Pulmotil AC (Canada)This page contains information on Pulmotil AC for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Pulmotil AC Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Pulmotil AC
- Direction and dosage information for Pulmotil AC
Pulmotil ACThis treatment applies to the following species:
tilmicosin phosphate oral concentrate
For veterinary use only
Aqueous concentrate for oral solution
For use in swine drinking water only
1. Treated swine must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 8 days after the latest treatment with this drug.
2. Pulmotil AC may cause irritation or sensitization by skin contact. Avoid direct skin contact. Wear overalls and impervious gloves when mixing and handling the product. Wash hands after handling the product. Wash affected parts if skin contact occurs. Avoid contact with eyes. If accidental eye contact occurs, immediately rinse thoroughly with water.
3. To limit the development of antimicrobial resistance, Pulmotil AC should only be used in swine when an outbreak of SRD is confirmed.
4. Keep out of reach of children.
5. To report adverse events in users or to obtain occupational safety information, call 1-800-265-5475.
tilmicosin (as tilmicosin phosphate)
Pulmotil AC is a concentrate formulation containing the antibiotic tilmicosin. Tilmicosin is produced semi-synthetically and is in the macrolide class of antibiotics.
Pulmotil AC Indications
As an aid in reducing the severity of swine respiratory disease (SRD) associated with Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Pasteurella multocida and Haemophilus parasuis in groups of pigs experiencing an outbreak of SRD.
As an aid in reducing the severity of swine respiratory disease (SRD) associated with Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae in the presence of the Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV) in groups of swine in buildings where a respiratory disease outbreak is diagnosed.
Dosage and Administration
Important: must be diluted before administration to pigs.
Administer continuously in drinking water for 5 consecutive days at a concentration of 200 mg tilmicosin per litre (80 mL Pulmotil AC per 100 litres of water), which is equivalent to a daily dose of 20 mg tilmicosin per kg of body weight for pigs that are drinking 10% of their body weight.
One 960 mL bottle of Pulmotil AC is sufficient to medicate 1200 litres of drinking water for pigs.
Unused medicated solution should be discarded if not used within 24 hours.
1. The effects of Pulmotil AC on porcine reproductive performance, pregnancy and lactation have not been determined.
2. For oral use only. Contains disodium edetate; do not inject. Pulmotil AC may be highly toxic if administered parenterally.
3. Severely ill animals tend to drink less and should be treated parenterally with a suitable injectable veterinary drug.
1. Do not use in animals hypersensitive to tilmicosin.
2. Do not allow horses and other equines access to drinking water containing tilmicosin.
Store below 30°C. Protect from direct sunlight.
Shelf life of the opened bottle: 3 months.
Unused product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with national requirements.
Elanco, Pulmotil and the diagonal bar are trademarks owned or licensed by Eli Lilly and Company, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
OBSERVE LABEL DIRECTIONS
ELANCO, Division Eli Lilly Canada Inc., 150 Research Lane, Suite 120, Guelph, ON N1G 4T2, Canada
RESEARCH PARK CENTRE, 150 RESEARCH LANE, SUITE 120, GUELPH, ON, N1G 4T2
|Elanco Canada Limited Customer Service Telephone:||800-387-6325|
|Elanco Canada Limited Customer Service Fax:||800-827-5782|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Pulmotil AC information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-07-10