User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 596 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by emotional-problems:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've suffered with depression, anxiety and panic along with various health problems. I have tried just about most medicines that claim to help with these problems. Nothing, until I tried Klonopin and it just changed so much about me. Although I will say in the beginning I felt very cheery and super friendly. Though that particular feeling has decreased it still controls my anxiety. And no side effects, only thing is that it doesn't help with sleep so I take a Seroquel instead at night.It also helps keep me calm when worrying over my bad health conditions. Found deep belly breathing can help while in the midst of a panic. I plan on staying on it. Take care.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2013 10:29 AM

Review by BioGuy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: Best medication I've tried to combat panic/anxiety attacks. Prescribed 1mg twice daily as needed and it's been a God send. I'm a relatively "big" guy, not overweight but tall and broad. It's been wonderful so far and have a very compassionate physician who listens and has me in his best interest. Yes, during the down times, it can make you a bit sleepy/drowsy but haven't had a single panic/anxiety attack since beginning the medicine. It's given my life back and that's priceless. I can now function at my optimal capacity. I hate to rely on pharmaceutical solutions but this one has changed my life for the ultimate best.

August 12, 2013 12:57 PM

Review by S3E3 (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I have post traumatic stress disorder and PCs. My psychiatrist switched me from Ativan to clonazepam a few weeks ago. It is powerful and effective. I am prescribed 0.5mg 3X daily (and 200mg of sertraline). It lasts a LONG time and can take up to 4 hours to peak, so if you take 0.5mg, wait a half hour, (decide its not working) and take another half. I now take a quarter of a pill (0.25mg) at a time and give it at LEAST 2 hours to kick in (because I like being able to leave the house once in a while).

August 7, 2013 8:34 PM

Review by CPep (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin has been instrumental in getting my anxiety disorder under control. I take 0.25 milligrams three times a day...taking 0.5mg at once is too much and causes me to be a space cadet. It doesn't work as well on my rare panic attacks, but I have found other ways to cope with breathing exercises and such. Without it I was nearly non-functioning and about to slip into a deep depression. It has leveled my mood swings and just made life much more bearable (even joyful!). I would much rather have dependency on this medicine and be happy than feel that I am constantly in crisis (and occasionally suicidal).

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 9:36 PM

Review by heidibsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I take 0.5 mg twice daily - actually Xanax worked slightly better, but my doctor believes Klonopon has less risk of addiction, so he prescribed it for long term use, which I need to treat panic disorder. My panic disorder emerged as a young child and then went into remission from my twenties through my early forties, only to crop up again a few months ago. I take 100 mg of Zoloft for depression and the Klonopin for the panic and I have my life back. I do get a little tired each day, but my range of emotions are normal, not desperate, hopeless and fraught with terror of panic. These medicines area a God send and I thank God daily for them.

August 4, 2013 11:11 PM

Review by What a Relief!! (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Have had increasingly severe restless legs syndrome for 45 years. Finally started using Requip about 12 years ago, and got relief from RLS at night, but had to be doing something physical or at least on my feet all day to keep it under control. Got up to 3mg at bedtime, but that was causing horrible nasal decongestion every morning. My doc suggested clonazepam, and the effect was absolutely amazing! Wonderful, solid sleep every night. But, even better, the RLS disappeared during the day, as well. Daytime movies, meetings, and travel all now possible for the first time in decades! Need only 0.2 mg each evening, and no adverse side effects or tolerance increase after more than a year. This truly changed my life.

August 1, 2013 6:40 PM

Review by lisellle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Makes me calm. Amazing. Feel kind of woozy. Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Restless legs syndrome was my first symptom. Would like to stay on this.

July 31, 2013 12:30 AM

Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for : This med is usually prescribed for anxiety but I'm taking it for post-surgical nerve pain. It is truly a miracle. I take a tiny dose of 0.25mg and it lasts for 14-18 hours! The only downside to it is that it can cause dependency & you eventually get used to it and have to increase the dosage. For that reason alone I don't take it every day although I'd love to.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2013 5:59 PM

Review by 2froggy:

For Anxiety: I have no anxiety on this medication. It last longer therefore I don't get panic attacks anymore.

July 29, 2013 10:35 PM

Review by donaldeasterling (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Completely changed my life for the better. I've had panic attacks for as long as I can remember, literally. I should have been diagnosed at a young age and who knows how things would have turned out, BUT it does help tremendously. I get that doctors are hesitant to prescribe it because it is scheduled and realistically you will be on benzocdiazepines forever if you have serious panic problems like I do, and I know many of you know how debilitating this disease is. But what is better; intractable panic all day with your teeth being ground down and your BP 200/120, or being on a relatively harmless controlled substance that can give you a life? Not a hard choice to me!

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2013 12:41 AM

Review by Richard, CPA, MBA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Not sure if this qualifies as an anxiety attack, but not sure what else to call it. I'm 60 years old and have never suffered from anxiety or depression in the past. I'm active, lift weights, and train (a lot) to race competitively on bicycles. Almost every morning, driving to work (I'm a CFO), when I get about 20 to 15 minutes away, I break out in an uncontrollable sweat. I'll turn the AC on to 60 degrees turn all the vents on me. Still, by the time I get to work, my clothes are soaked! Doc said it seems reasonable to consider this an anxiety attack, regarding my work situation (it can be stressful). The sweating happens with incredible regularity. Klonopin made this go away.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2013 11:22 AM

Review by Jules1010 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have very high anxiety which makes my blood pressure go sky high and my pulse rate stay in the 120's. My Dr prescribed Klonopin and Valium at the same time to try to bring down my blood pressure and pulse rate. My breathing was bad and I hated being in the small waiting room. My biggest fear is driving but since she has put me on 1mg 4 times a day I feel amazing. I sometimes still don't want to leave the house though.

July 15, 2013 3:57 PM

Review by Warchief (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: This is the only medication that has ever taken away my anxiety completely. I was on it for 5 months and decided to try and quit the medication and it was the worst experience of my life. I now feel like I can't function anymore. My performance at work is slipping and I feel like I am losing my grip with my general anxiety disorder. I have tried Celexa, Zoloft, Lexapro and Remeron with no luck. This medication was a Godsend and when I was taking it I was only taking 0.5mg 1x a day. I did not feel like increasing the dose nor did I feel like I was addicted to it. I did not have a bad withdrawal coming off of it either, other than my anxiety has returned to the same levels it was prior to the medication. This medicine was a miracle for me.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2013 10:18 PM

Review by 29yr old man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have generalized anxiety disorder. Before I was prescribed Klonopin I was at the verge of losing my job, house, even my family. I couldn't stop worrying, stressing and overwhelming myself. I had no energy to even play with my kids. Once I started taking this medicine it brought me back to living and enjoying life, family, even performing better at work. I really recommend this medicine if you have generalized anxiety disorder, it works like a miracle.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2013 7:12 AM

Review by Bashha (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Amazing, works well for panic attacks, etc.

July 4, 2013 10:24 PM

Review by KINGSTER:

For Anxiety: This benzodiazepine is the best one out there. Forget Xanax, Ativan, Valium, and all the others that are used for anxiety and other disorders.

July 2, 2013 9:35 PM

Review by ash33112790:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar at 12. Been on probably every medicine out there. At 20 got pregnant with my baby girl, after having her at 21 had crazy panic attacks and anxiety never in my life have I had that. I started on 2mg of Xanax 3x a day felt so doped. Went to Klonopins and they have even stopped my bipolar meds CRAZY! IT WORKS WONDERS, BEEN ON FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS.

June 24, 2013 8:42 AM

Review by healycat (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Lifesaver, have panic attacks due to congenital heart defect. They label it chronic life long health condition always feeling panic that something drastic was going to happen. Klonopin gave me back my life. Take 0.5mg in the morning and 2 mg at night. Wonderful. Hope this helps. I've tried it all.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 12:00 AM

Review by LOARA71 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Saved my life. I had panic attacks and didn't know it. I lived in CA where I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist. My anxiety and panic attacks also raise my blood pressure somewhat high. Unfortunately, I moved to WA and I had difficulty finding a doctor who would continue my medical dosage of it at all. I just found a doctor now who will prescribe it.

June 12, 2013 3:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I have been on this medication for eight years except when I was pregnant. I have agoraphobia, and panic attacks. Without this medication I wouldn't be able to raise my children or enjoy my marriage because I would have daily panic attacks and would never leave the house. I leave the house more. But now I have different insurance and my new doctor doesn't want me to take it so I am now looking for a different doctor!

June 10, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by Alan45:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Excellent for dealing with stress/ anxiety disorder if taken in proper doage (ie dosage prescribed)

June 9, 2013 12:43 AM

Review by Millenium:

For Insomnia: Thank you everyone for your helpful comments. I've been suffering from insomnia since I was practically born and it gotten worse about 3 months ago down to a depression. So I've been introduced to the best sleeping medication ever and for the first time in my life I'm actually sleeping like a baby. I'm taking half of 0.5mg a night and I'm no longer this grumpiest girl in the morning that I've always been!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2013 7:02 PM

Review by Doz (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have taken 1 mg oral tablets of Clonazepam for several years. There are days I do not take it because it can create logginess. My wife was going to have to move to another room due to my every few seconds of leg movement while sleeping. This medication has completely eliminated the restless leg kicking. The side effects are the feeling of logginess with difficulty getting up in the morning.

June 4, 2013 2:19 PM

Review by Christopher L:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: This has single handedly eradicated my free floating anxiety/stress issues. I have experienced occasional fatigue/sleepiness as the sole side effect. I'm able to function without worry and anxiety about anything. I was weery about trying it but it has been a God send. I have not taken it for any other purposes other than to rid unwanted anxiety and would recommend to anyone suffering with anxiety issues.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2013 6:07 PM

Review by Carmel 58:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Took this medicine for 12 years, then stopped for 2 years. Those 2 years off it I had a hard time with panic, sleep and anxiety. It has improved my life. And, you can take it long term with no side effects. I take 2 to 3 1mg tablets daily. Some people need help with daily living. Mental helps the physical!

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2013 10:58 PM