Starbar Cattle Armor 1% Synergized Pour OnThis page contains information on Starbar Cattle Armor 1% Synergized Pour On for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Starbar Cattle Armor 1% Synergized Pour On Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Starbar Cattle Armor 1% Synergized Pour On
- Direction and dosage information for Starbar Cattle Armor 1% Synergized Pour On
Starbar Cattle Armor 1% Synergized Pour OnThis treatment applies to the following species:
Current label information has not been provided by the product owner.
This information is provided as a service to our users.
CONTROLS: Flies, Keds, and Lice
FOR USE AS: Pour On, Mist Spray or Back Rubber
FOR USE ON: Beef Cattle, Lactating and Non-Lactating Dairy Cattle, Calves, and Sheep
* Treats 46 Cattle (<550 lbs per animal)
*(butylcarbityl)(6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds.
**Contains Petroleum Distillates
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Starbar Cattle Armor 1% Synergized Pour On Caution
EPA Reg. No. 89459-70
EPA Est. No. 2724-TX-1
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Starbar Cattle Armor 1% Synergized Pour On Caution
Contains petroleum distillate. Harmful if inhaled. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Avoid breathing spray mist. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Wear long-sleeve shirt and long pants, socks, shoes, and gloves. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Personal Protective Equipment
Mixers, loaders, applicators (except for hand-held foggers or fog/mist generator use in indoor spaces) and other handlers must wear the following: Long-sleeve shirt; long pants; shoes and socks; chemical-resistant gloves for all handlers made of barrier laminate, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber or viton; and chemical-resistant apron for mixers, loaders, persons cleaning equipment and persons exposed to the concentrate and for handlers performing animal dip applications.
In addition to the above PPE, applicators using hand-held foggers or fog/mist generators in indoor spaces must wear: Coveralls over long-sleeve shirt and long pants; chemical-resistant gloves; chemical-resistant footwear plus socks; chemical-resistant headgear, if overhead exposure; and a half-face, full-face or hood-style NIOSH approved respirator with a dust/mist filtering cartridge (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-21C), a canister approved for pesticides (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-14G), or a cartridge or canister with any N, R, P, or HE filter.
User Safety Requirements:
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product’s concentrate. Do not reuse them.
USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
● Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
● Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
● Move person to fresh air.
● If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth if possible.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Immediately call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give any liquid to the person.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
HOT LINE NUMBER: Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison central center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-347-8272 for emergency medical treatment information.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Contains petroleum distillate - vomiting may cause aspiration pneumonia.
This product is extremely toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Drift and run-off may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate.
This product may contaminate water through run-off. This product has a potential for run-off for several months or more after application. Poorly draining soils and soils with shallow water tables are prone to produce run-off that contains this product. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. See Directions for Use for additional precautions and requirements.
This pesticide is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
● Apply this product only as specified on the label.
● Do not contaminate food or feedstuffs.
● Application is prohibited in the State of California for control of sheep keds and lice on sheep.
● Do not use in aircraft cabins.
● Do not make applications during rain.
● Do not make applications with a sponge.
● Do not breathe spray mist.
● Do not use this product directly on domestic (companion) animals (dogs, cats, puppies, or kittens).
● This product is not for use in outdoor residential misting systems (indoor or outdoor), or in metered release misting systems.
● Except when applying to livestock, do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift.
● Except when applying to livestock, do not enter or allow others to enter treated area until sprays have dried.
● Except when applying to livestock, only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
● Do not use in food/feed areas of food handling establishments, restaurants, or other areas where food is commercially prepared or processed. Do not use in serving areas while food is exposed or facility is in operation. Serving areas are areas where food is served, such as dining rooms, but excluding areas where foods may be prepared or held.
● Remove or cover exposed food and drinking water before application. Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment, and food preparation surfaces or wash them before use.
● When used in dairy barns or facilities; close milk bulk tank lids to prevent contamination from spray and from dead or falling insects. Remove or cover milking utensils before application. Wash teats of animals before milking.
● Application of this product is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to storm sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow this product to enter any drain during or after application.
● Remove pets, birds, and cover fish aquariums and ornamental fish ponds before spraying, and turn aquarium systems off prior to use.
READY TO USE - No dilution necessary
Lactating and Non-Lactating Dairy Cattle, Beef Cattle and Calves
Lice, Horn Flies, Face Flies, Aids in control of Horse Flies, Stable Flies, House Flies, Mosquitoes and Black Flies
DOSAGE: Apply 1/2 fl oz (15 cc) per 100 lbs body wt. of animal up to a maximum of 5 fl oz for any one animal.
POUR ON: Pour correct dose along back and down face.
READY TO USE SPRAY: Use undiluted in a mist sprayer to apply correct dose. Apply directly to neck, face, back, legs and ears.
BACK RUBBER USE: Mix one pint per gallon #2 diesel or mineral oil. Keep rubbing device charged. Results improved by daily forced use.
Sheep Keds*, Lice*
Pour along back. Apply 1/4 fl oz (7.5 cc) per 50 lbs body wt. of animal, up to a maximum of 3 fl oz for any one animal. For optimum control, all animals in the flock should be treated after shearing.
Premises - in and around Horse, Beef, Dairy, Swine, Sheep and Poultry premises. Animal Hospital Pens and Kennels and “outside” Meat Processing Premises.
House Flies, Stable Flies, Face Flies, Gnats, Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fleas, Little House Flies (Fannia spp.). Aids in control of Cockroaches, Ants, Spiders, and Crickets.
For use as a ready-to-use spot spray or premise spray, use undiluted in a mist sprayer. Apply directly to surface to leave a residual insecticidal coating, paying particular attention to areas where insects crawl or alight. One gallon will treat approximately 7,300 square feet.
*Not registered in the State of California for control of Sheep Keds and Lice on Sheep.
Apply 1/2 fl oz per 100 lbs body weight of animal, up to a maximum of 5 fl oz for any one animal to kill Lice Horn Flies and Face Flies. Aids in insecticidal control of Horse Flies, Stable Flies, Mosquitoes and Black Flies on lactating and non-lactating dairy cattle, beef cattle, calves and sheep. For sheep, apply 1/4 fl oz per 50 lbs body weight of animal, up to a maximum of 3 fl oz for any one animal. Pour-On: Pour along back line and down face. For Keds* on sheep*, pour along back line over neck, shoulders and rump. Ready-To-Use Spray: Use undiluted in a mist sprayer to apply correct dose. Apply directly to neck, face, back, legs and ears. For Pour-On and Ready-To-Use Spray applications, repeat treatment as needed but do not exceed 5 fl oz for any one animal on cattle or 3 fl oz for any one animal on sheep during any 14 day interval. For optimum insecticidal effectiveness against lice, a second treatment at 14 day intervals is recommended. Back Rubber Use: Mix one pint per gallon #2 diesel or mineral oil. Keep rubbing device charged. For Back Rubber applications, results are improved by daily forced use. For cattle and sheep, repeat treatment as needed, but not more often than once every two weeks. For optimum lice control, two treatments at a 14-day interval are recommended.
Special Note: This product is not effective in controlling cattle grubs.
This product is an oil-based, ready-to-use product that may leave an oily appearance on the hair coat of some animals.
This product should be used in an integrated pest management system which may involve repeat treatments and the use of other pest control practices.
*Not registered in the State of California for the control of Sheep Keds and Lice on Sheep.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry and secure area. Store in original sealed container away from food or feed.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Wastes resulting from the use of this product must be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Triple rinse container (or equivalent) promptly after emptying. Triple rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Fill the container 1/4 full with water and recap. Shake for 10 seconds. Pour rinsate into application equipment or a mix tank or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Repeat this procedure two more times. Offer for recycling if available or reconditioning if appropriate, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill or by other procedures approved by state and local authorities.
CONDITIONS OF SALE AND LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
NOTICE: Read the entire Directions for Use and Conditions of Sale and Limitation of Warranty and Liability before buying or using this product. If the terms are not acceptable, return the product at once, unopened, and the purchase price will be refunded.
The Directions for Use of this product must be followed carefully. It is impossible to eliminate all risks inherently associated with the use of this product. Ineffectiveness or other unintended consequences may result because of such factors as manner of use or application, weather, presence of other materials or other influencing factors in the use of the product, which are beyond the control of Central Garden & Pet Company or Seller. All such risks shall be assumed by Buyer and User, and Buyer and User agree to hold Central Garden & Pet Company and Seller harmless for any claims relating to such factors.
Central Garden & Pet Company warrants that this product conforms to the chemical description on the label and is reasonably fit for the purposes stated in the Directions for Use, subject to the inherent risks referred to above, when used in accordance with directions under normal use conditions. This warranty does not extend to the use of this product contrary to label instructions, or under abnormal conditions or under conditions not reasonably foreseeable to or beyond the control of Seller or Central Garden & Pet Company, and Buyer and User assume the risk of any such use. To the extent consistent with applicable law, CENTRAL GARDEN & PET COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE NOR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY EXCEPT AS STATED ABOVE.
In no event shall Central Garden & Pet Company or Seller be liable for any incidental, consequential or special damages resulting from the use or handling of this product. To the extent consistent with applicable law, THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE USER OR BUYER, AND THE EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY OF CENTRAL GARDEN & PET COMPANY AND SELLER FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR HANDLING OF THIS PRODUCT, SHALL BE THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR, AT THE ELECTION OF CENTRAL GARDEN & PET COMPANY OR SELLER, THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT.
Central Garden & Pet Company and Seller offer this product, and Buyer and User accept it, subject to the foregoing Conditions of Sale and Limitation of Warranty and Liability, which may not be modified except by written agreement signed by a duly authorized representative of Central Garden & Pet Company.
Manufactured for: Central Garden & Pet Company, 1501 East Woodfield Road, 200W, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
NOTE: This specimen label is for informational purposes only. All uses may not be approved in all states. See product labeling for use directions.
Starbar with design is a registered trademark of Wellmark International.
© 2016 Wellmark International.
NET CONTENTS: 1 GAL, 2.5 GAL, 55 GAL
1501 E. WOODFIELD ROAD, SUITE 200 WEST, SCHAUMBURG, IL, 60173
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-29