SNAP Combo FeLV Ag/FIV Antibody Test KitThis page contains information on SNAP Combo FeLV Ag/FIV Antibody Test Kit for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- SNAP Combo FeLV Ag/FIV Antibody Test Kit Indications
- Warnings and cautions for SNAP Combo FeLV Ag/FIV Antibody Test Kit
- Direction and dosage information for SNAP Combo FeLV Ag/FIV Antibody Test Kit
SNAP Combo FeLV Ag/FIV Antibody Test KitThis treatment applies to the following species:
Feline Leukemia Virus Antigen-Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Antibody Test Kit
For veterinary use only.
The SNAP Combo FeLV Ag/FIV Antibody Test is a rapid immunoassay for simultaneous detection of feline leukemia virus (FeLV) antigen and antibody to feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) in feline serum, plasma or whole blood. The presence of FeLV p27 antigen is diagnostic for FeLV infection, and the presence of specific antibodies to FIV indicates that a cat has been exposed to FIV and may have an active FIV infection.
1 bottle, anti-FeLV/FIV Ag: HRPO conjugate
(Preserved with gentamicin and ProClin™ 150)
4.5 mL or 8.5 mL
5, 15 or 30
Reagents contained in each device:
Wash solution (preserved with ProClin™ 150)
Other components: transfer pipettes, sample tubes and reagent rack
Store devices and test reagents at 2-8°C. All components must be at room temperature (18-25°C) before running the test-do not heat.
Precautions and warnings
● FIV antigen used in the conjugate has been chemically inactivated.
● Do not mix components from kits with different serial numbers.
● Do not use a SNAP device that has been activated prior to the addition of sample.
● WARNING: Conjugate - H316/P332+P313/EUH208. Causes mild skin irritation. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Contains ProClin™ 150. May produce an allergic reaction.
● Samples must be at room temperature (18-25°C) before beginning the test procedure.
● Serum, plasma or anticoagulated whole blood (e.g., EDTA, heparin), either fresh or stored at 2-8°C for up to one week, can be used.
● For longer storage, serum or plasma can be frozen (-20°C or colder) and then recentrifuged before use.
● Hemolyzed or lipemic samples will not affect results.
1. Allow all components to equilibrate at room temperature (18-25°C) for 30 minutes before use. Do not heat.
2. Using the pipette provided, dispense 3 drops of sample into a new sample tube.
3. Holding the bottle vertical, add 4 drops of conjugate to the sample tube.
4. Cap the sample tube and mix it thoroughly by inverting it 3-5 times.
5. Place the device on a horizontal surface. Add the entire contents of the sample tube to the sample well, being careful not to splash the contents outside of the sample well.
The sample will flow across the result window, reaching the activation circle in 30-60 seconds. Some sample may remain in the sample well.
6. When color FIRST appears in the activation circle, push the activator firmly until it is flush with the device body.
Note: Some samples may not flow to the activation circle within 60 seconds and, therefore, the circle may not turn color. In this case, press the activator after the sample has flowed across the result window.
7. Test results must be read at 10 minutes from the time of activation.
Note: The positive control may develop sooner, but results are not complete until 10 minutes.
Interpreting Test Results
Any color development in the sample spots indicates the presence of FIV antibody or FeLV antigen in the sample.
Only the positive control spot develops color.
Reaction With Negative Control
The negative control spot serves as a safeguard against diagnosing false positives, and helps indicate that the assay has been run properly.
If color in the negative control spot is equal to or darker than the FIV antibody or FeLV antigen sample spot, the test is invalid for that spot.
● Background-If the sample is allowed to flow past the activation circle, background color may result. Some background color is normal. However, if colored background obscures the test result, repeat the test.
● No color development-If the positive control does not develop color, repeat the test.
Idexx Snapshot Dx* Analyzer
Test results can also be read using the SNAPshot Dx analyzer. A complete description of how to enter patient data and read test results using the SNAPshot Dx analyzer can be found in the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer Operator’s Guide.
IDEXX Technical Support
USA/Canada: 1 800 248 2483 • idexx.com
Australia: 1300 44 33 99 • idexx.com.au
*SNAP, SNAPshot Dx, and PetChek are trademarks or registered trademarks of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Patent information: idexx.com/patents.
© 2021 IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
IDEXX, One IDEXX Drive, Westbrook, Maine 04092 USA
ONE IDEXX DRIVE, WESTBROOK, ME, 04092
|Pet Diagnostics/Order Desk:||800-248-2483|
|Poultry/Livestock Order Desk:||800-943-3999|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30