Pyranha InsecticideThis page contains information on Pyranha Insecticide for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Pyranha Insecticide Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Pyranha Insecticide
- Direction and dosage information for Pyranha Insecticide
Pyranha InsecticideThis treatment applies to the following species:
For Horses & Premises
KILLS AND REPELS:
Stable Flies, Horse Flies, Face Flies, Deer Flies, House Flies, Horn Flies, Mosquitoes, & Gnats!
GROOMING AID & CONDITIONER
*(butylcarbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds
**Contains Petroleum Distillates
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Pyranha Insecticide Caution
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
● Except when applying directly to animals, do not allow people or pets to enter the treated area until sprays have dried or vapors, mists and aerosols have dispersed and the treated area has been thoroughly ventilated
● Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of the area during application
● Do not remain in treated area. Exit area immediately and remain outside the treated area until aerosols, vapors and/or mists have dispersed
● Remove pets or animals when spraying animal premises
● Only spray in well ventilated areas
● Not for use on meat or dairy animals, poultry or horses or foals intended for slaughter
● Not for use in farm structures or buildings housing food producing animals or poultry or in milk rooms
● Do not allow product to contact animal’s eyes, nose, mouth or sores during application
● Do not use on foals, puppies or kittens under 12 weeks old
● Remove or cover exposed food and drinking water before application
● Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment and food preparation surfaces or wash them before use
● Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application
● Remove pets, birds and cover fish aquariums before surface spraying.
Hold container upright, with nozzle pointed away from you and press actuator button, spraying as directed.
TO TREAT HORSES:
To protect horses from attacks of stable flies, horse flies, deer flies, house flies, horn flies, mosquitoes and gnats, spray about 3 seconds on each side being careful to spray legs, belly, neck, back and sides. Cover eyes when spraying face, or spray on sponge or cloth and apply to face as a wipe. Brushing animal after applying will bring out a bright sheen.
TO KILL AND REPEL FLYING INSECTS IN ANIMAL QUARTERS:
Spray in areas where insects congregate at a rate of 1 second per square foot. Direct spray to contact insects for rapid knockdown and kill. Spray around door facings and screens to render area unattractive to insects. This helps to repel insects and prevent entrance into building.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS & DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Pyranha Insecticide Caution
Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before reuse.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-231-2966 for emergency medical treatment information.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Do not give any liquid to the person.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If on skin or clothing
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Contains petroleum distillate - vomiting may cause aspiration pneumonia.
Physical Or Chemical Hazards
Extremely flammable. Contents under pressure. Keep away from fire, sparks and heated surfaces. Exposure to temperatures above 130°F may cause bursting.
This pesticide is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not apply directly to or near water. Drift and run-off may be hazardous to fish in water adjacent to treated areas. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate. See Directions for Use for additional precautions and requirements.
This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.
StorageDo not store near heat or open flame.
DisposalDo not puncture or incinerate!
If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partially filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
Manufactured Exclusively for: PYRANHA INCORPORATED, 6602 Cunningham Road, Houston, TX 77041
EPA Reg. No. 21165-1
EPA Est. No. 44446-TX-1
NET WT: 15 OZ. (425g)
NAC No.: 16880020
6602 CUNNINGHAM ROAD, HOUSTON, TX, 77041
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Pyranha Insecticide information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-08-21