ULD BP-100This page contains information on ULD BP-100 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- ULD BP-100 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for ULD BP-100
- Direction and dosage information for ULD BP-100
ULD BP-100This treatment applies to the following species:
Contact Insecticide II
Pyrethrins*, a botanical insecticide
Contains Petroleum Distillate
*1 gallon contains 0.066 lbs. of Pyrethrins and 0.33 lbs. of piperonyl butoxide
**(butylcarbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
ULD BP-100 Caution
For indoor or outdoor application as a direct, space, area or contact spray. Dependent upon the insects and areas to be treated, this product may be applied through mechanical aerosol (non-metered) or Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) generators, as well as thermal and conventional fogging or spraying equipment.
KILLS: Ants (excluding Harvester & Pharaoh), Bed Bugs, Cockroaches, Fleas, Flies, Scorpions, Spiders, Stored Product Pests (Beetles, Mites, Moths) and Ticks.
FOR USE IN: Commercial (including Food Handling Establishments, Food Service, Storage, Preparation and Processing Areas), Institutional and Residential Areas.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
● Apply this product only as specified on the label.
● Do not apply more than 1 time/day.
● Only protected applicators may be in treatment area during application.
● Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift.
● Do not remain in treated area. Exit area immediately and do not enter or allow others to enter treated area until sprays have dried, until vapors, mists and aerosols have dispersed, and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● Remove pets, birds and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
● When used as a direct or space spray, do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
● For space sprays:
• Do not allow adults, children or pets to enter the treated area for at least 15 min, until vapors, mists and aerosols have dispersed and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
• Do not remain in treated area. Exit area immediately and remain outside the treated area until aerosol, vapors and/or mists and aerosols have dispersed and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated.
● Remove or cover exposed food and drinking water, in the treatment area, before application.
● Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment, and food preparation surfaces, in the treatment area, or wash them before use.
● Do not apply as a space spray in residences.
● For space spray applications in food handling and processing facilities:
• Do not make applications when facility is in operation.
• Cover or remove food, in the treatment area, prior to space spray applications.
• Cover food processing surfaces, in the treatment area, or clean after treatment and before use.
● Except when applying to sewers or drains as instructed on the label, do not apply directly to sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur.
● When used in dairy barns or facilities: Close milk bulk tank lids to prevent contamination from spray and from dead or falling insects. Remove or cover milking utensils before application. Wash teats of animals before milking.
● Do not apply this product in hospital rooms while occupied or in any rooms occupied by the elderly or infirm. Remove patients from room prior to treatment and thoroughly ventilate (2 hours) after application. Do not return patients to room until after ventilation.
● Do not use in patient rooms in hospitals and nursing homes for treatment of bed bugs.
● Do not apply to classrooms when in use.
● Do not use in aircraft cabins.
● Do not make outdoor applications during rain.
● Do not apply directly to impervious horizontal surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways and patios except as a spot or crack and crevice treatment. During application, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters.
● All outdoor applications, if permitted elsewhere on the label, must be limited to spot or crack and crevice treatments only, except for the following permitted uses, if allowed elsewhere on the label:
1. Applications to soil or vegetation, as listed on the label, around structures;
2. Applications to lawns, turf and other vegetation, as listed on the label;
3. Applications to the side of a building, up to a maximum height of 3 ft. above grade;
4. Applications to underside of eaves, soffits, doors or windows permanently protected from rainfall by a covering, overhang, awning or other structure;
5. Applications around potential pest entry points into buildings, when limited to a surface band not to exceed 1” in width;
6. Applications made through the use of a coarse, low pressure spray to only those portions of surfaces that are directly above bare soil, lawn, turf, mulch or other vegetation, as listed on the label, and not over an impervious surface, drainage or other condition that could result in runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutter or surface waters, in order to control occasional invaders or aggregating pests.
● Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems.
Note: Some furniture finishes, particularly plastics, can be damaged by petroleum based insecticides. To avoid damage, cover those items and do not spray directly. If in doubt, test by applying this material to an inconspicuous area before spraying.
USE IN FOOD HANDLING ESTABLISHMENTS
Applications are permitted in food/feed areas of food/feed handling establishments as a contact spray, space spray or crack and crevice treatment, including those operating under the Federal meat, poultry, shell egg grading and egg products inspection programs.
Food handling establishments are places other than private residences in which food is held, processed, prepared or served.
Include areas for receiving, serving, storing (dry, cold, frozen, raw), packing (canning, bottling, wrapping, boxing), preparing (cleaning, slicing, cooking, grinding), edible waste storage and enclosed processing systems (mills, dairies, edible oils, syrups).
Include areas such as garbage rooms, lavatories, floor drains (to sewers), entries and vestibules, offices, locker rooms, machine rooms, boiler rooms, garages, mop closets and storage areas (after canning or bottling).
Apply according to specific directions for pest(s) to be treated under the Indoor Use section below. Do not make space spray applications to food areas when the facility is in operation. Prior to space spray applications, remove or cover exposed food and drinking water in the treatment area. Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment, and food preparation surfaces, in the treatment area, or wash them before use.
SPACE SPRAY - FLYING INSECTS (Flies, Gnats)
Use full strength or dilute as desired using the dilution chart below. Prior to treatment, open cabinets, doors and equipment to be treated; turn off air conditioners and fans, extinguish all flames and close windows in the area to be treated. Apply using a mechanical aerosol generator (no droplets > 50 microns in diameter and 80% < 30 microns). Apply undiluted at a rate of approx. 1 fl. oz. / 1,000 cu. ft. of room space, or apply diluted at the rate of 1 - 2 fl. oz. / 1,000 cu. ft. of room space. In commercial operations, subtract the space occupied by stored product or equipment from the cubic footage. Disperse toward areas suspected of harboring the greatest infestations of listed pests. Disperse in all locations (including around equipment, appliances and pallets, if desired) contacting as many insects as possible. Do not remain in treated areas after application. Keep area closed for at least 1 hour. Open and thoroughly ventilate treated areas before reoccupying. Do not apply as a space spray in residences.
Use a white mineral oil conforming to regulation 21 CFR 178.3620(b) or an odorless light petroleum hydrocarbon conforming to 21 CFR 172.882 or 40 CFR 180.910 (inert ingredients used pre and post-harvest; exemptions from the requirement of a tolerance) and 180.930 (inert ingredients applied to animals; exemptions from the requirement of a tolerance.) Combine oil and concentrate as directed below and mix well just prior to application.
Pyrethrin % Desired
Application Rate per 1,000 cu. ft.
1 Part Concentrate to 1 Part Oil
1 fl. oz.
3 Parts Concentrate to 7 Parts Oil
1-2 fl. oz.
3 Parts Concentrate to 17 Parts Oil
1-2 fl. oz.
SPACE SPRAY - CRAWLING INSECTS (Ants, Bed Bugs, Beetles, Earwigs, Cockroaches, Silverfish, Spiders)
Use full strength. Prior to treatment, open cabinets, doors and equipment to be treated; turn off air conditioners and fans, extinguish all flames and close windows in the area to be treated. Apply as a space spray using a mechanical aerosol generator (no droplets >50 microns in diameter and 80% <30 microns) at a rate of approx. 1 fl. oz. / 1,000 cu. ft. of room space. In commercial operations, subtract the space occupied by stored product or equipment from the cubic footage. Disperse toward areas suspected of harboring the greatest infestations of listed pests. Disperse in all locations (including around equipment, appliances and pallets, if desired) contacting as many insects as possible. Do not remain in treated area after application and leave area closed for 1 hr. Ventilate thoroughly before occupants are allowed to reenter. Do not apply as a space spray in residences.
DIRECT SPRAY OR VOID TREATMENTS
Use equipment designed for space or mist treatments. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for proper equipment set up and operation. Place the tip of the applicator at or into the crack or crevice or opening to the void. Apply in short bursts into area being treated. Apply 1 second of product for every 3 cu. ft. of void area. For Direct Spray, apply the product in short bursts into the area where insects are to be contacted, such as corners of the room, behind and under furniture or other equipment. Apply from a distance of 18 - 24” away from the surface and allow the material to drift to area to be treated. The amount of product applied is not to exceed 0.33 fl. oz. / 1,000 cu. ft. For Bed Bugs: Direct application into areas where bed bugs harbor. Do not direct this product at mattresses.
HANDTANK OR PINSTREAM APPLICATION
Direct application into cracks and crevices in elements of construction, walls, floors, underneath sinks, behind pipes and other places where insects harbor. For spot treatments, use a coarse, low-pressure spray. Limit individual spot treatments to an area no larger than 20% of the surface area. Any individual spot treatment shall not exceed 2 sq. ft. Contact as many insects as possible. Before making any application, ensure product will not stain surface or leave an unacceptable residue. The amount of product applied is not to exceed 0.33 fl. oz. / 2 sq. ft.
OUTDOOR GROUND FOGGING APPLICATION USING HANDHELD EQUIPMENT (FLIES, GNATS)
Use in open areas near buildings and in campgrounds. Use preferably at a time when temperature is cool (≤ 75°F) and the wind velocity is approx. ≤ 5 mph. When using ULV equipment, apply at the rate of 4 fl. oz. / acre. Allow spray drift to penetrate dense foliage.
FOR USE ON DOMESTIC ANIMALS/LIVESTOCK
Use to protect beef cattle, dairy cattle and horses from horn flies, house flies and gnats, apply a light mist sufficient to wet the tips of the hair. To kill stable flies on beef cattle, dairy cattle and horses, apply 2 fl. oz. / adult animal, sufficient to wet the hair but not to soak the hide. To kill the motile stages of blood sucking lice on beef and dairy cattle, apply the spray to thoroughly wet the hair. Use 2 fl. oz. or less/animal and repeat every 2 - 3 weeks as required, but do not apply more than 1 time/day. Do not use on dogs and cats.
SPACE TREATMENT OVER ANIMALS IN BARNS AND CORRALS OR IN INDOOR MISTING SYSTEMS USED IN COMMERCIAL BARNS, STABLES AND ANIMAL QUARTERS
Select proper dilution and treat with ULD equipment over animals, or apply through Indoor Misting Systems.
USE RESTRICTIONS FOR INDOOR MISTING SYSTEMS
● Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems (indoor or outdoor). Do not apply this product in barns or stables where animals intended for slaughter or human consumption will be maintained.
● Do not apply when food, feed and/or water is present.
● When using this product, installers and service technicians must comply with the license, certification or registration requirements of the state(s), tribe(s) or local authority(ies) where they are installed.
● When applying via a remote activation device, do not apply when people and pets are present. If possible, when applying via automatic timer, set the timing for application when people and pets are unlikely to be present.
● Direct nozzles to spray towards the target area and away from areas where people are typically present.
● Do not use in evaporative cooling system.
● Do not use in misters located within 3 ft. of air vents, air conditioner units or windows.
● If used in a system with a reservoir tank for the end use dilution, the system reservoir tank must be locked. Securely attach the end use pesticide label and a dilution statement to the system reservoir tank in a weather protected area or plastic sleeve. The dilution statement must be phrased as follows: “This container holds __ parts ULD BP-100 Contact Insecticide II to__ parts oil.”
● If used in a direct injection system, the pesticide container must be locked. Securely attach the end use label to the pesticide container in a weather protected area or plastic sleeve.
● This product must only be used in systems that have been calibrated to apply no more than the maximum application rate of 0.0033 lbs./1,000 cu. ft. (no animals present).
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
ULD BP-100 Caution
Harmful if absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reaction in some individuals.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
Mixers, loaders, applicators and other handlers must wear the following: Long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes and socks, and chemical-resistant gloves made of barrier laminate, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber or Viton.
● In addition to the above PPE, applicators using a high-pressure hand wand in an enclosed area must wear at least a NIOSH-approved respirator with: a dust/mist filter with MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-21C or any R, P, or HE filter.
● In addition to the above PPE, applicators fogging this product (applying as a space spray) in an enclosed area must wear a half-face, full-face, or hood-style NIOSH-approved respirator with: a dust/mist filtering cartridge (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-21C), or a canister approved for pesticides (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-14G), or a cartridge or canister with any R, P or HE filter.
USER SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
Discard clothing and other absorbent material that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with the product’s concentrate. Do not reuse them.
USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
● Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
● Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
This product is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. This product has a potential for runoff for several weeks after application. Poorly draining soils and soils with shallow water tables are more prone to produce runoff that contains this product.
This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid runoff to water bodies or drainage systems.
FOR CONTAINERS ≥ 5 GALLONS
Do not discharge effluent containing this product into lakes, streams, ponds, estuaries, oceans or other water unless in accordance with the requirements of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and permitting authority has been notified in writing prior to discharge. Do not discharge effluent containing this product to sewer systems without previously notifying the local sewage treatment plant authority. For guidance, contact your state water board or regional office of the EPA.
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL HAZARDS
Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Do not apply this product around electrical equipment due to the possibility of shock hazard.
IF IN EYES:
● Hold eyes open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 to 20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eyes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING:
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Contains petroleum distillate - vomiting may cause aspiration pneumonia.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For additional information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies or pesticide incidents), you may call 1-888-740-8712.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.
Store in original container in secured, dry storage area. Do not store above 100°F for extended periods of time. Storage below 32°F may cause freezing. If container is damaged or spill occurs, use product immediately or dispose of product and damaged container as indicated below.
Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site, in accordance with the label directions, or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container! Empty container by using the product according to the label directions. Triple rinse container (or equivalent) promptly after emptying. Triple rinse as follows:
(≤5 gal) Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Fill the container 1/4 full with water and recap. Shake for 10 seconds. Pour rinsate into application equipment or a mix tank or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Repeat this procedure 2 more times.
(>5 gal) Empty remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank. Fill the container 1/4 full with water. Replace and tighten closures. Tip container on its side and roll it back and forth, ensuring at least one complete revolution, for 30 seconds. Stand the container on its end and tip it back and forth several times. Turn the container over onto its other end and tip it back and forth several times. Empty the rinsate into application equipment or a mix tank or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Repeat this procedure 2 more times.
Then offer for recycling, if available, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or by incineration, or, if allowed by state and local authorities, by burning. If burned stay out of smoke.
IN ADDITION TO PREVIOUSLY LISTED SITES, THIS PRODUCT IS ACCEPTABLE FOR USE IN AND AROUND THE FOLLOWING SITES:
INDOORS: Animal Areas & Quarters, Auditoriums, Bakeries, Beverage Plants, Boats, Bottling Plants, Brandy Storage Warehouses, Buildings, Buses, Cabins, Canneries, Cattle Barns, Churches, Closets, Communication Centers, Condominiums, Correctional Facilities, Dairy & Livestock Barns, Drains & Sewers, Dried Fruit Processing Plants, Dried Fruit Warehouses, Drugstores, Dumpsters, Dwellings, Egg Processing Plants, Factories, Flour Mills, Food Handling Establishments, Food Processing Plants, Freight Containers, Fruit Packing Sheds, Garbage Cans, Garbage Compactors, Grain Elevators, Grain Handling Equipment, Grain Mills, Granaries, Homes, Horse Barns, Horse Stables, Hospices, Industrial Installations, Institutions, Jails, Laboratories, Libraries, Livestock Barns, Loafing Sheds, Locker Rooms, Mausoleums, Meat Packing Plants, Milk Rooms, Mills, Missions, Mobile Homes, Museums, Mushroom Processing Plants, Nursing Homes, Offices, Office Buildings, Passenger Rail Cars, Peanut Processing Plants, Peanut Storage Warehouses, Poultry Houses, Poultry Processing Plants, Prisons, Public Buildings, Rabbit Houses, Rabbit Processing Plants, Railroad Cars, Recreational Vehicles, Research Animal Areas, Restaurants, Restrooms, Rice Mills, Shade Houses, Ship’s hold, Ships, Stable Bins, Stables, Stored Seed Warehouses, Stores, Supermarkets, Swine Houses, Textile Mills & Warehouses, Theaters, Tobacco Plants, Tobacco Warehouses, Townhouses, Trains, Transportation Equipment, Truck Trailers, Trucks, USDA Inspected Facilities, Utilities, Utility Rooms, Voids (Attics, Walls, Ceilings), Warehouses, Wine Storage Warehouses, Wineries, and Zoos. OUTDOORS: Campgrounds, Corrals, Drive-in Restaurants, Drive-in Theaters, Dumpsters, Feedlots, Garbage Dumps, Golf Courses, Junkyards, Kennels, Landscapes, Lath Houses, Manure Piles, Parks, Plantscapes, Playgrounds, Recreational Areas, Sewers, Swineyards, USDA Inspected Facilities, and Zoos.
THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO EFFECTIVE AGAINST THE FOLLOWING INSECTS WHEN USED ACCORDING TO LABEL DIRECTIONS:
FLYING INSECTS: Bees, Blow Flies, Bottle Flies, Cheese Skippers, Deer Flies, Flies, Fungus Gnats, Hornets, House Flies, Mushroom Flies, Stable Flies, Vinegar Flies, and Yellowjackets. CRAWLING INSECTS: Bed Bugs, Book Lice, Cabbage Loopers, Cabbageworms, Cockroaches, Crickets, Fire Ant Workers, Firebrats, Millipedes, Pillbugs, Sowbugs, and Scorpions. GRAIN BORERS: Larger Grain Borers and Lesser Grain Borers. FLEAS AND TICKS: Brown Dog Ticks, Fleas, and Ticks. LICE: Cattle Lice. SPIDERS & MITES: Cheese Mites, Clover Mites, Grain Mites, Mites, and Spiders. WEEVILS: Bean Weevils, Granary Weevils, Maize Weevils, and Rice Weevils. MOTHS: Almond Moths, Chocolate Moths, Clothes Moths, Cocoa Bean Moths, and Mediterranean Flour Moths. WORMS: Dark Mealworms, Lesser Mealworms, and Yellow Mealworms. BEETLES: Black Carpet Beetles, Carpet Beetles, Darkling Beetles, Dermestid Beetles, Driedfruit Beetles, Drugstore Beetles, Flat Grain Beetles, Foreign Grain Beetles, Fungus Beetles, Ground Beetles, Hide Beetles, Merchant Grain Beetles, Mexican Grain Beetles, Red Flour Beetles, Redhorned Grain Beetles, Rusty Grain Beetles, Sawtoothed Grain Beetles, Spider Beetles, Trogoderma Beetles, and Whitemarked Spider Beetles.
CONDITIONS OF SALE AND WARRANTY
Follow the Directions for Use. It is impossible to eliminate all risks inherently associated with use of this product, and therefore all such risk shall be assumed by the Buyer. McLaughlin Gormley King Company (“MGK”) warrants that this product conforms to the chemical description on the label and is reasonably fit for the purposes referred to in the Directions for Use, subject to the inherent risks, referred to above. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW: (A) MGK MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY, (B) BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND MGK’S AND SELLER’S EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAYMENT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT, AND (C) MGK AND THE SELLER DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR HANDLING OF THIS PRODUCT. MGK and the Seller offer this product, and the Buyer accepts it, subject to these Conditions of Sale and Warranty which may be varied only by agreement in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of MGK.
ULD® is a registered trademark of McLaughlin Gormley King Company.
Manufactured for MGK®.
©2019 MGK. All rights reserved.
7325 Aspen Lane North, Minneapolis, MN 55428
EPA Reg. No. 1021-2838
EPA Est. No. 1021-MN-2
Presentation: 1 gallon bottle and 55 gallon drum.
7325 ASPEN LANE NORTH, MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55428
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the ULD BP-100 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2021 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-10-04