User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 6)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 42 medications

7.2
Sleep Paralysis 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 917 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Definitely helps me. I deal with a lot of social anxiety. So anytime me and my wife plan on going out or doing a lot of shopping etc., I'll take 0.5 mg and take an extra one with me just in case. I just take it as needed, and I usually feel the effects within half an hour. I don't experience the sleepy side effects. But it definitely calms me down. So if I'm feeling anxious before bed, I'll take one and it helps me sleep, because it calms me. I don't take it often, 90 pills lasted me a whole year. I would recommend this drug if you need some help from time to time with anxiety. I don't have experience with taking it on a daily basis."

CJammer October 13, 2015

For Seizure Prevention: "best anti-epileptic around - no side effects unlike most of the other antiepileptic pills around which have really bad side effects --------- keeps the seizures right down and helps you feel OK and confident"

melbournerpg (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "Excellent for anxiety, keeps you calm,better than diazepam or xanax, or oxazepam, taken 4mg in the morning, helps me sleep at night. Been on it for about 5 years now. Tried all those horrible SSRIs which make you really sick. Stops feelings of anger, also really helps your self esteem."

melbournerpg (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Initial relief. Grew tolerant of the drug within 2 weeks. Went from 1 mg as needed and was legitimately prescribed 5 mg as needed. Would end up taking 5-6 mg. The inner dose withdrawal was horrible and led to suicidal thoughts because the pain was so bad. The inner dose withdrawal could have been 2 hours after taking a pill. Was feeling my mental capacity fizzle away after a year of use and decided to get off it. Which led to 5 monhts of weening and 16 more months (and counting) of severe horrific withdrawal state. Every symptom imaginable. You feel like you're a dead zombie. Still struggling to finish sentences and talk 16 months out. Do not recommend to anyone. Find other solutions, please. Most doctors are clueless of the hell."

Benzo hell October 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I do like this medicine because it helps me to control my nervousness and instant reactions to stimuli much better than without it. I almost can pretend I'm normal. And because of its long shelf-life, if I want to reduce my dose because it can make me feel moody and lethargic after continuously taking it for a while...there's no side effects other than feeling better. Its easy to manage my own mood by upping or lowering my intake on the same prescription. I may go a week without it and feel fine, but when I start to get heart palpitations and my mind blanks out when I'm confronted, I begin to take it again. That way it helps me to stabilize but I'm not relying on it ALL the time."

Rachel143 October 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've battled with anxiety most of my life. In the last six months I've suffered greatly from severe anxiety due to changes at work. The nurse practitioner I was seeing put me on Lexapro, Risperidone, and Remeron for sleep. Nothing was working, and I was not sleeping at all, I mean literally not sleeping more than one hour night, I was not eating barely anything. It got so bad but I put my notice in at work. The nurse practitioner would not prescribe any benzodiazepine because she was worried about my history of substances abuse with alcohol. I ended up trying to kill myself by stabbing myself seven times and overdosing on my prescription medication. After that I went back to my previous psychiatrist and she prescribed me on Clonazapam. I'm now back to work and I'm feeling much better. I wish this was prescribed to me sooner."

StressedinMA (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2015

For Insomnia: "Yes indeed, Clonazepam is a "wonder drug" for sleep (and anxiety); BUT, beware...if I can just save one person from this drug...YES!!! I ended up on this drug for 18 years and it took me four months of a slow taper to wean myself. During and after withdrawal, I had horrible side effects: nausea, insomnia, panic, loss of memory, etc. I have been totally off the drug for 8 weeks and my side effects are slowly going away but I still have a horrible metallic taste and smell. I'd try anything OTHER than a benzo. It is not worth the side effects. Look at the drug warnings; they state the drug is meant for SHORT TERM USE. Good luck."

zionfrost (taken for 10 years or more) October 1, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have a frontal Lobe injury along with PTSD and Panic Disorders. I took 1 mg of Xanax QID (4) per day as directed for 16 years. I asked to be removed while in the Hospital. And put on K-pin. I have suffered for two years now on K-pin TID (3) per day. Not good. I have a very bad Doctor, that I feel that shouldn't practice Medicine. He won't listen to concerns and has never given me a physical."

Barry Rose October 1, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I would not be alive now if not for Klonopin, nor would I have been able to complete Graduate school. Anyone who has had panic disorder that literally freezes your mind and body into a state of never ending terror know. You are sure you will die. Mine started at age 28. I have been taking a low dose; 1 mg per day - 0.5 morning and before bed. If I feel one coming on I take 1 mg of Ativan - happens a few x a month. Those who say it's as horrible and addictive as Heroin? Likely using it for generalized anxiety and increase irresponsibly .Those of us who suffer from the physical and mental terror of panic disorder and take the medication carefully - it's hard to hear others saying how dangerous it is. Anything misused is dangerous."

DaisyARiley September 30, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This medication is magic. The first few times you take it (if you take it before bed, I usually do because that's when a majority of my panic attacks occur), then you might wake up feeling zombie-ish for a few times in the beginning. For me, that side effect passed. Now, it's amazing for me. My best friend was on Xanax and she said it would just knock her out and by the time she woke up, it would be worn off and she would then panic all over again. Klonopin has not been like that for me because it has a longer half life, which means it stays in your system in effect for a longer period of time. I will say this - be careful. Honestly, I took 1/2 of a .5mg pill for a while and it did me well. Be safe with your usage and you'll love it."

Samanthaalucas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been using Clonazepam for insomnia and mild anxiety for the last 4 months and I can say that it is working miracles for me. I have been using a very very small dose - 0.25 mg in the evening for the first 3 months, now I am taking even less - 0.15 mg in the evening. I have 0.5 mg pills that I use to break into small pieces. The dosage is so small that I have no fear of becoming an addict. Even so, if my sleep and peace of mind mean being an addict, then I 'm more than happy to be one."

Jane Eyre September 28, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with PTSD and GAD after 2 tours in combat. I began to suffer from anxiety in 2009, I was prescribed Zoloft and Klonopin .25mg (as needed). Klonopin was an immediate relief for unexpected anxiety attacks. 15 minutes later I was functional again. After 2 years, Zoloft destroyed my libido. So I took myself off and relied only on Klonopin. It began as needed, then 2 a week, once everyday, and finally twice a day. The anxieties were reoccurring quite often, I quickly built a dependence to get me through the day. It turns out that I was getting anxiety due to my addiction to klonopin. I decided to get off cold turkey (not recommended) and I went through 2 weeks of withdrawals. its a quick relief but addictive. be careful!"

RafaUSMC (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2015

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "Was taking very small doses (0.1 mg) for 3 years - and one night after taking it on the previous night for sleep, I drank a few beers and had some type of dizzy spell - which resulted in becoming "sensitized" to Clonazepam. From that point on, I suffered side effects from either taking the drug or from trying to withdraw. I only gained relief after quitting Clonazepam with the aide of substitute medications (Olanzepine & Fluexatine (3-25mg)."

charliep429 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I had been taking clonazepam for two years, then slowly stopped taking it. A couple weeks after not taking it, I had a grand mal seizure. Then a few more smaller petite seizures after that. I started up clonopin again and bam. No more seizures. It is a great drug for my BPD but I will caution you to talk to the doc before stopping it."

It helps but there's a catch September 25, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I had migraines for 20 years and just dealt with it the best I could. Doctors put me on all types of pain and triptan class drugs and while they numbed it they didn't do much. I would always awake with a migraine and it would last 3-4 days. 10 years ago a Dr gave me 0.5mg clonazpam at bedtime and BOOM headaches almost go away. I have forgot the bottle on weekly trips and do find my quality of sleep is reduced but overall no other side effects. Do plan to drop to .25 and .10 nightly if I can't cut them that small...but if the migraines return...they will bury me (of old age) with .5 in my bloodstream."

Thomas1942 (taken for 10 years or more) September 24, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have suffered from panic attacks for 25 years, I was almost 6 years free of them in celexa after years of Ativan So I went on klonipin and I think it works very good , slow at first but 1-1.5 mg a day and I feel like I have my life back. Very good."

MyChef September 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "One of the only things that really helps my anxiety and panic attacks. It definitely improves my quality of life."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 22, 2015

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have PDSD and it's the only thing that helps me"

Bella lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I am fairly certain that Clonazepam saved my life. I suffer from a phobia of vomiting, with frequent panic attacks (which of course make me nauseous, leading to even more panic). I was put on Clonazepam when I was sixteen, and I'm still on it at twenty eight. I've had to increase the dosage only once, very recently. Side effects are mild and usually limited to a slight feeling of sedation. Clonazepam utterly annihilates anxiety. The only reason I don't rate it as a ten is because of its addictive nature. Clonazepam should never be suddenly stopped, as the withdrawal is highly unpleasant. That being said, I'll take a functional physical addiction over a life lived in panic any day of the week."

Kurwenal (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2015

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "Along with BMS I have terrible Gerd, on a strict diet I think this had something to do with my burning stinging annoying painful tongue only on the right side. I still watch what I eat but since I have taken Clonazepam 1mg dissolved then spit I have no pain. This should be more widely announced to folks suffering."

dAlt64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed Clonazepam on a situational basis, to help manage infrequent but severe anxiety attacks. Although I do find this drug does help to take the edge off in stressful situations like an interview or a crowded concert, the side effects and withdrawal symptoms are far too negative. While on it I feel drowsy and forgetful, and the next day and even up to two or three days later, I get depressed (more than I normally am) and cry A LOT. The last time I took it I had severe depression and even suicidal thoughts (which I never have really had before) for two full days after. That scared me enough to not want to ever take it again.. I highly recommend being careful and doing your research when it comes to Clonazepam."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Much less effective than mylan"

Bipoldog September 17, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started having panic attacks that rendered me unable to even get up. My first one landed me in the hospital. I was disoriented, rooms looked like they were sideways, objects that were not moving looked like they were, I couldn't get enough air in, I needed to close my eyes, driving was out of the question and I was nauseated and terrified. After two weeks of being out of work I was put on Klonopin along with antidepressants. It is the only thing that has allowed me to function like I could before the panic/anxiety attacks started. The only drawback is that I have to take it at the same time each day and cannot miss a doseage or the dizziness, panic and feeling like I am going to pass out comes back. It has been a life saver."

DeejDee September 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I tried several other medications to treat my anxiety and panic attacks, this is the only medication that made me feel good without feeling like a zombie.."

Justin Case 1983 kc September 10, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I was given clonazepam 0.5mg as needed for panic attacks but have since been taking that dosage 2x a day for about 5 years. I don't want to go up on the dosage because I don't want to be one of those people taking 9mg a day. (but not I am saying, who cares if it gives your life back do it ) so at this point I am sure it's just the placebo effect, or not. But it saved my life so I am on this medication for life. When it gets really stressful or panicky, I take 1mg, like tonight. Panic attacks have all gone with this drug, and Prozac PS I got on this forum because I wanted to see stories of people taking it for 15 plus years, life. Thank you to those people. I feel better now."

anxiety go away September 8, 2015