Rabvac 3This page contains information on Rabvac 3 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Rabvac 3 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Rabvac 3
- Direction and dosage information for Rabvac 3
Rabvac 3This treatment applies to the following species:
For use in dogs, cats and horses only.
This product is restricted for use by or under the supervision of a veterinarian.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy dogs, cats and horses 3 months of age or older against rabies virus. The duration of immunity for dogs and cats is at least 36 months and the duration of immunity for horses is at least 12 months. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Rabvac 3 Dosage And Administration
Dogs and cats: Inject one 1 mL dose subcutaneously or at one site in the thigh intramuscularly at 3 months of age or older. Revaccinate one year later and every 3 years thereafter.
Horses: Inject one 2 mL dose intramuscularly at 3 months of age or older. NOTE: Two 1 mL vials must be used. Revaccinate one year later and annually thereafter. Do not vaccinate horses within 21 days before slaughter.
● Store between 2° and 8°C (35° and 46°F). Do not freeze. Shake well before use. Use entire contents when first opened. This product has not been tested in pregnant animals. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
● The use of a biological may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
● A local reaction may occur at the injection site following subcutaneous administration.
● Gentamicin and thimerosal added as preservatives.
Rabvac 3 Caution
In the absence of a veterinarian-client-patient relationship, Federal law prohibits the relabeling, repackaging, resale, or redistribution of the individual contents of this package.
Rabvac, Elanco and the diagonal bar logo are trademarks of Elanco or its affiliates.
© 2017 Elanco US Inc. all rights reserved.
Elanco US Inc., Fort Dodge, IA 50501
10 Doses/10 mL
50 Doses: 50-1 mL Vials of Vaccine
100 Doses: 10 x 10 mL
Distributed by ELANCO US, INC.
2500 INNOVATION WAY, GREENFIELD, IN, 46140
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Rabvac 3 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21