SNAP Lepto TestThis page contains information on SNAP Lepto Test for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- SNAP Lepto Test Indications
- Warnings and cautions for SNAP Lepto Test
- Direction and dosage information for SNAP Lepto Test
SNAP Lepto TestThis treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Leptospira Antibody Test Kit
For veterinary use only.
In vitro diagnostic for the detection of anti-Leptospira antibodies to the serovars Grippotyphosa, Canicola, Pomona, and Icterohaemorrhagiae in canine serum.
Precautions and Warnings
● All wastes should be properly decontaminated prior to disposal.
● Do not mix components from kits with different serial numbers.
● Do not use a SNAP device that has been activated prior to the addition of sample.
● This test kit cannot differentiate between antibodies to pathogenic and nonpathogenic serovars (Autumnalis and Bratislava).
● This test kit cannot differentiate between antibodies produced as a result of a natural infection with the organism and those produced by vaccination.
● WARNING: Conjugate - H316/P332+P313/EUH208. Causes mild skin irritation. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Contains Kathon. May produce an allergic reaction.
● Store at 2-8°C until expiration date.
● All components must be at room temperature (18-25°C) before running the test.
1 bottle of Leptospira Antigen:HRPO Conjugate (Preserved with gentamicin and Kathon)
5 or 10
Reagents contained in each device:
Wash Solution (preserved with Kathon)
Other Components: transfer pipettes, sample tubes and reagent rack
● Samples must be at room temperature 18-25°C before beginning the test procedure.
● Serum, either fresh or stored at 2-8°C for up to one week, can be used.
● For longer storage, serum can be frozen (-20°C or colder) and then recentrifuged before use.
● Hemolyzed or lipemic samples will not affect test results.
1. Allow all components to equilibrate at room temperature 18-25°C for 30 minutes before use. Do not heat.
2. Using the pipette provided, dispense 3 drops of sample into a new sample tube.
3. Holding the bottle vertical, add 4 drops of conjugate to the sample tube.
4. Cap the sample tube and mix it thoroughly by inverting it 3-5 times.
5. Place the device on a horizontal surface. Add the entire contents of the sample tube to the sample well, being careful not to splash the contents outside of the sample well.
The sample will flow across the result window, reaching the activation circle in 30-60 seconds. Some sample may remain in the sample well.
6. When color FIRST appears in the activation circle, push the activator firmly until it is flush with the device body.
Note: Some samples may not flow to the activation circle within 60 seconds, and therefore, the circle may not turn color. In this case, press the activator after the sample has flowed across the result window.
7. Read test result at 10 minutes.
Note: The positive control may develop sooner, but results are not complete until 10 minutes.
Interpreting The Test Results
Any color development in the sample spots indicates the presence of anti-Leptospira antibody in the sample.
Note: A positive result indicates presence of antibodies to any of the following serovars: Grippotyphosa, Canicola, Pomona, and Icterohaemorrhagiae. The sample spot cannot differentiate between the four serovars.
Only positive control spot develops color.
1. Background - If the sample is allowed to flow past the activation circle, background color may result. Some background color is normal. However, if colored background obscures test result, repeat the test.
2. No Color Development - If the positive control does not develop color, repeat the test.
Performance Summary by MAT Titer
IDEXX Technical Support
USA/Canada 1 800 248 2483
Europe 00800 1234 3399
Australia 1300 44 33 99
U.S. Vet. License No. 313
Product Code 5052.50
*SNAP is a trademark or registered trademark of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Patent information: idexx.com/patents.
© 2015 IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
IDEXX, One IDEXX Drive, Westbrook, Maine 04092 USA
NAC No.: 1116073.1
ONE IDEXX DRIVE, WESTBROOK, ME, 04092
|Pet Diagnostics/Order Desk:||800-248-2483|
|Poultry/Livestock Order Desk:||800-943-3999|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the SNAP Lepto Test information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-10-31