User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 42 medications

Sleep Paralysis 1 reviews 1 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 739 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Migraine Prevention: "I am so happy with clonazepam. My daughter has had migraines from the age of 5 and now she is 11. She's been on it for less than a month and the results are good. I have suffered with her sleeping in a dark room for hours until she feels better but now with this medicine we have rested. Although she gets the attacks they are not as bad as before."

muzaza October 12, 2014

For Anxiety: "Excellent for long lasting relief on minimal dosage. Rarely causes weakness/sleepiness, but does not give the user euphoria."

Seahorse 69 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, major depression, and panic/anxiety attacks. I have had PTSD most of my life I just didn't know what it was. I have been in and out of therapy for 15 years now. My psychiatrist has put me on all kinds of combinations of medications. Right now I am on 40 mg of Celexa once a day and 2mg of clonazepam 4x a day. I have been on Lorazepam and Ativan but they only work a few days. I was on Xanax for many years and it worked great, my dosage kept going up, I was taking 2 mg 4x a day and still had anxiety attack. I am now on clonazepam and have been for most of the last 12 years. Occasionally they will stop working and I am put on Xanax after 2 months they stop working and I am put on clonazepam again and they work again. "

Swill75 October 9, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 4mg of Klonopin per day. I have done so for more than two years. I went to a clinic where a "no benzo" policy was established and I was taken off the medicine. I went through two years of agony. Neurontin was given as a substitute...it made me depressed, and nauseous. I finally had to go to a private doctor to be put back on my Klonopin and am returning to normal. The only issue I would mention is that it is not a fast acting medicine."

Rickyt7 October 3, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works."

cwburke October 1, 2014

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "Helped with the manic episode"

bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "Pretty much a lifesaver. I've been struggling for years with panic/anxiety attacks and it has had a negative effect on my social life. Especially in school. I was always afraid to get up in class to speak class and found myself avoiding it all together if possible. My voice would shake, I'd trip over my own words, I'd start sweating and my heart would race so fast that you could practically hear it. Having social anxiety has been a nightmare. It stemmed from years of bullying and abuse growing up and never had any hope until my Dr prescribed 0.5mg of clonazepam twice a day. I take one in the morning and one at night. I can now go to class with confidence and wasn't anxious at all when I had to read aloud. I was completely calm. I love it."

PanicNoMore (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "My anxiety came out of the blue. I had been suffering from depression and waited until I was close to rock bottom before seeing a psychiatrist. He put me on Zoloft and for about 10 days I convinced myself it was all getting better...then WHAM! I started waking up with panic that was overtaking my entire body! I took Xanax just to go to sleep for an hour. A counselor tried to get me to do breathing and muscle relaxation exercises but I was too anxious to concentrate. I had to take off work because I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT FUNCTION! My Psychiatrist just put me on Klonopin 1mg 3x a day. That's a lot but hopefully I can taper off soon & the Zoloft can do it's job. I can now think clearly and not panic at the simple thought of bathing!"

almostcrazy (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed"

SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

For Insomnia: "I have had chronic insomnia for 15 years. Tried many things...Benadryl pills at bedtime, Roserem and melatonin, all of which worked for a little while, and then stopped. I was prescribed 1 mg of clonazepam an hour before bedtime, and I find it a miracle pill. I take it a few nights a week and I have had wonderful results. Not being able to fall asleep is terrible for ones life. It leaves you irritable, and unable to function the next day. This medication was truly a lifesaver for me!"

Sunnyholly September 10, 2014

185 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I had become so nervous driving or riding in a car. My doc prescribed 2 mg Klonopin/Clonazepam and it worked wonders. No side effects and only take it at bedtime."

kjdmeTX (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 9, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I started getting anxiety about a year ago out of the blue. I had to go to the ER because I thought I was dying or something. All my tests came back negative. The doctor told me it was an anxiety attack. I got sent home with nothing. A few days later I had another one. I went to my PHP and put me on clonazepam. I try not to take them if I don't need it, but you never know when it may manifest. So I try to take half doses to make my script stretch and to also not be as dependent. I noticed that it works but to a less degree. I commute to school and work a full time job so my mind is always running. In a nutshell, this medication works."

Dnz (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 8, 2014

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Great for Panic disorder."

Anne-Ana September 3, 2014

For Anxiety: "They make my anxiety go away instantly. They let me feel normal around other people. Comfortable in my own skin. Lastly they give me energy to get through my day, like I Used to."

Flipper Jackson September 1, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have anxiety and am agoraphobic. I have constant anxiety, which I can usually deal with without medicines. But when my anxiety becomes extreme, clonazepam calms me quickly. It also works when I take one before I am going to be in a situation that I know will cause my anxiety to be intolerable (like a crowded grocery store). I take them only as needed, not necessarily every day, so I don't worry about addiction or withdrawals. However, I did go through withdrawal once. I found that cutting back on my dosage over a couple of days alleviated my withdrawal symptoms. This medicine has helped me face my fears and I fully expect to one day either use it rarely or completely stop needing it."

Laura C18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2014

For Night Terrors: "I was prescribed for night terrors. I tried it for about 4 weeks. I had a significant improvement but the side effects included feeling drugged all day and twitching muscles in my ears. I stopped taking It because of the side effects."

Xrc August 24, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taken Klonopin for 20 years, it all started because I lost function of both my inner ears and had no balance. The ear specialist concluded that there was no treatment available for this condition so my stress and anxiety level landed me in a pain clinic where medicine, exercise, counseling and diet did the trick. In three days I was back to normal. What I later found out is that Clonazepam was not only very effective for my balance disorder but it took the anxiety away. Today I take 2mg a day in two or three dosages and feel completely normal. When stress increases I slightly increase the dosage. I take it with Lexapro so as not to end in depression. The secret, for me, is daily exercise (walking), and Clonazepam/Lexapro10mg."

Masami (taken for 10 years or more) August 21, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Have done the full arsenal of anti-depressants with minimal to no resolution of my SAD/GAD. I am a generally healthy 48 year old male that mysteriously 2 years ago developed intense GAD/SAD: terrified flop sweats in meetings, avoidance of all social gatherings/interaction, non-stop anxiousness, and a handful of panic attacks. Under recommendation from my therapist my GP reluctantly prescribed clonazepan (Klonopin). 1 mg 2 x day. The full 1 mg made me a bit glassy eyed and dull. Reducing to 0.5 mg in the morning - to handle work-related anxiety and 1mg at night before bed. Success! I am close to the goofy outgoing person I was before the anxiety kicked in full-force. Bravo! I have found the right mix - finally."

tattooedkoi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Takes away the anxiety."

Mozes August 8, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "I have had restless leg syndrome since I was at least 5 yrs old, it runs in my family. It affected my school, jobs, trips and sleeping. As I got older the symptoms became worse. By the age of 30 yrs old I could no longer sleep at night due to the energy build up in my legs and arms, my brain was also not shutting down at night. I dreaded going to bed for years. My twin sister also has rest leg syndrome and her doctor put her on Klonopin, it worked for her. So I went to my doctor and he gave me a prescription of Requip. It didn't work well. He switched my medication and I started taking Klonopin. The changes were immediate. I slept for the first time all night. I can take long drives, fly in airplanes and actually sit through a movie."

Kim rodriguez August 5, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "Before I was prescribed clonazepam (2mg daily) Paxil (10mg daily) was prescribed (but there are many more I could list as time passed) for major depression. I was having scary nightmares, very disturbing to me. I think for myself this medicine is super, no side effects. I am currently off any antidepressant and have taken 2mg nightly. If I feel anxiety and can not stop the feeling, I will take 1mg. I plan to cut my dose to 1mg nightly. I feel, finally after 20 years of medicines I can handle my problems without medication per my doctors ok. Let's hope. I pray I can do this. "

CheeTah51 (taken for 10 years or more) August 4, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I first started out on Lamictal and unfortunately got a rash from it. I then was moved onto Ativans and those worked but only for a short period of time. This is by far the best medication, but, it takes a little bit longer to kick in compared to the Ativan. My panic attacks come out of nowhere and it's unfortunate that it doesn't kick in as fast. That's why I gave it an 8."

Pb600004 August 1, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "I've struggled with panic attacks, anxiety, and other symptoms stemming from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. First my Dr gave me Ativan which made me tired, and helped with my symptoms slightly. After a couple of days though, it just stopped working. I was then bumped up to low dose Xanax which worked slightly better but my dose kept needing to be increased because of the loss of effectiveness. The other problem I had with Xanax was that 15 minutes after I took it I felt like I had a piano dropped on my head, and then 2 hours later all effects were gone. Clonazepam, however, has been far more effective. It does not hit you all at once. It is steady, and long lasting. 1 MG 4x daily, and no need for a raise since I switched 6 months ago."

Ian AC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 29, 2014

For Anxiety: "I took them for 3 months before I told my doctor to either change me or take me off them. The only thing they really did when I took them (I was on 6 mg daily) was made me a little drowsy and forgetful something I could do without. Anyway not to ramble but the doc put me on Xanax and I must say they work A LOT better."

xanam (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "Taken for "panic disorder" but also serves as anti-convulsant for Wellbutrin dosage. Taken various other meds with it ("mood stabilizers" and antipsychotics, lithium for bipolar) in various combinations (due to bipolar) that have affected the effectiveness of the medication, and have been at 4mg for 10ish years. It's never given me any side effects ever, has worked some with other meds, but found a good combination where it is really working so much better: 1mg 4x daily (one of those at bed time), Wellbutrin, Topomax ("mood stabilizer), Prozac. I am still trying to get over the semi-agoraphobia (can't get out alone, only with another person) that an antipsychotic caused with daily anxiety/panic attacks. But the clonazepam is working now."

misty swamp July 28, 2014