User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 644 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by willingtotry:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've had anxiety for over 30 years, I'm in my 50's. I've been on Effexor and a few other antidepressants, which helped some, but sexual side effects were weird. I reluctantly started Klonopin about 6 months ago but was afraid of the addictive properties of it. So I started on a real low dose 0.125 mg, once a day. And some days I take the another 0.125 mg. totaling 0.25mg per day. I'll admit it helps a lot. It makes me feel like myself again. It doesn't stop the scary thoughts and stupid fears that I have, but I don't react as poorly to them. I'm hoping I don't have to increase my dosage, but figure I have a lot of room to go up if I do. Still wish I didn't have to take them but this winter was rough and I needed some help until the sun shines again.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by KrissieD:

For Night Terrors: I had been taking anti-anxiety medication for a very long time due to my severe anxiety and panic attack disorder I have and the last resort after trying a few others was to take klonopin 1 mg 4 times a day.. After starting taking the medication, I didn't notice any bad side effects, but then I slowly started to have nightmares and night terrors, even when I just took small cat naps! It was absolutely horrible, I couldn't stand it but I didn't think about Klonopin being the cause until after a while it stopped working for my anxiety and I went back to Xanax which started to work better for me again and all of a sudden, my night terrors have disappeared and no longer afraid to fall asleep! They've gone away ever since I stopped Klonopin.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2014 6:10 PM

Review by Nick Gehringer (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin definitely has a smoother onset and longer duration than Xanax. Some tolerance can develop on long term usage so try to keep the dose as low as possible. Great benzodiazepine, wipes out anxiety once you figure out the right dosage for you.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2014 6:16 PM

Review by 44oakrdr (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Definitely helps with anxiety and panic attacks, all side effects have subsided. I do keep mednotes on all medications I take for interactions just because I've had some scares with some medications that have interacted with each other but the pharmacist or doctors have not caught onto.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by Jpal1397:

For Anxiety: I have been taking Klonopin for generalized anxiety disorder for 18 years now. I am 52 years old and this medicine saved my quality of life. I have ranged between 2.5 and 3.5 mg for 18 years now. No side effects at all. Psychiatrist told me I could use it the rest of my life. Felt it was an older but best proven remedy for dealing with GAD on the market. No pharmaceutical kickbacks involved so not as popular as other medicines being prescribed. No pharmaceutical incentives to sell. Not addictive but could be dependency forming. Lesser of evils versus anxiety. I highly recommend it in proper circumstances.

March 12, 2014 6:28 PM

Review by sarag7977 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Started low dose of 0.25mg and it has changed my life! Only take lowest dose needed and work with a therapist because medicine doesn't do all the work..YOU have to as well.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by sag34mom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I take this for anxiety and only a low dose of 0.25mg (half of a 0.5mg) and it works wonders and I am VERY sensitive to medicines. Only take the lowest dose you need and you won't experience side effects.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2014 1:03 PM

Review by playboybuddyrose (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Works great for my anxiety but I have bad cases of diarrhea. I take 1mg twice a day, also on Seroquel 400 mg.

February 28, 2014 4:55 PM

Review by saram234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: This has saved my anxiety! Was on Buspar and it helped but wasn't strong enough...low dose of clonazepam 0.25mg once a day is all I need.

February 28, 2014 8:07 AM

Review by TaraBolduc:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: You can take it during any anxiety issue within 20mins I noticed the difference it made. In seven yrs I've been able to do so much more. I would call it the miracle pill.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 12:41 PM

Review by big Jimmy long:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Takes away anxiety fast.

February 20, 2014 12:24 AM

Review by K64 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I was prescribed this for anxiety and to help me sleep at night. Within an hour of taking the medicine I had horrible restless legs syndrome and after the first few days bad insomnia too, in addition to upper respiratory congestion. I am seeing my doctor later this week to see about changing medication.

February 18, 2014 5:44 AM

Review by Outshineyourself (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I'm 25, female, full-time student and full-time worker, living in NYC. I've been fighting insomnia triggered by anxiety my entire life, but it was never an issue until I reached my mid-twenties. When I lay down, I get a series of panic attacks that can keep me awake the entire night. Lately, I've been going three days on ~5 hours of total sleep. I quit my job and my focus for school was diminished. I became scared and a total mess. I need proper sleep to be able to function the next day. I was recently prescribed Clonazepam through my psychiatrist and it is, seriously, a blessing from the universe. I take .5 mg when I start feeling sleepy and, within an hour, I'm in dreamland. I don't have to fight for sleep or get anxious about sleeping.

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by NICL (taken for 10 years or more):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have both restless legs syndrome and insomnia. I have taken Clonazepam for 10 years. Started at 0.5mg, 1mg then 2mg. Decided to stop all medication a year ago and I have not slept worth a darn as well, as my restless legs syndrome has been horrible. Finally broke down last night and took a Clonazepam. Had no RLS and I did sleep, waking up only a few times. I was a little groggy this morning but certainly can deal with that. In past years I have tried many other medications with horrible results. Clonazepam has been a very positive experience for me.

February 11, 2014 9:22 PM

Review by Paloma8 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Migraine Prevention: I have taken clonazepam for years to sleep and to control anxiety/panic over my child's chronic illness. When my son had a medical crisis and was hospitalized recently, I had my first 2 migraines within 12 hrs of each other. I became so anxious of having another it was non-stop anxiety. My psych said to use the clonazepam for the anxiety and another 0.5mg tablet if I felt the eyestrain/nausea of another migraine coming on. Two times I have taken 2 Advil (200mg) and 0.5mg tablet of Clonazepam when I felt eyestrain/nausea/light headedness - but I have not had another migraine. Whether the increased dose is helping abort the migraine or just calm my anxiety over having one, the relief is good in either case.

February 4, 2014 6:11 PM

Review by IamNOTgoingCRAZY90 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I suffer from Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and some Social Anxiety. I have severe panic attacks and they come on out of no where with no warning. Ill get the derealization in my head and wont know whats going on or feel out of body, dizzy, heart will race, extreme feeling of dying. It will actually physically make me sick. My dr. put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tab 5 times daily when I was 19 and its a wonder drug. I'm 23 now and I'm not panic free completely but when I feel it coming I take a tablet and the fear is all gone in 20 minutes. I'm 23 now and if you take it properly it will help you greatly. Anxiety runs in my family and its a terrible thing. My life is normal thanks to Klonopin.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 5:59 AM

Review by zook:

For Anxiety: I have bad anxiety, panic attacks since 18yrs old. 45 now. I give it a 10. I take 3mg to 6mg a day. Nothing else works with my other medicines. Some days I don't take any, no problems with it. Not a vegetable eater, I'm an avid outdoorsman but every medicine is different for every person.

February 2, 2014 12:23 AM

Review by BiPolar Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Since I was 13 years old. Anxiety has been a severely debilitating issue in my life. It's destroyed most of the relationships in my life and stopped me from maturing as a person in terms of moving up in the job field. A lot of people would consider me weird, because of becoming Very reclusive due to my anxiety disorder. When I am on Klonopin... IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I have a lot of energy, motivation and I'm anxiety free. The most I've taken consecutively was 2mg for about 2 weeks and after stopping for about 2-3 days after that I'd never feel any withdrawal effects. This is usually the cycle I use. The quality of my life is drastically better on Benzodiazapine medication.

January 30, 2014 1:58 PM

Review by kajunkutie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: My neuro started me on .5 mg clonazepam June 2013 to help me with extreme insomnia. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis Jan. 1995. My neuro in Sept. 2013 moved his office almost 3 hours away and no longer treats M.S. I am having a hard time finding a new neuro in my area that does not have a several mo. waiting list (north Louisiana & Arkansas border).I ran out of this medication a month ago; obvious with-drawl symptoms have not been 'enjoyable': severe insomnia, nausea, extreme weakness; to me it felt like it was causing my M.S. to get worse. Today is the 1st day in 4 weeks I feel semi aka 50% back to my normal. Cold turkey off soma in 2012 was as bad as this drug.

January 19, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by Greenbriar:

For Insomnia: I have PTSD and have a lot of difficulty with falling asleep, staying asleep. One symptom is not reaching a deep sleep past REM, and having nightmares through-out the night, continually waking, panicked. I was prescribed a sleep med that made me some what relaxed, or I maybe only slept for four hours, and still having nightmares. This went on for months. I was prescribed Clonazepam and it has been a God-send. Not being able to sleep normally had a terrible affect on my daily life. I take it a few hours before bedtime, and when ready I lay down and sleep soundly, waking the next morning feeling relaxed, rejuvenated. I am able to return to a normal activities without the fatigue.

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2014 10:57 AM

Review by bil123:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've had GAD for 30 years. The last 5 years it's gotten worse, my normal techniques weren't working anymore and I needed help. I take the smallest amount of Klonopin 0.25 mg once per day and it level's things out.

January 13, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by Mike from nz:

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Works great for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder for me. Can intensify if I stop talking it though.....which is a slight worry, as I would prefer not to take it for the rest of my life if I can help it. I do feel a little groggy sometimes, but the benefits are far greater for me. At my worst I was hitting myself and my partner in my sleep without any control at all and would waken me 9 times out of 10. So I was having very poor sleep, so was my wife. So I can live with a bit of tiredness over feeling like a zombie.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by Feelmuchbetter55:

For Panic Disorder: One thing I learned while taking 0.5mg of clonazepam as a sleep aid, it did help my panic attacks that I had for about 7 years. Side effects weren't bad at all. But one thing you might want to try if you take this medicine for panic attacks. I was told during this time that I was now a diabetic. For six months I did away with 98% of my normal sugar intake, and along with the clonazepam, it did wonders for my panic attacks. Sugar acts as brain fuel and to much of it puts the brain in overdrive (it doesn't take much) which puts you on edge for panic attacks. I recommend cutting out at least 50% of your sugar intake. Your notice a big difference. I also lost a huge amount of weight. Cost nothing to try. It worked for me. P.S., no sodas or Juices.

December 31, 2013 8:19 PM

Review by Haloflower:

For Anxiety: One month my doctor gave me 90 pills instead of 120 and I didn't bother to read the label, and he didn't tell me either. So, for the last week before my next apt I was going through severe withdrawals. I could not sleep at all. My pulse was over 100 (Usually 60). My blood pressure was high too. I've been taking these for over 1 year now, so I don't know why he went to 90 instead of 120. I have VERY high anxiety, and it was not cutting it for me not being on it for a week. When I went back on it, I was just fine. I would for sure give this a 9.9 rating. Best medicine for anxiety I have ever taken!

December 30, 2013 11:57 AM

Review by BobB. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Insomnia: After four spinal fusions, I have chronic pain and chronic spasms. I've tried almost everything out there My doctor suggested 0.5mg of Clonazepam twice a day for spasm and sleep. It's worked wonders. Being able to get rest, makes everything else tolerable.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2013 10:01 PM