User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 42 medications

Sleep Paralysis 1 reviews 1 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 723 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Insomnia: "I have to weigh in about this med. When you first start it, it is a wonder drug. At some point, you will either need more, or you will suffer from tolerance withdrawals. There are justifiable horror stories about this drug. Taking it for a week or two, no problem. More than 2 weeks, it's hard to get off it. I have been weaning off for about 4 months."

Be very careful (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Have taken 2.5 mg a day for 20 years without side effects. Weaned off once in 6 weeks. Convinced I suffered anxiety due to hereditary or deep rooted experienced too deep to ever unravel through therapy. Was successful business exec but was always constrained and my personal life didn't exist. Suffered and suffered! Went to an Ivy League school and never spoke to a woman. The dependency is over blown. I weaned off once in 6 weeks. The drug made my life bearable otherwise I would chose not to be here."

FritzG! July 3, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "During the time I have been on Klonopin, I was asked by my insurance to try the generic but was never able to tolerate it. Last October 2014 the brand was unavailable "Not in Stock" and I had to go on the generic. I was on it totally for several months and had some severe side effects. I became aware that brand was available in early June and was able to get back on brand. Having difficulty getting the exact same dosage I've been on for about 18 months to regulate. I'm having a problem sleeping thru the night and feeling anxious when I wake up. It doesn't feel like the same drug. I don't know why it was stopped. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience with taking the "new brand" since it is available again."

bellson44 (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2015

For Insomnia: "I can't believe that there can be a clonazapam board without anyone bringing up the physical dependence that comes with this drug, and the difficult long withdrawal that produces greater insomnia and anxiety than the insomnia and anxiety that led to starting the medication. That said, when taking it, it works. It, like most, if not all benzos, actually start messing up the natural sleep architecture. The longer one takes this, and the higher the dosage, makes for a very difficult withdrawal, physical and psychological. Never, after having taken this medication regularly, suddenly stop. If you do, within three days or so, you'll know why I post the warning. I take 2mg per 24 hours, and have taken it, with one difficult break, 9 years."

Wind-Up Bird June 27, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have taken Klonopin for 10 years for anxiety. Dr. started me at 0.5mg/day. Because of increased anxiety, my dosage was increased slowly to (3) 2mg doses per day. I was at 6mg/day for several years. It calmed my anxiety and helped me to sleep very well. I went on a 2 day trip 3 years ago and forgot my medication. I was up all night and realized that I was dependent on Klonopin. In the past 3 years I have slowly decreased my dosage to 1mg at night and 1mg in the morning. I have been at this dosage for 1 year. If I forget to take this Klonopin dosage, I get very anxious. I want to decrease dosage more, 1/4 mg at a time. Klonopin absolutely helps with my anxiety, I just didn't know I shouldn't have taken the high dosage that I was on."

kitty999 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Approximately twenty years ago, I was taken by ambulance twice and once by car to ER where they gave me something that calmed me. It was similar to a seizure. Nothing ever triggered these attacks. It just came upon me very fast. I was enjoying my career and life; I'm very social. My doctor finally sent me to a Psychologist and he diagnosed me with panic attacks. There was a name for this!! I was prescribed something similar to Klonopin and when Klonopin came on the market, he prescribed 0.5mg twice a day. I have had no adverse side effects, only positive. I have never had another panic attack and do not plan to ever stop taking Klonopin. I am the same person I was and live life to the fullest in a new phase of 'early retirement'!!"

janinpa (taken for 10 years or more) June 23, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015

For Anxiety: "Been amazing for me"

jrh420 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "The Klonopin helped my anxiety very much, probably to a level of 8 or 9 out of ten. However, after a few years, trying to taper off of it is proving to be a living nightmare and I am experiencing Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome. It's absolutely awful and I can see why some people are never able to stop taking it,"

aleksandi June 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed Klonopin by my family Doc in October of 2014 at 0.5 mg 2x a day as needed. It comes in 15 tabs per bottle, I refilled it once but after 7 months, I practically still have 12 pills remaining. I take an extremely extremely low dose (0.125 mg - 1/4 of an orange tablet) as needed. I cannot explain how amazing this drug has been for me. I get silent anxiety - not necessarily panic although I did recall getting 1x or 2x. For me, I know my anxiety creeps up when I have metallic taste in my mouth, nausea and loss of appetite which literally lasts a month if I don't take Klonopin. Now, when I experience the above symptoms, I immediately take 1/4 of a pill and 30 minutes later, I'm back to normal."

PsychGradStudent (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been on Klonopin for over 15 years now at low dose. I have actually decreased my dose over time, and yes, I am dependent on it...not addicted. This drug gave me my life back. I have/had severe panic disorder since age 16 and was declared legally disable to it because of how bad and frequent the attacks were along with severe agoraphobia. Since starting the Klonopin I have been able to go into grocery store, sit in a movie theater, walk more than half a block from my home, go to a gym, drive a car, etc. I still may have some days where I can't do everything I want, but the change has been dramatic. I have always had Xanax as a rescue med and am down to using it only a half a dozen times per year. This drug has been a miracle for me."

JenJCA June 12, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Hi every1 . I would like to share some of my experiences , when i was 25 ( now im 27 ) my father passed away . He was my hero and always will be . After that life changing blow i started getting severe panic attacks in the form of severe nausia , sickness and eventually throwing up every 3-5 minutes and im not throwing up anything . I feel like i am truly going to die at that moment . The ONLY thing that has helped me is Rivotril or clonazepam they say its the same . The only problem is that when i have to take R while im having an attack i have to concentrate not to throw up again the medicine .. after 15 mins i feel like nothing happened except alittle drowsiness . i take it only precautinary when i know ill have a stressfull day ."

The one two (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "Much like the other posters have said, this drug is a life-saver. Dealing with crippling anxiety was impacting my life and work. Once I got placed on it everything just kinda fell into place. I did not worry about everything, sleep came easier, and the over all feeling was that I was normalized and could carry on. One caveat to this is that the feeling it does give is beautiful but it has a strong appeal to stay at that level. Probably be on this drug for life."

SunlessSquid (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "Best med for those who suffer from constant anxiety. It helps me a lot with my social anxiety in particular. I take 1 mg 3x daily. Been on that dosage for 2 years now. Have had no bad side effects. This drug has been a lifesaver for me. I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember. I think I will probably be on this med for life. Never stop taking it cold turkey or you will go through a nasty withdrawal. It happened to me once several years ago when the doctor suddenly had me stop it with no warning or taper schedule. It's best to slowly taper off."

Ya-Ya (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Warning: This drug is highly addictive (think heroin- it’s so addictive) I went on it 5 years ago when i started using anti-depressants. The doctor prescribed them to me to sleep because the anti-depressants were keeping me up at night. This drug is a seriously dangerous med! I will say that it was the best medication for anxiety, but its side effects and addictive traits made it a horrible experience for me. I strongly recommend that people do not use this medication or any form anxiety medication. I also suggest people keep way from anti-depressants. I use exercise (cardio) 45 minutes a day to help me beat this issue. I also take 5000 mg of Niacinimide a day. Also keep off alcohol, and caffeine. Eat well."

P Christopher May 31, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've been taking klonopins for about 7 yrs for anxiety,panic attacks and insomnia. I also have some oral facial pain that I deal with on a daily basis,from a damaged nerve in the roof of my mouth. I'm up to 8mg a day now,but there are some nights I have to take all four of my 2mg klonies at one time and I still don't get any sleep. This is bad to say but I've taken 10 of them at once and still didn't sleep. I guess my tolerance for them has changed. But I run out before time to refill sometimes. That's when I GET Rls. When I go more than 2 or 3 days without any klonopins,its the first withdrawal symptom I have. I've never had Rls before in my life and I can tell u it really sucks. So I can sympathize with the people that have it all the time"

blue jean 70s gal (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 31, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I started taking Klonopin a few years ago 0.5 mg twice a day and prn as needed for anxiety. The drug works great for me keeps my anxiety away and I feel more on a normal level. It also helps me sleep . I only take it prn now and I feel it saved my life anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with."

David5962 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Wellbutrin SR for about 4 yrs. In combo with a few other different meds. I didn't think I would ever find my cocktail. But recently I do believe I finally have found it. So I'm on Wellbutrin SR, Seroquel, and Klonopin. I was taking Lamictal and Ativan before. But unfortunately got the Lamictal rash. I love the combo I have now. I have been sleeping like a baby. No more 100 miles an hour at bedtime."

JMarie Happy May 18, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I've had panic disorder for 36 years, in addition to ptsd, and ocd. Clonazepam 1mg twice daily has enabled me to have some sort of life. Panic disorder reduces quality of life, and I more or less live in a bubble. However, integrated with CBT, I am finding that my "bubble" is expanding. I'm able to go out of the house, drive, and function throughout the day. After taking it for several years with success, my new psych wants me to discontinue it due to addictive properties. So, back to living in my bubble, I guess. Why do they create a useful medication, and then tell you that you can't take it any longer? Drs overprescribe, FDA cracks down, and those that benefit from it are left in the dirt."

zepheringram (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2015

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam (Klonopin) works wonderfully for anxiety. I love that it is nonaddictive, there's not need to take it everyday for it to work. Having a stressful day that you can't handle, (with my boarderline personality disorder this happens a lot), just take a pill or two to ease the edge. The feelings of anger are still there, but it relaxes the tension in your mind and body to rid the potency of the anger, so it is more tolerable. it is also 100% covered by medicaid, but without insurance, the cost for a prescription of .5mg for 90 pills a month is less than $3"

TK23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was on Klonopin for 16 yrs. now side effects. Been off for three years now going through life changes I am experiencing a lot of panic attacks and anxiety racing thoughts scared to be alone and running to try to avoid these feeling. But, it wouldn't stop. Now I am on Klonopin again for a little help to get through this tough time so I can think. Klonopin is my choice because I have been on it for so long I know what it does for me. When I need it and when I don't. Like I said before I haven't had a side effect and after I take just on pill I feel great clear thinking and focused. A lot of people can't take Klonopin but for me it's my life savor."

Hardly (taken for 10 years or more) May 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "Positive. Though variations in different generic companies product. i notice difference in effectivnes. And potency vary from one generic verses Another generic manufacturer So patient really should understand there are subtle differences that can be noticed with attention to detail. And careful analysis."

John doe 1 May 13, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "For panic attacks, this drug works like a dream. Takes away the panic attack and the only side effect is a little drowsiness if you have to take more than a pill or two per day. Normally, .25 of clonazepam works for me, but over the years, I've found it to be less effective and need to take .50mg of it to knock out the panic attack. I only take it for emergency situations. It can be addictive/habit forming, but I have not had this problem with it. Usually takes about 20 - 30 mins. for it to work for me and then I feel just fine."

callisto9 (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This medication has done wonders for me and a lot of other people I know I swear I wouldn't ever wish panic anxiety disorder on my worst enemy's. It is the worst and I'm sure you all know that Klonopin has helped so very much. I Would have to say that it is definitely the best benzo and I have been on all of them at one point or another."

sactown916712 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Anger. Anxiety. Stomach in a knot. Wanting to die. Then I take my Klonopin and a warm feeling envelops me. I'm suddenly calm. I'm reasonable and rational. The violence in my heart temporarily melts away. I'm not angry anymore. I take a short vacation from misery. Then I blissfully drift off to sleep. I won't take it often because I don't want to become addicted. But when things get unbearable, my Klonopin soothes my racing mind."

Auntie Depressant (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015