User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 627 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by Andy (19 years old) (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Anxiety disorder runs in my family, and Klonopin has done us wonders. I suffered a severe car accident 10/2012. Quit my job, quit fall-term, and became paralyzed from Anxiety. Initial dose was 0.5mg 2X a day. I discovered, LESS IS MORE. Now I only take 0.5 mg 2X a day, and it helps me be Andy. Klonopin is addictive. 20mg is max dose for epilepsy. 4mg/ day max for anxiety. 1mg/day in studies is shown to be most effective for anxiety. Take it as prescribed. DON'T, TAKE MORE. If you don't have epilepsy. BELIEVE ME! Benzodiazepines should be used with caution.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2013 8:06 AM

Review by ExperienceSpeaking (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I think Klonopin is the bottom-of-the-barrel of benzodiazepine anti-anxiety/anti-panic medicines. This is from personal experience with it & other benzodiazepines. Klonopin, for one thing, lacks the muscle-relaxant effect that's an additonal benefit of other benzodizepines such as Valium (diazepam). But what's worse is that Klonopin caused me to lose 2 jobs. It has this strange effect of prompting me to 'speak my mind' -- a little too much! Not the case with Valium, which has a much more pleasant effect. With further research I found out that Klonopin was intially marketed for seizure disorders *only*. But, because it didn't sell well for that, the company basically pushed into the anti-anxiety market. There's much better out there.

October 26, 2013 4:49 PM

Review by J.M. Carson JR. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: im 25yrs of age and have been on prescription benzodiazepines since the age of 16, mostly for panic attacks and GAD. I started on klonopin 0.5 BID and in the last nine years you could imagine the roller coaster ride it has been. Xanax 2mg po qid. Ativan 2mg po tid. valium 10mg po tid.(all at separate times) and the valium I was on 2 years up until 2 months ago. it started to quit working. I hated the Xanax and Ativan but the valium saved my life, it was a bitter sweet ending. and 2 months in now on klonopin 1mg qam. then 2mg qhs. miracle medicine!!!! highly recommend this medication for severe to chonic GAD, panic attacks, insomnia associated with stress and I could just go on and on. cant say enough about this medicine that gave hope!

October 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Review by Jules1925:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was put on Klonopin about 8 months ago...My bp would not come down with lisipril so the Dr put me on Klons, Valium, and Lexapro to stop whatever was going on... She stopped the valium but im still on the lexapro and klons...Im prescribed 90 klons 1mg a month and 60 10mgs lexapros a month...Well those didnt work but the lexapro and klons did with my anxiety but now im on Azor 10/40 again to try to get it down...Anxiety sucks and I dont wish it on my worst enemy... Well maybe...lol

October 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Review by KTOHIO:

For Insomnia: I'm on klonopin 1mg 3x a day. Still can't sleep. I was put on Klonopin for anxiety years ago. My doctor added one pill at dinner to help sleep. Thus 1mg 3x a day. Still mind wonders and cannot sleep. I was put on Seroquel for insomnia. Worked well. Lost my insurance and job. Now back to being up all day and night. Seroquel without insurance is $15.50 a pill. Sleepless in Ohio.

October 21, 2013 7:07 PM

Review by BPoppe (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I've used it on and off for 15 years. It works fast for my anxiety. While I only use it infrequently, it has always been safe and effective.

October 13, 2013 10:08 PM

Review by jade 007 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: I have chronic insomnia, depression and anxiety. This is the only medicine that relaxes me so I can fall asleep. I take anywhere from 1-2mg about 3-4 nights a week. Works fast as I dissolve it under my tongue. No side effects in the morning. I have to be very careful when I take it in the day for my anxiety because it can make you very sleepy. This is the best medicine for insomnia.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2013 3:04 AM

Review by TexasWoman:

For Anxiety: It works absolutely great for me, been about 4 months. I no longer have panic attacks when taking it. Unfortunately the Dr. only gives me 42- 1mg a month when dosed at 2x a day. I just noticed that one. I will run out before my visit Thursday and am taking one a day so I at least have some productive time. Supposedly it throws me happily manic and full on energy, but I'd rather be happily manic and running around cleaning things than being scared of everything, depressed and just all around unbearable to be near. Right now taking Effexor, Clonazepam, & Lithium. I am now pretty pleasant.

October 7, 2013 3:39 PM

Review by Smitty85:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Helps me have less panic attacks which helps me be less violent. No more non-stop fighting.

October 2, 2013 10:37 PM

Review by jules49:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I slept great but I became extremily sad and disconnected. I developed cold like symptoms; sore throat, congestion, dry mouth. I had to stop taking it. I was only prescribed 0.5 mg.

October 1, 2013 11:59 PM

Review by Virginia27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I struggled with anxiety and panic disorder most of my life. As a child, I was unable to eat in the cafeteria or read aloud because I hated to be watched by others. Progressively it got worse, peaking when I graduated from college and got my real job. Having tried Buspar, Effexor and Lexapro with no progress but a whole lot of weight gain, I gave up. Finally my doctor offered me 0.5 mg Klonopin prescription and it has been life changing. I have been taking it for about 8 months. My only issue is that he is still suggesting another SSRI which I'm tired of trying. Now he's suggesting Paxil which I don't want. I just want to stick with what I know works right now which is 0.5 mg Klonopin as needed.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2013 8:26 AM

Review by sweeetdee:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I started taking Klonopin recently, and I'm mixing it with Vybriid and Lamictal. It helps so much. At night it takes the edge off. I take 0.5mg, sometimes 1mg to help me out more. I haven't had as bad of racing thoughts while I'm trying to fall asleep and I end up sleeping like a baby. The after effects is a little bit of groggyness but it's worth it. The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like smoking cigarettes after I take it. Overall, it's great and stops the mania as well as depression.

September 29, 2013 2:38 AM

Review by blairhmn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Great.

September 27, 2013 9:03 PM

Review by Strong mind (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Started with 0.5mg twice a day, but only took it in the morning. Built up a tolerance and am now on 1mg every morning. Anxiety is back and doc wants me to take 1.5mg to 2mg every morning. Try to take an extra dose only when panic is close. Afraid to keep increasing this medicine because I want it to work when I really need it.

September 25, 2013 3:23 PM

Review by Claytz86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I took this for social anxiety disorder. During my time on clonazepam, I felt like I could go out and do things and enjoy things to a higher degree, and not feel afraid that others might judge or criticize me. Overall, I felt calmer as a person. Sadly, it is expensive and I am not on it anymore and the severe anxiety has come back.

September 25, 2013 11:42 AM

Review by Joseph90210:

For Panic Disorder: Excellent medication. It saved my life. I am a normal person again. The key to panic disorder is to find the adequate treatment for the severity of your condition. I took almost 5 years to find the adequate doctor and treatment, but I think that time and proper medications have cured this terrible disease.

September 23, 2013 6:16 AM

Review by mariatechnic:

For Anxiety: I suffer from a nagging sense of anxiety that shadows my every waking minute. This medicine has enabled me to live a normal life.

September 22, 2013 3:44 PM

Review by singingmeadow (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: I have taken Klonopin for at least 20 years now and it is the only medication that prevents absences and myocloptic seizures. Sometimes I have breakthroughs but not often. I vary in my doses from 1 mg a day to 3 mg at times due to needing a little more or less. Since I have been on it for so long I am able to do this. I take it at nighttime because I cannot function during the day if I take it in the morning. I think I have been on every seizure medicine there is and have had nightmare stories concerning them but Klonopin works the best for me. I believe every person is different and what works for one may not work for another. I do have to put up with occasional side effects like bouts of insomnia and breakthrough optical migraines.

September 19, 2013 1:28 PM

Review by sleepless no more (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Night Terrors: I have suffered from insomnia and night terrors as long as I can remember. I took Zopiclone, over the counter medications for sleep that were helpful for the insomnia but not the night terrors. I was diagnosed with REM sleep disorder by a psychiatrist who prescribed Clonazepam. I started with 1mg at night, but found it was too much and had problems waking up. I vary now between 0.5mg and 0.75mg depending on my anxiety level going to bed. I cannot say what a difference it has made. My sleep terrors are all but gone (I still have them on occasion, but not every night), and I wake up feeling more alert than on the other medicines. It has been the most helpful for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2013 2:58 AM

For Insomnia: Recently, I'd experienced insomnia for 4 weeks. It'd made me literally nonfunctional at work and very easily irritable. My doctor prescribed 0.5 mg clonazepam per night. I have been taking it for 5 days now and it is doing miracles. My only concern is it's being habit-forming. I am not sure how long I should continue taking it. Regardless, I am very satisfied with it so far.

September 15, 2013 2:01 AM

Review by Junebug25:

For Anxiety: I have been battling chronic neck and shoulder blade pain now for two years. Severe anxiety started as well with panic attack and adrenaline rushes along with tingling hands and feet constantly. Battling depression and insomnia too. Took citalopram, Effexor, Buspar, Valium and they were not much help with my anxiety and insomnia. Started taking Klonopin 2 mg at bedtime five months ago for insomnia and it has helped me so much. I know this medication can be addicting but doctor is tapering me slowly and now am down to 1 mg at bedtime. This has been the best medication ever. I would definitely recommend anybody suffering from anxiety or insomnia to try Klonopin.

September 13, 2013 8:17 PM

Review by maggenpie:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have been on Klonopin for 20 years. I've only had to up the dosage once, from 0.5mg to 1 mg per day. Before I took it I started having uncontrollable panic attacks, loss of appetite, lack of concentration. Klonopin worked instantly. I went from no appetite, to being able to eat normally again. There has only been one short period in my life during those 20 years, when my circumstances were so overwhelming that the panic attacks re-occurred, and I would sometimes take an extra dose. This medicine has been a life saver for me. In all those years I have only lost 2 days of work because of anxiety related illness. I thank the doctor who put me on this and who keeps monitoring me to see that I am OK.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by Diesel7758:

For Panic Disorder: Clonazepam makes it so I can leave the house in the morning. I always used to get bad panic attacks, shivering, throwing up, sweating, etc. But now I'm on 1 mg clonazepam twice a day and I'm much better.

September 7, 2013 12:14 AM

Review by superfast:

For Sleep Paralysis: Nausea, night tremors.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2013 5:33 PM

Review by OCD and anxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I had a health issue that printed severe anxiety 2 plus years ago. I tried a couple of SSRI's. They made me feel worse. This is the ONLY medication that helps me to feel normal. Also battled insomnia for 15 years and took nothing for it. Now with Klonopin I sleep. I also have a fear of medication /building up tolerance but physical impact of stress I have been told is worse for my mind and body. The life saving plus no side effect profile of this medicine is amazing. I just hope I can continue to take it long term because without it I would be in far worse shape. Thank you for all the rave reviews nice to know I am not alone in my love for this medicine. And this is from a medication averse, workout everyday, eat right person.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2013 2:28 PM