User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 626 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by kajunkutie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: My neuro started me on .5 mg clonazepam June 2013 to help me with extreme insomnia. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis Jan. 1995. My neuro in Sept. 2013 moved his office almost 3 hours away and no longer treats M.S. I am having a hard time finding a new neuro in my area that does not have a several mo. waiting list (north Louisiana & Arkansas border).I ran out of this medication a month ago; obvious with-drawl symptoms have not been 'enjoyable': severe insomnia, nausea, extreme weakness; to me it felt like it was causing my M.S. to get worse. Today is the 1st day in 4 weeks I feel semi aka 50% back to my normal. Cold turkey off soma in 2012 was as bad as this drug.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by Greenbriar:

For Insomnia: I have PTSD and have a lot of difficulty with falling asleep, staying asleep. One symptom is not reaching a deep sleep past REM, and having nightmares through-out the night, continually waking, panicked. I was prescribed a sleep med that made me some what relaxed, or I maybe only slept for four hours, and still having nightmares. This went on for months. I was prescribed Clonazepam and it has been a God-send. Not being able to sleep normally had a terrible affect on my daily life. I take it a few hours before bedtime, and when ready I lay down and sleep soundly, waking the next morning feeling relaxed, rejuvenated. I am able to return to a normal activities without the fatigue.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2014 10:57 AM

Review by bil123:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've had GAD for 30 years. The last 5 years it's gotten worse, my normal techniques weren't working anymore and I needed help. I take the smallest amount of Klonopin 0.25 mg once per day and it level's things out.

January 13, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by Mike from nz:

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Works great for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder for me. Can intensify if I stop talking it though.....which is a slight worry, as I would prefer not to take it for the rest of my life if I can help it. I do feel a little groggy sometimes, but the benefits are far greater for me. At my worst I was hitting myself and my partner in my sleep without any control at all and would waken me 9 times out of 10. So I was having very poor sleep, so was my wife. So I can live with a bit of tiredness over feeling like a zombie.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by Feelmuchbetter55:

For Panic Disorder: One thing I learned while taking 0.5mg of clonazepam as a sleep aid, it did help my panic attacks that I had for about 7 years. Side effects weren't bad at all. But one thing you might want to try if you take this medicine for panic attacks. I was told during this time that I was now a diabetic. For six months I did away with 98% of my normal sugar intake, and along with the clonazepam, it did wonders for my panic attacks. Sugar acts as brain fuel and to much of it puts the brain in overdrive (it doesn't take much) which puts you on edge for panic attacks. I recommend cutting out at least 50% of your sugar intake. Your notice a big difference. I also lost a huge amount of weight. Cost nothing to try. It worked for me. P.S., no sodas or Juices.

December 31, 2013 8:19 PM

Review by Haloflower:

For Anxiety: One month my doctor gave me 90 pills instead of 120 and I didn't bother to read the label, and he didn't tell me either. So, for the last week before my next apt I was going through severe withdrawals. I could not sleep at all. My pulse was over 100 (Usually 60). My blood pressure was high too. I've been taking these for over 1 year now, so I don't know why he went to 90 instead of 120. I have VERY high anxiety, and it was not cutting it for me not being on it for a week. When I went back on it, I was just fine. I would for sure give this a 9.9 rating. Best medicine for anxiety I have ever taken!

December 30, 2013 11:57 AM

Review by BobB. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Insomnia: After four spinal fusions, I have chronic pain and chronic spasms. I've tried almost everything out there My doctor suggested 0.5mg of Clonazepam twice a day for spasm and sleep. It's worked wonders. Being able to get rest, makes everything else tolerable.

December 29, 2013 10:01 PM

Review by Anxiety & Insomnia Problems in PA (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I have been on Clonezepam for 2 different reasons. 1 for Anxiety 1mg pill 3xs a day, and then 1mg at bedtime to help Insomnia. It REALLY helps with the anxiety part with me losing both parents & dealing with my own rheumatoid arthritis at age 26. To those worried about becoming addicted or physically dependent on this medicine, I wouldn't worry about it too much as I been on it for 3 yrs now and I haven't had to had to up my dose at all and have been on steady 4mg daily. There were a few times where my doctor went on vacation & it was my fault for not getting my script early. My Anxiety was bad for 3-4 days BUT I felt NO WITHDRAWALS or SICKNESS at all from lack of the clonazepam.

December 27, 2013 8:58 PM

Review by Dave 60 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Migraine Prevention: I have had migraine headaches most of my life averaging 3-5 a week. Mostly at night. Waking up in the middle of the night. I have not had a single headache since I have started the clonazepam. It has been only two months but right now I would call it a miracle.

December 27, 2013 6:46 AM

Review by mrdjm365 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: A very effective medicine, that needs to be used with care and caution. I wouldn't take more than 1mg per day, and my doctor will not prescribe any higher dose. I take it in combination with Lexapro, and my anxiety is nearly obliterated. I would say be very careful, though, about dosage.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2013 4:17 PM

Review by Crvman:

For Panic Disorder: Having lived with my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and panic disorder. Klonopin seemed to be what I needed. It eliminated my issues by 95%. And it has a longer half life so it can be taken daily. It's given me my life back.

December 19, 2013 1:57 PM

Review by lady38 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: It is wonderful. I only wish I knew about it sooner.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2013 9:11 PM

Review by KlonopinInfo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin is a great, I went through trial and error to get it but my doctor finally prescribed it! Been on it for 2 months and it's been great, but people you still need to learn to cope while on it, it's not just a miracle pill. I give it a 9/10.

December 14, 2013 7:15 PM

Review by Ashes2ashes:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was placed on 150mg x2 a day Wellbutrin & 0.5mg Klonopin X 2 a day. Wellbutrin gave me the initial energy I needed to stay awake. At one point I didn't have enough Klonopin to get me through so I cut my dosage in 1/2 for the Klonopin to 0.5mg. Wellbutrin was overpowering it made me too hyperactive and made my anxiety rage so I stopped taking it and it helped calm me down. My depression disappeared and my anxiety leveled out. Since, I%u2019ve been back on 0.5mg x 2 a day, extra as needed and stayed off the Wellbutrin. The depression hasn't come back yet. If I forget to take Klonopin for more than a day I start losing my thoughts mid-sentence and I forget everything that I%u2019m trying to say. Then my anxiety comes back and I%u2019m a mess until I take it.

December 14, 2013 1:33 PM

Review by Gjgbjug:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Panic attacks and anxiety run in my family, and this helped me big time. I was scared to take any medicines after having a bad experience with another anxiety medication, but I took it finally and day three of my panic attack/no sleep was over! I could eat again and finally crack a smile. It did make me sleepy, and it felt a tad funny to walk. I only took them before bed to sleep unless I really needed it. It restored my confidence that I could be happy again and made me feel comfy just knowing I had them on me. I am off of them for now and on a different anxiety pill, because my doc didn't want me to become dependent on them. I do keep one or two in my purse for emergencies.

December 12, 2013 10:19 PM

Review by WhiteRook (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin works pretty well at low doses (2-4 mg). I'm 46 6'4' 260 lbs. Higher doses just make me drool and shuffle, and cause horribly painful foot cramps if I miss a dose or two. Low dose, no problems. One wicked side effect is memory loss and speed of comprehension. Sleep is better. Withdrawal is pretty easy at low doses. Taper from high doses. It also was a major asset discontinuing opiates, and their various temporary-but-forever withdrawal effects.

November 26, 2013 9:53 PM

Review by Anonomys23:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I take 2mg Klonopin 4-5 times daily along with Adderall XR 20mg 2 each morning. The combination of the two works great. I suffer from BiPolar disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. I would get so bad I would lock myself in my room at home and cry my eyeballs out, afraid to speak to people, just full blown terrible anxiety. Klonopin is very effective if taken properly. Its a miracle medicine. I used to just be on Xanax 1mg 5 times daily and it started making me angry and aggressive. Some people react different to medications. Klonopin controls my mood, stops the worst anxiety you ever experienced in its tracks. Wonderful medication with just drowsiness as a side effect.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2013 6:51 AM

Review by Grumpy Smurf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I have struggled with moderate insomnia for years (can't fall asleep, wake up 3 hours later unable to go back to sleep, etc). Although some nights are better than others, it has always been a major influence in my life. Lunesta worked well, allowing me to get about 6.5 to 7 hours, but it costs a FORTUNE. Just started clonazepam about a month ago and WOW! I only take it 3-4 nights a week to avoid dependency and my life is a lot better. As a side note, I do not suffer from anxiety or depression, I just can't turn off my brain EVER.

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2013 1:21 PM

Review by D-Wreck (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: This drug was unbelievable. I was on clonazepam for anxiety and before that wellbutrin (i liked the energy from wellbutrin, helped me at the gym), but clonazepam let me do things i could never have done. I went to a club for the first time, went airsofting, DROVE!!!!!

November 13, 2013 1:07 PM

Review by FinallySleeping (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I've had insomnia for 10 years; couldn't shut my brain off! My uncle is a doctor & flipped when I told him I hadn't slept in 16 days. He immediately prescribed tricyclic antidepressants & sent me for a sleep study; in only 4 hours of sleep, I woke up 69 times. The antidepressants made me suicidal. Everything else worked for just a few weeks. I started getting depressed, panic attacks, anxiety, quit working, having seizures, became a shut in, cried every single day, then became suicidal. The only thing that stopped me was the thought of my family finding me. I was then prescribed Ambien & it worked well but made me hungover. Amitriptyline worked but gave me bad muscle spasms. Finally, I was put on 2mg Klonopin. I can sleep now!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2013 12:34 AM

Review by Reservechic (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: For the severe level of anxiety that I had developed Xanax would help. It would calm my body within a few minutes. However, after about 3-4 hours, my body would be back feeling nervous and tense again. It works very good, except its effects don't last long. I was also prescribed Klonopin to try after I told my doctor that I was having problems sleeping and that the effects from Xanax were not long lasting enough. I am prescribed to take 1 mg twice a day. With Klonopin, I am able to feel relaxed for longer periods of time than with Xanax. It has helped to keep my body more tranquil. It has helped with my sleeping better than Ambien ever did. And, I haven't experienced any bad side effects from it either.

November 10, 2013 10:18 AM

Review by Gary321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Please, please, please do your research before ever taking Klonopin or any drug in the benzodiazepine family. Klonopin has caused me great hardship and nearly cost me my life. And I am not alone - thousands of people have had horrific experiences with this drug. Please search "benzo withdrawal" or similar to educate yourself. Looking back, my original anxiety was nothing compared to the torture I went through once I was addicted to klonopin. And I am not through it yet. Words can not explain the horror I went through. That is why I beg you to do your own research. Most doctors don't know or are in denial about the withdrawal effects of benzodiazepines. The stories you will find are not lies or exaggerations. Buyer beware! Please!!

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 12:39 PM

Review by normanlover:

For Insomnia: It helps me with several things my insomnia my anxiety and depression the only side affect I get is increased appetite

November 7, 2013 10:42 PM

Review by blackbear73 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I have taken clonazepam for 20 years. I have remained at 0.5mg 3x/day. This is the ONLY medication that has significantly helped with my anxiety. When I take it, I feel normal again. SSRI's have given my side effects; I have none with clonazepam. Some docs don't like to prescribe it long-term, although we are talking about quality of life. It ought to be the *patient's decision* if they want to remain on it. If being dependent on something greatly improves quality of life, then it's worth it IMHO. Some people are born with more anxiety than others. This medication seems to correct that imbalance in brain chemistry.

November 1, 2013 11:17 AM

Review by Andy (19 years old) (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Anxiety disorder runs in my family, and Klonopin has done us wonders. I suffered a severe car accident 10/2012. Quit my job, quit fall-term, and became paralyzed from Anxiety. Initial dose was 0.5mg 2X a day. I discovered, LESS IS MORE. Now I only take 0.5 mg 2X a day, and it helps me be Andy. Klonopin is addictive. 20mg is max dose for epilepsy. 4mg/ day max for anxiety. 1mg/day in studies is shown to be most effective for anxiety. Take it as prescribed. DON'T, TAKE MORE. If you don't have epilepsy. BELIEVE ME! Benzodiazepines should be used with caution.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2013 8:06 AM