User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 663 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by Rissa2207 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I have anxiety, bipolar disorder and panic disorder & this helped alot with all of those.

May 2, 2014 5:31 AM

Review by carnivora (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Best medicine for anxiety.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 2:32 PM

Review by Strashine:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: It really calms me down when I get acute panic attacks. Dr. allows me to take up to one 2 mg tab as needed during day. I do find myself taking up to 2 tabs a day and 1 at night to help with sleep. Nothing else seems to work.

May 1, 2014 11:20 AM

Review by KeithC49:

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: Clonazepam truly saved my life. The pain was so intense 24/7 I became suicidal. I have been taking the same low dose for almost ten years with no pain.

April 27, 2014 1:25 PM

Review by Sill:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Good medicine.

April 26, 2014 10:45 PM

Review by lue Cypher (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Clonazepam is a wonderful medicine that stops all the bad feelings like, anxiety, feeling of impending doom or just nervous but you don't know why, its in the pit of your stomach, a nauseated twisted feeling in your gut that won't go away. Good news clonazepam is wonderful for these feelings, 2 mg 4 times a day and maybe a Halcion for sleep, you won't get so nervous and you will feel comfortable in your own skin.

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by Takenitall1234:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: This is a miracle for me. I have experienced abrupt withdrawal, but that was my fault and all that happened was my vision was extremely blurred and I was in bed a few days. Do not drink with this medication, take it AS needed instead of all the time, then you won't have withdrawals if you forget to take it. I don't understand why this old trusted medication isn't prescribed more often, it never produced "euphoria" or anything like that for me or anyone I know on it - but it's dangerous with alcohol I guess and so many people drink. I've been on 6mg a day - which I found way too much and went down to 2mg on my own.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2014 7:03 PM

Review by Rickb9960 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I have social anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I have been on Xanax for about 12 years, and it was a lifesaver. My new psych dr gave me 0.5 mg of Klonopin and it isn't helping at all.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 4:16 PM

Review by sarag1977:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Started this medicine a month ago and I have to say the low dose of 0.5mg has changed my day to day life!

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2014 4:33 PM

Review by calm cate (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Panic attacks, severe. Once on medication haven't had any. Anxiety is in check. Can function as normal or maybe better looking back over my whole life.

April 6, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by WendyDee:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I began getting severe panic attacks in the middle of the night every night. Not just regular sleep pattern problems. But waking up wanting to be dead. This went on for a couple years until I could not bare it anymore. My doctor prescribed me Klonopin and it has done the trick. Previous to Klonopin I tried Ambien, Ambien XL, and Seroquel. I personally think it's a good idea to follow your doctors instructions and start with the more mild medicine. But to those who warn of the withdrawal symptoms of Klonopin. I have to say that opinion does not apply to all. Not wanting to die in the middle of the night every night for 2 years is such a benefit to me that I will risk the withdrawal symptoms that may come with stopping later down the road.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2014 12:07 AM

Review by Dandawolf:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I recently switched from Xanax to Klonopin for panic disorder. Klonopin does help me get through the day but doesn't totally eliminate my anxiety. I like the fact that I don't get heavy rebound anxiety on Klonopin (as I did on Xanax) due to its longer half life. Overall quite long lasting, pretty effective, but in the crisis of a panic attack a Xanax is 1000X better for getting through it.

April 1, 2014 8:22 AM

Review by wop (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I take 1 tablet (1mg) 3 times a day. Helped me so much. It lasts a lot longer than Ativan, Xanax and doesn't make me like a zombie like Valium.

March 31, 2014 6:17 PM

Review by Animegirl:

For Seizure Prevention: I started this pill last Saturday and it is so helpful. It has helped my seizures and literally stopped them in one day. It is so nice and it makes me happier; I had gotten off Keppra and within a week it seems like I'm back to my old self maybe even better. Try this medication.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by BIPOLar1whatfun:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have bipolar type 1. I was on many medications over the years. None of them very effective. I've been hospitalized on many different occasions. I was in a outpatient program. At that time Seroquel had just come out. It did half or less of the Seroquel XR, this was a major game changer for me. Clonazepam has been literally a life saver for me. It stops my thoughts from going out of control. When a major situation happens I'm able to stay calm and not act on impulse. When driving if someone is going too slow and catch a red light it takes away a lot of the anger I would feel I would say be %85 but flare ups can happen on a MUCH lower scale. One more medicine that can help is lamotrigine.

March 28, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by Jackie100480 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: It helps with my anxiety

March 26, 2014 1:19 AM

Review by huskybreed (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Night Terrors: Works for what I needed to.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2014 2:59 AM

Review by Alayska:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: For the past few years I have been suffering from severe anxiety and depression, when my Doctor put me on 0.5 mg I didn't know if it would help or not, but in just a month or 2, my life has changed a lot for the better. I've been more self confident, and going out more. It really does help. As people have mentioned before take the lowest dosage that suits you. It really is a great treatment for anxiety. Though everyone is different, if you're running out of options you should definitely ask your Doctor about it!

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by JohnnyEuro1:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin has been a wonderful medication for me. I'm a young male who gets social anxiety, and overall anxious feelings about situational matters that I just couldn't stop. Well, I take 0.5 mg of Klonopin once daily and haven't had a hint of social nor general anxiety since. I can now focus on school, interact with others with confidence, sleep well at night, and enjoy my life again.The medication gives you a steady sense of calm and tranquility WITHOUT making you feel sedated (at least it does for me), and its effects lasts between 6-8 hours! Xanax worked as well, but it made me too sedated to adequately perform my daily schedules, plus didn't last as long.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by willingtotry:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've had anxiety for over 30 years, I'm in my 50's. I've been on Effexor and a few other antidepressants, which helped some, but sexual side effects were weird. I reluctantly started Klonopin about 6 months ago but was afraid of the addictive properties of it. So I started on a real low dose 0.125 mg, once a day. And some days I take the another 0.125 mg. totaling 0.25mg per day. I'll admit it helps a lot. It makes me feel like myself again. It doesn't stop the scary thoughts and stupid fears that I have, but I don't react as poorly to them. I'm hoping I don't have to increase my dosage, but figure I have a lot of room to go up if I do. Still wish I didn't have to take them but this winter was rough and I needed some help until the sun shines again.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by KrissieD:

For Night Terrors: I had been taking anti-anxiety medication for a very long time due to my severe anxiety and panic attack disorder I have and the last resort after trying a few others was to take klonopin 1 mg 4 times a day.. After starting taking the medication, I didn't notice any bad side effects, but then I slowly started to have nightmares and night terrors, even when I just took small cat naps! It was absolutely horrible, I couldn't stand it but I didn't think about Klonopin being the cause until after a while it stopped working for my anxiety and I went back to Xanax which started to work better for me again and all of a sudden, my night terrors have disappeared and no longer afraid to fall asleep! They've gone away ever since I stopped Klonopin.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2014 6:10 PM

Review by Nick Gehringer (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin definitely has a smoother onset and longer duration than Xanax. Some tolerance can develop on long term usage so try to keep the dose as low as possible. Great benzodiazepine, wipes out anxiety once you figure out the right dosage for you.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2014 6:16 PM

Review by 44oakrdr (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Definitely helps with anxiety and panic attacks, all side effects have subsided. I do keep mednotes on all medications I take for interactions just because I've had some scares with some medications that have interacted with each other but the pharmacist or doctors have not caught onto.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by Jpal1397:

For Anxiety: I have been taking Klonopin for generalized anxiety disorder for 18 years now. I am 52 years old and this medicine saved my quality of life. I have ranged between 2.5 and 3.5 mg for 18 years now. No side effects at all. Psychiatrist told me I could use it the rest of my life. Felt it was an older but best proven remedy for dealing with GAD on the market. No pharmaceutical kickbacks involved so not as popular as other medicines being prescribed. No pharmaceutical incentives to sell. Not addictive but could be dependency forming. Lesser of evils versus anxiety. I highly recommend it in proper circumstances.

March 12, 2014 6:28 PM

Review by sarag7977 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Started low dose of 0.25mg and it has changed my life! Only take lowest dose needed and work with a therapist because medicine doesn't do all the work..YOU have to as well.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 3:57 PM