User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 614 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by KlonopinInfo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin is a great, I went through trial and error to get it but my doctor finally prescribed it! Been on it for 2 months and it's been great, but people you still need to learn to cope while on it, it's not just a miracle pill. I give it a 9/10.

December 14, 2013 7:15 PM

Review by Ashes2ashes:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was placed on 150mg x2 a day Wellbutrin & 0.5mg Klonopin X 2 a day. Wellbutrin gave me the initial energy I needed to stay awake. At one point I didn't have enough Klonopin to get me through so I cut my dosage in 1/2 for the Klonopin to 0.5mg. Wellbutrin was overpowering it made me too hyperactive and made my anxiety rage so I stopped taking it and it helped calm me down. My depression disappeared and my anxiety leveled out. Since, I%u2019ve been back on 0.5mg x 2 a day, extra as needed and stayed off the Wellbutrin. The depression hasn't come back yet. If I forget to take Klonopin for more than a day I start losing my thoughts mid-sentence and I forget everything that I%u2019m trying to say. Then my anxiety comes back and I%u2019m a mess until I take it.

December 14, 2013 1:33 PM

Review by Gjgbjug:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Panic attacks and anxiety run in my family, and this helped me big time. I was scared to take any medicines after having a bad experience with another anxiety medication, but I took it finally and day three of my panic attack/no sleep was over! I could eat again and finally crack a smile. It did make me sleepy, and it felt a tad funny to walk. I only took them before bed to sleep unless I really needed it. It restored my confidence that I could be happy again and made me feel comfy just knowing I had them on me. I am off of them for now and on a different anxiety pill, because my doc didn't want me to become dependent on them. I do keep one or two in my purse for emergencies.

December 12, 2013 10:19 PM

Review by WhiteRook (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin works pretty well at low doses (2-4 mg). I'm 46 6'4' 260 lbs. Higher doses just make me drool and shuffle, and cause horribly painful foot cramps if I miss a dose or two. Low dose, no problems. One wicked side effect is memory loss and speed of comprehension. Sleep is better. Withdrawal is pretty easy at low doses. Taper from high doses. It also was a major asset discontinuing opiates, and their various temporary-but-forever withdrawal effects.

November 26, 2013 9:53 PM

Review by Anonomys23:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I take 2mg Klonopin 4-5 times daily along with Adderall XR 20mg 2 each morning. The combination of the two works great. I suffer from BiPolar disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. I would get so bad I would lock myself in my room at home and cry my eyeballs out, afraid to speak to people, just full blown terrible anxiety. Klonopin is very effective if taken properly. Its a miracle medicine. I used to just be on Xanax 1mg 5 times daily and it started making me angry and aggressive. Some people react different to medications. Klonopin controls my mood, stops the worst anxiety you ever experienced in its tracks. Wonderful medication with just drowsiness as a side effect.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2013 6:51 AM

Review by Grumpy Smurf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I have struggled with moderate insomnia for years (can't fall asleep, wake up 3 hours later unable to go back to sleep, etc). Although some nights are better than others, it has always been a major influence in my life. Lunesta worked well, allowing me to get about 6.5 to 7 hours, but it costs a FORTUNE. Just started clonazepam about a month ago and WOW! I only take it 3-4 nights a week to avoid dependency and my life is a lot better. As a side note, I do not suffer from anxiety or depression, I just can't turn off my brain EVER.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2013 1:21 PM

Review by D-Wreck (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: This drug was unbelievable. I was on clonazepam for anxiety and before that wellbutrin (i liked the energy from wellbutrin, helped me at the gym), but clonazepam let me do things i could never have done. I went to a club for the first time, went airsofting, DROVE!!!!!

November 13, 2013 1:07 PM

Review by FinallySleeping (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I've had insomnia for 10 years; couldn't shut my brain off! My uncle is a doctor & flipped when I told him I hadn't slept in 16 days. He immediately prescribed tricyclic antidepressants & sent me for a sleep study; in only 4 hours of sleep, I woke up 69 times. The antidepressants made me suicidal. Everything else worked for just a few weeks. I started getting depressed, panic attacks, anxiety, quit working, having seizures, became a shut in, cried every single day, then became suicidal. The only thing that stopped me was the thought of my family finding me. I was then prescribed Ambien & it worked well but made me hungover. Amitriptyline worked but gave me bad muscle spasms. Finally, I was put on 2mg Klonopin. I can sleep now!

November 13, 2013 12:34 AM

Review by Reservechic (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: For the severe level of anxiety that I had developed Xanax would help. It would calm my body within a few minutes. However, after about 3-4 hours, my body would be back feeling nervous and tense again. It works very good, except its effects don't last long. I was also prescribed Klonopin to try after I told my doctor that I was having problems sleeping and that the effects from Xanax were not long lasting enough. I am prescribed to take 1 mg twice a day. With Klonopin, I am able to feel relaxed for longer periods of time than with Xanax. It has helped to keep my body more tranquil. It has helped with my sleeping better than Ambien ever did. And, I haven't experienced any bad side effects from it either.

November 10, 2013 10:18 AM

Review by Gary321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Please, please, please do your research before ever taking Klonopin or any drug in the benzodiazepine family. Klonopin has caused me great hardship and nearly cost me my life. And I am not alone - thousands of people have had horrific experiences with this drug. Please search "benzo withdrawal" or similar to educate yourself. Looking back, my original anxiety was nothing compared to the torture I went through once I was addicted to klonopin. And I am not through it yet. Words can not explain the horror I went through. That is why I beg you to do your own research. Most doctors don't know or are in denial about the withdrawal effects of benzodiazepines. The stories you will find are not lies or exaggerations. Buyer beware! Please!!

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 12:39 PM

Review by normanlover:

For Insomnia: It helps me with several things my insomnia my anxiety and depression the only side affect I get is increased appetite

November 7, 2013 10:42 PM

Review by blackbear73 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I have taken clonazepam for 20 years. I have remained at 0.5mg 3x/day. This is the ONLY medication that has significantly helped with my anxiety. When I take it, I feel normal again. SSRI's have given my side effects; I have none with clonazepam. Some docs don't like to prescribe it long-term, although we are talking about quality of life. It ought to be the *patient's decision* if they want to remain on it. If being dependent on something greatly improves quality of life, then it's worth it IMHO. Some people are born with more anxiety than others. This medication seems to correct that imbalance in brain chemistry.

November 1, 2013 11:17 AM

Review by Andy (19 years old) (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Anxiety disorder runs in my family, and Klonopin has done us wonders. I suffered a severe car accident 10/2012. Quit my job, quit fall-term, and became paralyzed from Anxiety. Initial dose was 0.5mg 2X a day. I discovered, LESS IS MORE. Now I only take 0.5 mg 2X a day, and it helps me be Andy. Klonopin is addictive. 20mg is max dose for epilepsy. 4mg/ day max for anxiety. 1mg/day in studies is shown to be most effective for anxiety. Take it as prescribed. DON'T, TAKE MORE. If you don't have epilepsy. BELIEVE ME! Benzodiazepines should be used with caution.

October 28, 2013 8:06 AM

Review by ExperienceSpeaking (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I think Klonopin is the bottom-of-the-barrel of benzodiazepine anti-anxiety/anti-panic medicines. This is from personal experience with it & other benzodiazepines. Klonopin, for one thing, lacks the muscle-relaxant effect that's an additonal benefit of other benzodizepines such as Valium (diazepam). But what's worse is that Klonopin caused me to lose 2 jobs. It has this strange effect of prompting me to 'speak my mind' -- a little too much! Not the case with Valium, which has a much more pleasant effect. With further research I found out that Klonopin was intially marketed for seizure disorders *only*. But, because it didn't sell well for that, the company basically pushed into the anti-anxiety market. There's much better out there.

October 26, 2013 4:49 PM

Review by J.M. Carson JR. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: im 25yrs of age and have been on prescription benzodiazepines since the age of 16, mostly for panic attacks and GAD. I started on klonopin 0.5 BID and in the last nine years you could imagine the roller coaster ride it has been. Xanax 2mg po qid. Ativan 2mg po tid. valium 10mg po tid.(all at separate times) and the valium I was on 2 years up until 2 months ago. it started to quit working. I hated the Xanax and Ativan but the valium saved my life, it was a bitter sweet ending. and 2 months in now on klonopin 1mg qam. then 2mg qhs. miracle medicine!!!! highly recommend this medication for severe to chonic GAD, panic attacks, insomnia associated with stress and I could just go on and on. cant say enough about this medicine that gave hope!

October 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Review by Jules1925:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was put on Klonopin about 8 months ago...My bp would not come down with lisipril so the Dr put me on Klons, Valium, and Lexapro to stop whatever was going on... She stopped the valium but im still on the lexapro and klons...Im prescribed 90 klons 1mg a month and 60 10mgs lexapros a month...Well those didnt work but the lexapro and klons did with my anxiety but now im on Azor 10/40 again to try to get it down...Anxiety sucks and I dont wish it on my worst enemy... Well maybe...lol

October 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Review by KTOHIO:

For Insomnia: I'm on klonopin 1mg 3x a day. Still can't sleep. I was put on Klonopin for anxiety years ago. My doctor added one pill at dinner to help sleep. Thus 1mg 3x a day. Still mind wonders and cannot sleep. I was put on Seroquel for insomnia. Worked well. Lost my insurance and job. Now back to being up all day and night. Seroquel without insurance is $15.50 a pill. Sleepless in Ohio.

October 21, 2013 7:07 PM

Review by BPoppe (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I've used it on and off for 15 years. It works fast for my anxiety. While I only use it infrequently, it has always been safe and effective.

October 13, 2013 10:08 PM

Review by jade 007 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: I have chronic insomnia, depression and anxiety. This is the only medicine that relaxes me so I can fall asleep. I take anywhere from 1-2mg about 3-4 nights a week. Works fast as I dissolve it under my tongue. No side effects in the morning. I have to be very careful when I take it in the day for my anxiety because it can make you very sleepy. This is the best medicine for insomnia.

October 9, 2013 3:04 AM

Review by TexasWoman:

For Anxiety: It works absolutely great for me, been about 4 months. I no longer have panic attacks when taking it. Unfortunately the Dr. only gives me 42- 1mg a month when dosed at 2x a day. I just noticed that one. I will run out before my visit Thursday and am taking one a day so I at least have some productive time. Supposedly it throws me happily manic and full on energy, but I'd rather be happily manic and running around cleaning things than being scared of everything, depressed and just all around unbearable to be near. Right now taking Effexor, Clonazepam, & Lithium. I am now pretty pleasant.

October 7, 2013 3:39 PM

Review by Smitty85:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Helps me have less panic attacks which helps me be less violent. No more non-stop fighting.

October 2, 2013 10:37 PM

Review by jules49:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I slept great but I became extremily sad and disconnected. I developed cold like symptoms; sore throat, congestion, dry mouth. I had to stop taking it. I was only prescribed 0.5 mg.

October 1, 2013 11:59 PM

Review by Virginia27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I struggled with anxiety and panic disorder most of my life. As a child, I was unable to eat in the cafeteria or read aloud because I hated to be watched by others. Progressively it got worse, peaking when I graduated from college and got my real job. Having tried Buspar, Effexor and Lexapro with no progress but a whole lot of weight gain, I gave up. Finally my doctor offered me 0.5 mg Klonopin prescription and it has been life changing. I have been taking it for about 8 months. My only issue is that he is still suggesting another SSRI which I'm tired of trying. Now he's suggesting Paxil which I don't want. I just want to stick with what I know works right now which is 0.5 mg Klonopin as needed.

September 29, 2013 8:26 AM

Review by sweeetdee:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I started taking Klonopin recently, and I'm mixing it with Vybriid and Lamictal. It helps so much. At night it takes the edge off. I take 0.5mg, sometimes 1mg to help me out more. I haven't had as bad of racing thoughts while I'm trying to fall asleep and I end up sleeping like a baby. The after effects is a little bit of groggyness but it's worth it. The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like smoking cigarettes after I take it. Overall, it's great and stops the mania as well as depression.

September 29, 2013 2:38 AM

Review by blairhmn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Great.

September 27, 2013 9:03 PM