Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear TagsThis page contains information on Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tags for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tags Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tags
- Direction and dosage information for Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tags
Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear TagsThis treatment applies to the following species:
For use on Beef Cattle and Non-Lactating Dairy Cattle to Control Horn Flies, Gulf Coast Ticks, Spinose Ear Ticks and to Aid in Control of American Dog Ticks, Cattle Fever Ticks (Boophilus species), Lone Star Ticks, and to Reduce Face Flies.
Keep Out of Reach of Children
Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tags Caution
*(butylcarbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds
• Guaranteed against loss due to tag or button failure*
• Snap-Lok® collar for guaranteed retention*
• No withdrawal time required
Snap-Lok® collar for guaranteed retention*
Ribbed design for season-long durability
Long taper and rounded edges for durability
Large surface area for insecticide effectiveness
*This guarantee is a limited guarantee, limited to the replacement of tags only, if the tags failed after being properly applied to remain in the animal’s ear for a five (5) month period due to tag breakage or separation from button.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Reformulation or repackaging of this product is prohibited. The labeling must be in the possession of the user at the time of pesticide application.
Precautions And Restrictions
• Only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
• Do not tag lactating dairy cows.
Apply tags as directed below for Horn Flies and ear ticks:
• Horn Flies: 1 tag/animal for up to 3 months control
2 tags/animal for up to 5 months control (1 tag on each ear)
For breeds with large ears, apply to back of ear for optimum control of horn flies.
• Gulf Coast Ticks: 2 tags/animal for up to 4 months control (1 tag on each ear)
• Spinose Ear Ticks: 2 tags/animal (1 tag on the front of each ear)
Apply tags as directed below for the listed pests:
• American Dog Ticks: 2 tags/animal (1 tag per ear) to aid in control for up to 3 months
• Cattle Fever Ticks (Boophilus species): 2 tags/animal (1 tag per ear) to aid in control for 2 to 3 months
• Lone Star Ticks: 2 tags/animal (1 tag per ear) to aid in control for 2 months
• Face Flies (Musca autumnalis): 2 tags/animal (1 tag on the front of each ear) to reduce Face Flies
Apply as shown with a Y-TEX 2-piece tag applicator (i.e., UltraTagger plus). Apply when flies, ticks or lice become a problem. Reapply as necessary up to two treatments per year. All animals in the herd should be tagged to avoid dilution of the treatment. To minimize development of insecticide resistance in horn flies, remove used tags at the end of the season and follow the recommended tag rotation program. Remove tags before slaughter.
Seat male button firmly on pin, press down and give a slight twist.
Place female tag firmly under clip. Collar on tag must be pointing away from pin.
Position applicator over ear and squeeze the handles together.
The ideal position for male stud is between the second and third radial cartilage as shown.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in cool, dark place away from sunlight in original container. Opened bags containing ear tags should be resealed for storage.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Securely wrap used tags in a plastic bag or several layers of newspaper and discard in trash.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: Offer for recycling (if available). Do not reuse bag. Discard bag in trash.
This product contains abamectin, a macrocyclic lactone, and piperonyl butoxide, technical, a mixed-function oxidase inhibitor.
• Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
• Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
• Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
• Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Hot Line Number
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-255-3924 for emergency medical treatment information.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
CAUTION: HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED
Personal Protective Equipment: Some materials that are chemical resistant to this product are barrier laminate butyl rubber, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber, natural rubber, polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, viton. If you want more options, follow the instructions for category A on an EPA chemical resistance category selection chart.
Applicators and other handlers must wear:
- Long sleeved shirt and long pants
- Shoes plus socks
- Chemical resistant gloves
User Safety Recommendations:
- User should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- User should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
- User should remove PPE immediately after handling this product. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
This pesticide is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash waters, rinsate, or by disposal of used tags.
Notice Of Warranty
To the extent consistent with applicable law, Y-TEX CORPORATION MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED concerning this product or its uses which extend beyond the use of the product under normal conditions in accord with the statements made on the label, and in any case, is limited to replacement of tags only.
EPA EST. NO. 39039-WY-01
EPA REG. NO. 39039-17
U.S. Pat. No. 8,425,925 B2
Y-TEX CORPORATION, 1825 BIG HORN AVENUE, CODY, WYOMING 82414
MADE IN USA
0.32 oz. (9 GRAMS) PER TAG
0.32 oz. (9 GRAMS) PER TAG
NAC No.: 1344016.3
1825 BIG HORN AVENUE, CODY, WY, 82414
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tags information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-01-09