User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 586 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by mariatechnic:

For Anxiety: I suffer from a nagging sense of anxiety that shadows my every waking minute. This medicine has enabled me to live a normal life.

September 22, 2013 3:44 PM

Review by singingmeadow (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: I have taken Klonopin for at least 20 years now and it is the only medication that prevents absences and myocloptic seizures. Sometimes I have breakthroughs but not often. I vary in my doses from 1 mg a day to 3 mg at times due to needing a little more or less. Since I have been on it for so long I am able to do this. I take it at nighttime because I cannot function during the day if I take it in the morning. I think I have been on every seizure medicine there is and have had nightmare stories concerning them but Klonopin works the best for me. I believe every person is different and what works for one may not work for another. I do have to put up with occasional side effects like bouts of insomnia and breakthrough optical migraines.

September 19, 2013 1:28 PM

Review by sleepless no more (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Night Terrors: I have suffered from insomnia and night terrors as long as I can remember. I took Zopiclone, over the counter medications for sleep that were helpful for the insomnia but not the night terrors. I was diagnosed with REM sleep disorder by a psychiatrist who prescribed Clonazepam. I started with 1mg at night, but found it was too much and had problems waking up. I vary now between 0.5mg and 0.75mg depending on my anxiety level going to bed. I cannot say what a difference it has made. My sleep terrors are all but gone (I still have them on occasion, but not every night), and I wake up feeling more alert than on the other medicines. It has been the most helpful for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2013 2:58 AM

For Insomnia: Recently, I'd experienced insomnia for 4 weeks. It'd made me literally nonfunctional at work and very easily irritable. My doctor prescribed 0.5 mg clonazepam per night. I have been taking it for 5 days now and it is doing miracles. My only concern is it's being habit-forming. I am not sure how long I should continue taking it. Regardless, I am very satisfied with it so far.

September 15, 2013 2:01 AM

Review by Junebug25:

For Anxiety: I have been battling chronic neck and shoulder blade pain now for two years. Severe anxiety started as well with panic attack and adrenaline rushes along with tingling hands and feet constantly. Battling depression and insomnia too. Took citalopram, Effexor, Buspar, Valium and they were not much help with my anxiety and insomnia. Started taking Klonopin 2 mg at bedtime five months ago for insomnia and it has helped me so much. I know this medication can be addicting but doctor is tapering me slowly and now am down to 1 mg at bedtime. This has been the best medication ever. I would definitely recommend anybody suffering from anxiety or insomnia to try Klonopin.

September 13, 2013 8:17 PM

Review by maggenpie:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have been on Klonopin for 20 years. I've only had to up the dosage once, from 0.5mg to 1 mg per day. Before I took it I started having uncontrollable panic attacks, loss of appetite, lack of concentration. Klonopin worked instantly. I went from no appetite, to being able to eat normally again. There has only been one short period in my life during those 20 years, when my circumstances were so overwhelming that the panic attacks re-occurred, and I would sometimes take an extra dose. This medicine has been a life saver for me. In all those years I have only lost 2 days of work because of anxiety related illness. I thank the doctor who put me on this and who keeps monitoring me to see that I am OK.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by Diesel7758:

For Panic Disorder: Clonazepam makes it so I can leave the house in the morning. I always used to get bad panic attacks, shivering, throwing up, sweating, etc. But now I'm on 1 mg clonazepam twice a day and I'm much better.

September 7, 2013 12:14 AM

Review by superfast:

For Sleep Paralysis: Nausea, night tremors.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2013 5:33 PM

Review by OCD and anxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I had a health issue that printed severe anxiety 2 plus years ago. I tried a couple of SSRI's. They made me feel worse. This is the ONLY medication that helps me to feel normal. Also battled insomnia for 15 years and took nothing for it. Now with Klonopin I sleep. I also have a fear of medication /building up tolerance but physical impact of stress I have been told is worse for my mind and body. The life saving plus no side effect profile of this medicine is amazing. I just hope I can continue to take it long term because without it I would be in far worse shape. Thank you for all the rave reviews nice to know I am not alone in my love for this medicine. And this is from a medication averse, workout everyday, eat right person.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by Majestic Angel (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: I have been taking this for several years for a tremor and anxiety. I take it 3 times a day, it works so well, but lately Doctors are giving me hard time filling it because it's considered a controlled substance. I have tried other medications and this works the best for me.

August 29, 2013 8:58 PM

Review by Rickson (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: On it for almost 2 years. 8 mg's /day all taken in the morning. Sets me up for the day with no anxiety.

August 28, 2013 9:26 AM

Review by jeric (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: It really works for my anxiety.

August 27, 2013 3:19 AM

Review by Klonopin removes OCD:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have suffered from terrible bouts of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder my whole life. I have tried SSRI's such as Prozac and Luvox and at other times the supplement 5-HTP with good success. I wish a doctor had given me Klonopin earlier in life, however, because when I take 1 mg it is as though I have no OCD at all. I do not take it everyday because of its tendency to cause dependency, but I take it as needed. Roche has done a study showing Klonopin's success in helping patients with OCD while they wait for the SSRI to gain full-effect.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2013 3:39 AM

Review by Rome77 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Awesome medicine. I have a good deal of anxiety I've been dealing with for years. Recently, I started experiencing involuntary muscle jerks (Myoclonus) that kept getting worse and worse. About 100 times per day. After seeing my doctor he prescribed me Klonopin 2mg once daily. It has been a life saver to say the least. My anxiety is all but moot. No real side effects to speak of. I'm relaxed, able to think more clearly, and overall, feeling great!

August 21, 2013 6:22 PM

Review by Rexpert:

For Anxiety: This is a miracle medicine for me. I've been plagued by anxiety all my life. My Dr recently added 0.5mg clonazepam twice a day to the 115mg Effexor I am taking. I am happy, relaxed and finally able to enjoy life and work.

August 20, 2013 3:29 PM

Review by emotional-problems:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've suffered with depression, anxiety and panic along with various health problems. I have tried just about most medicines that claim to help with these problems. Nothing, until I tried Klonopin and it just changed so much about me. Although I will say in the beginning I felt very cheery and super friendly. Though that particular feeling has decreased it still controls my anxiety. And no side effects, only thing is that it doesn't help with sleep so I take a Seroquel instead at night.It also helps keep me calm when worrying over my bad health conditions. Found deep belly breathing can help while in the midst of a panic. I plan on staying on it. Take care.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2013 10:29 AM

Review by BioGuy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: Best medication I've tried to combat panic/anxiety attacks. Prescribed 1mg twice daily as needed and it's been a God send. I'm a relatively "big" guy, not overweight but tall and broad. It's been wonderful so far and have a very compassionate physician who listens and has me in his best interest. Yes, during the down times, it can make you a bit sleepy/drowsy but haven't had a single panic/anxiety attack since beginning the medicine. It's given my life back and that's priceless. I can now function at my optimal capacity. I hate to rely on pharmaceutical solutions but this one has changed my life for the ultimate best.

August 12, 2013 12:57 PM

Review by S3E3 (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I have post traumatic stress disorder and PCs. My psychiatrist switched me from Ativan to clonazepam a few weeks ago. It is powerful and effective. I am prescribed 0.5mg 3X daily (and 200mg of sertraline). It lasts a LONG time and can take up to 4 hours to peak, so if you take 0.5mg, wait a half hour, (decide its not working) and take another half. I now take a quarter of a pill (0.25mg) at a time and give it at LEAST 2 hours to kick in (because I like being able to leave the house once in a while).

August 7, 2013 8:34 PM

Review by CPep (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin has been instrumental in getting my anxiety disorder under control. I take 0.25 milligrams three times a day...taking 0.5mg at once is too much and causes me to be a space cadet. It doesn't work as well on my rare panic attacks, but I have found other ways to cope with breathing exercises and such. Without it I was nearly non-functioning and about to slip into a deep depression. It has leveled my mood swings and just made life much more bearable (even joyful!). I would much rather have dependency on this medicine and be happy than feel that I am constantly in crisis (and occasionally suicidal).

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 9:36 PM

Review by heidibsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I take 0.5 mg twice daily - actually Xanax worked slightly better, but my doctor believes Klonopon has less risk of addiction, so he prescribed it for long term use, which I need to treat panic disorder. My panic disorder emerged as a young child and then went into remission from my twenties through my early forties, only to crop up again a few months ago. I take 100 mg of Zoloft for depression and the Klonopin for the panic and I have my life back. I do get a little tired each day, but my range of emotions are normal, not desperate, hopeless and fraught with terror of panic. These medicines area a God send and I thank God daily for them.

August 4, 2013 11:11 PM

Review by What a Relief!! (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Have had increasingly severe restless legs syndrome for 45 years. Finally started using Requip about 12 years ago, and got relief from RLS at night, but had to be doing something physical or at least on my feet all day to keep it under control. Got up to 3mg at bedtime, but that was causing horrible nasal decongestion every morning. My doc suggested clonazepam, and the effect was absolutely amazing! Wonderful, solid sleep every night. But, even better, the RLS disappeared during the day, as well. Daytime movies, meetings, and travel all now possible for the first time in decades! Need only 0.2 mg each evening, and no adverse side effects or tolerance increase after more than a year. This truly changed my life.

August 1, 2013 6:40 PM

Review by lisellle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Makes me calm. Amazing. Feel kind of woozy. Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Restless legs syndrome was my first symptom. Would like to stay on this.

July 31, 2013 12:30 AM

Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for : This med is usually prescribed for anxiety but I'm taking it for post-surgical nerve pain. It is truly a miracle. I take a tiny dose of 0.25mg and it lasts for 14-18 hours! The only downside to it is that it can cause dependency & you eventually get used to it and have to increase the dosage. For that reason alone I don't take it every day although I'd love to.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2013 5:59 PM

Review by 2froggy:

For Anxiety: I have no anxiety on this medication. It last longer therefore I don't get panic attacks anymore.

July 29, 2013 10:35 PM

Review by donaldeasterling (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Completely changed my life for the better. I've had panic attacks for as long as I can remember, literally. I should have been diagnosed at a young age and who knows how things would have turned out, BUT it does help tremendously. I get that doctors are hesitant to prescribe it because it is scheduled and realistically you will be on benzocdiazepines forever if you have serious panic problems like I do, and I know many of you know how debilitating this disease is. But what is better; intractable panic all day with your teeth being ground down and your BP 200/120, or being on a relatively harmless controlled substance that can give you a life? Not a hard choice to me!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2013 12:41 AM