it lasts about 8 hours for me, and the long half life keeps my anxiety levels lower than usual If I don't take it the next day.

March 8, 2015 12:47 PM

Review by mikey0909 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: It's the only medication that works for my social anxiety, and I have tried a lot of medications.

March 5, 2015 12:36 AM

Review by orion2000912:

For Anxiety: Klonopin helps me sleep, stop my mind from racing, stop my chest pains and tremors. I have had severe anxiety for years. I have taken Xanax. Although Xanax is faster acting Klonopin lasts longer.

March 4, 2015 10:31 AM

Review by nervous1:

For Anxiety: Have had anxiety disorder since teenage years, now 50 years old. Had major attack about 3 years ago, went to ER with heart palpitations and felt like I was loosing grasp. After no sleep for about a week started on 0.50 milligram Klonopin felt relief within 15 minutes. Have been taking it ever since. I find low doses to work best for me but have no desire to stop taking the medicine.

February 22, 2015 5:56 PM

Review by foo foo (taken for 10 years or more):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Clonazepam is very effective in controlling my restless leg problem. My dosage is .5 mg. I have little to no side effects that I am aware of.

February 19, 2015 1:13 PM

Review by Diane,Modesto,California (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: This is a MIRACLE med. for me. I've been on it close to 20 years. I've never abused my dosage. I'm 50 yrs old now, but All my life since I was a child I was taking pills. My Mom always called them Nerve Pills, but they never helped. I would try to explain to Dr's for Many yrs of how I was feeling. Finally I met my future husband who I told how I felt & he advised me to try Klonopins/Clonazepam. I did and my life completely changed for the better. Nothing else works for my Anxiety/Panic Attacks.

February 17, 2015 2:17 PM

Review by JeffinMD:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I take as needed .5mg, more if needed. Works great, no side effects. Just knowing I have this 'safety net' gives me piece of mind.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 11:36 AM

Review by 1mg 3 daily (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Calm, sleep good, eat good, been on 5 years doing great.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 2:36 PM