Tilmovet AC (Canada)This page contains information on Tilmovet AC for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tilmovet AC Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tilmovet AC
- Direction and dosage information for Tilmovet AC
Tilmovet ACThis treatment applies to the following species:
tilmicosin phosphate oral concentrate
DIN # 02512564
For veterinary use only
Aqueous concentrate for oral solution.
For use in swine drinking water only.
1. Treated swine must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 8 days after the latest treatment with this drug.
2. Tilmovet AC may cause irritation or sensitization by skin contact. Avoid direct skin contact. Wear overalls and impervious gloves when mixing and handling the product.
Wash hands after handling the product.
Wash affected parts if skin contact occurs. Avoid contact with eyes. If accidental eye contact occurs, immediately rinse thoroughly with water.
3. To limit the development of antimicrobial resistance, Tilmovet AC should only be used in swine when an outbreak of SRD is confirmed.
4. Keep out of reach of children.
5. To report adverse events in users or to obtain occupational safety information, call 1-800-265-1763.
Tilmovet AC is a concentrate formulation containing the antibiotic tilmicosin. Tilmicosin is produced semi-synthetically and is in the macrolide class of antibiotics.
Tilmovet AC Indications
As an aid in reducing the severity of swine respiratory disease (SRD) associated with Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Pasteurella multocida and Haemophilus parasuis in groups of pigs experiencing an outbreak of SRD.
As an aid in reducing the severity of swine respiratory disease (SRD) associated with Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae in the presence of the Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV) in groups of swine in buildings where a respiratory disease outbreak is diagnosed.
Dosage and Administration
To reduce the development of antimicrobial resistance and maintain effectiveness, use this antibiotic prudently.
Important: must be diluted before administration to pigs.
Administer continuously in drinking water for 5 consecutive days at a concentration of 200 mg tilmicosin per litre (80 ml Tilmovet AC per 100 litres of water), which is equivalent to a daily dose of 20 mg tilmicosin per kg of body weight for pigs that are drinking 10% of their body weight.
One 960 mL bottle of Tilmovet AC is sufficient to medicate 1200 litres of drinking water for pigs.
Unused medicated solution should be discarded if not used within 24 hours.
1. The effects of Tilmovet AC on porcine reproductive performance, pregnancy and lactation have not been determined.
2. For oral use only. Contains disodium edetate; do not inject. Tilmovet AC may be highly toxic if administered parenterally.
3. Severely ill animals tend to drink less and should be treated parenterally with a suitable injectable veterinary drug.
1. Do not use in animals hypersensitive to tilmicosin.
2. Do not allow horses and other equines access to drinking water containing tilmicosin.
Store at 15-30°C. Store in the original container. Protect from direct sunlight.
Shelf life of the opened bottle: 3 months.
Unused product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with national requirements.
MANUFACTURED BY: HUVEPHARMA EOOD, 3a, Nikolay Haytov Street, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
DISTRIBUTED BY: Huvepharma Canada Corporation Inc., 275 Slater Street, suite 900, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H9
275 SLATER STREET, SUITE 1800, OTTAWA, ON, K1P 5H9
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-11-27