User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 589 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for : This med is usually prescribed for anxiety but I'm taking it for post-surgical nerve pain. It is truly a miracle. I take a tiny dose of 0.25mg and it lasts for 14-18 hours! The only downside to it is that it can cause dependency & you eventually get used to it and have to increase the dosage. For that reason alone I don't take it every day although I'd love to.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2013 5:59 PM

Review by 2froggy:

For Anxiety: I have no anxiety on this medication. It last longer therefore I don't get panic attacks anymore.

July 29, 2013 10:35 PM

Review by donaldeasterling (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Completely changed my life for the better. I've had panic attacks for as long as I can remember, literally. I should have been diagnosed at a young age and who knows how things would have turned out, BUT it does help tremendously. I get that doctors are hesitant to prescribe it because it is scheduled and realistically you will be on benzocdiazepines forever if you have serious panic problems like I do, and I know many of you know how debilitating this disease is. But what is better; intractable panic all day with your teeth being ground down and your BP 200/120, or being on a relatively harmless controlled substance that can give you a life? Not a hard choice to me!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2013 12:41 AM

Review by Richard, CPA, MBA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Not sure if this qualifies as an anxiety attack, but not sure what else to call it. I'm 60 years old and have never suffered from anxiety or depression in the past. I'm active, lift weights, and train (a lot) to race competitively on bicycles. Almost every morning, driving to work (I'm a CFO), when I get about 20 to 15 minutes away, I break out in an uncontrollable sweat. I'll turn the AC on to 60 degrees turn all the vents on me. Still, by the time I get to work, my clothes are soaked! Doc said it seems reasonable to consider this an anxiety attack, regarding my work situation (it can be stressful). The sweating happens with incredible regularity. Klonopin made this go away.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2013 11:22 AM

Review by Jules1010 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have very high anxiety which makes my blood pressure go sky high and my pulse rate stay in the 120's. My Dr prescribed Klonopin and Valium at the same time to try to bring down my blood pressure and pulse rate. My breathing was bad and I hated being in the small waiting room. My biggest fear is driving but since she has put me on 1mg 4 times a day I feel amazing. I sometimes still don't want to leave the house though.

July 15, 2013 3:57 PM

Review by Warchief (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: This is the only medication that has ever taken away my anxiety completely. I was on it for 5 months and decided to try and quit the medication and it was the worst experience of my life. I now feel like I can't function anymore. My performance at work is slipping and I feel like I am losing my grip with my general anxiety disorder. I have tried Celexa, Zoloft, Lexapro and Remeron with no luck. This medication was a Godsend and when I was taking it I was only taking 0.5mg 1x a day. I did not feel like increasing the dose nor did I feel like I was addicted to it. I did not have a bad withdrawal coming off of it either, other than my anxiety has returned to the same levels it was prior to the medication. This medicine was a miracle for me.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2013 10:18 PM

Review by 29yr old man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have generalized anxiety disorder. Before I was prescribed Klonopin I was at the verge of losing my job, house, even my family. I couldn't stop worrying, stressing and overwhelming myself. I had no energy to even play with my kids. Once I started taking this medicine it brought me back to living and enjoying life, family, even performing better at work. I really recommend this medicine if you have generalized anxiety disorder, it works like a miracle.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2013 7:12 AM

Review by Bashha (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Amazing, works well for panic attacks, etc.

July 4, 2013 10:24 PM

Review by KINGSTER:

For Anxiety: This benzodiazepine is the best one out there. Forget Xanax, Ativan, Valium, and all the others that are used for anxiety and other disorders.

July 2, 2013 9:35 PM

Review by ash33112790:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar at 12. Been on probably every medicine out there. At 20 got pregnant with my baby girl, after having her at 21 had crazy panic attacks and anxiety never in my life have I had that. I started on 2mg of Xanax 3x a day felt so doped. Went to Klonopins and they have even stopped my bipolar meds CRAZY! IT WORKS WONDERS, BEEN ON FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS.

June 24, 2013 8:42 AM

Review by healycat (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Lifesaver, have panic attacks due to congenital heart defect. They label it chronic life long health condition always feeling panic that something drastic was going to happen. Klonopin gave me back my life. Take 0.5mg in the morning and 2 mg at night. Wonderful. Hope this helps. I've tried it all.

June 24, 2013 12:00 AM

Review by LOARA71 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Saved my life. I had panic attacks and didn't know it. I lived in CA where I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist. My anxiety and panic attacks also raise my blood pressure somewhat high. Unfortunately, I moved to WA and I had difficulty finding a doctor who would continue my medical dosage of it at all. I just found a doctor now who will prescribe it.

June 12, 2013 3:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I have been on this medication for eight years except when I was pregnant. I have agoraphobia, and panic attacks. Without this medication I wouldn't be able to raise my children or enjoy my marriage because I would have daily panic attacks and would never leave the house. I leave the house more. But now I have different insurance and my new doctor doesn't want me to take it so I am now looking for a different doctor!

June 10, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by Alan45:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Excellent for dealing with stress/ anxiety disorder if taken in proper doage (ie dosage prescribed)

June 9, 2013 12:43 AM

Review by Millenium:

For Insomnia: Thank you everyone for your helpful comments. I've been suffering from insomnia since I was practically born and it gotten worse about 3 months ago down to a depression. So I've been introduced to the best sleeping medication ever and for the first time in my life I'm actually sleeping like a baby. I'm taking half of 0.5mg a night and I'm no longer this grumpiest girl in the morning that I've always been!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2013 7:02 PM

Review by Doz (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have taken 1 mg oral tablets of Clonazepam for several years. There are days I do not take it because it can create logginess. My wife was going to have to move to another room due to my every few seconds of leg movement while sleeping. This medication has completely eliminated the restless leg kicking. The side effects are the feeling of logginess with difficulty getting up in the morning.

June 4, 2013 2:19 PM

Review by Christopher L:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: This has single handedly eradicated my free floating anxiety/stress issues. I have experienced occasional fatigue/sleepiness as the sole side effect. I'm able to function without worry and anxiety about anything. I was weery about trying it but it has been a God send. I have not taken it for any other purposes other than to rid unwanted anxiety and would recommend to anyone suffering with anxiety issues.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2013 6:07 PM

Review by Carmel 58:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Took this medicine for 12 years, then stopped for 2 years. Those 2 years off it I had a hard time with panic, sleep and anxiety. It has improved my life. And, you can take it long term with no side effects. I take 2 to 3 1mg tablets daily. Some people need help with daily living. Mental helps the physical!

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2013 10:58 PM

Review by Animal46 (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: 46 years old and suffered from untreated anxiety since I was 12. Last December had my first panic attack and everything went to hell after that. Doc put me on 0.05 mg Klonopin 1 x a day which I split up and take one half in the morning and half before bed. Also take 10 mg Celexa as well, which seems to work well together with the Klonopin. Needless to say the last week since I've started these I've been better, more motivated and not so anxious, not to mention sleeping all the way through the night. People say don't take Klonopin daily or watch out for withdrawal from long term use? Why stop using it if it has been working for years? Think about what your life was like before using it..cannot have been pleasant. It helps some people live better.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2013 11:07 AM

Review by jen62:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was switched from Xanax to Klonopin for anxiety by my doc because the Xanax was just making me feel ill and nauseated. The Klonopin is doing the same thing. I feel even more lethargic, weak, nauseated and tired during the day. The initial prescription is .25 per nite before bed. Since I wake up with the anxiety each morning, my doc agreed I could take it in the morning. On Mother's Day I had to take 2 pills and still didn't calm me down...for no reason! I had a great day planned and still had anxiety. I think after all these rave reviews I'll try it before bed again and see what happens in the morning. I just want to feel GOOD again!

May 20, 2013 9:39 PM

Review by jdswanberg (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: After decades of debilitating anxiety, a psychiatrist put me on Klonopin. I have now been on this medication for about 15 years, and my anxiety rarely affects me anymore. Unlike other anxiety meds, I have not had to increase my dosage, and have absolutely no side effects. This medicine has been a life saver for me.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2013 8:55 PM

Review by julopez1220:

For Insomnia: This medication has truly saved my life...THE BEST AROUND....HANDS DOWN!!!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2013 5:40 PM

Review by Mike021:

For Insomnia: I have suffered from insomnia most of my adult life. Like many here, I was prescribed clonazepam 1-2 mg. at night. I have never increased the dose after years of use. In fact, my doctor recommended that I go down by .5 m.g. as often I felt comfortable to do so in order to reduce the chances of becoming tolerant to the medicine. Works like a charm after many years of use. I wish there was something else, but this has become the best for my insomnia. I tried many other things.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by Rowzie46:

For Anxiety: Helps me greatly With Anxiety and Sleep. Gives Me Blurry Vision at Times.

May 13, 2013 12:24 AM

Review by Newt6398:

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: Only thing that stopped me from having seizures

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate