Poulvac Myco FThis page contains information on Poulvac Myco F for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Poulvac Myco F Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Poulvac Myco F
- Direction and dosage information for Poulvac Myco F
Poulvac Myco FThis treatment applies to the following species:
Mycoplasma Gallisepticum Vaccine
For Spray Use
CAUTION: USE ONLY IN STATES (U.S.) WHERE PERMITTED
DIRECTIONS FOR USE, READ CAREFULLY
Poulvac Myco F vaccine is a live vaccine containing the F strain of Mycoplasma gallisepticum in a freeze-dried preparation sealed under vacuum. It is recommended for use in healthy chickens 9 weeks of age or older by spray or intraocular administration to aid in prevention of clinical signs associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum infection.
WHEN TO VACCINATE: Poulvac Myco F should be administered to birds 9 weeks of age or older prior to field exposure and prior to the onset of egg production.
Poulvac Myco F should not be administered within 1 week before or after vaccination with live Newcastle, bronchitis or laryngotracheitis vaccines, or within 3 days before to 7 days after treatment with oxytetracycline or chlortetracycline.
For spray administration:
1. Do not open and mix the vaccine until ready for use.
2. Mix only one vial at a time and use entire contents within 1 hour.
3. Remove the tear-off aluminum seal from the vaccine vial without disturbing the rubber stopper.
4. Use cool, clean non-chlorinated drinking water to which evaporated milk has been added at a rate of one ounce per quart (30 mL per liter).
5. Holding the vial submerged in water, lift the lip of the rubber stopper so that the water is sucked into the vial.
6. Reseat the stopper and shake to thoroughly dissolve the vaccine. The vaccine is now ready for use.
Proper spray application of this vaccine is accomplished only through use of a clean sprayer emitting a coarse spray. Use the spray method only in houses that can be closed during vaccination and for at least 15 minutes thereafter. Cross winds, drafts, or operating ventilation fans may prevent effective application.
After rehydrating the vaccine, further dilute each 1,000 doses to 100 mL using the water with milk. Place vaccine in sprayer container. Spray droplets of 40-50 microns (coarse) average size are desirable.
Apply vaccine over all birds at the rate of one dose per square foot or one dose per bird, whichever is greater.
For intraocular administration:
1. To rehydrate 1 vial of vaccine with 1 vial of diluent, remove aluminum seal and rubber stopper from vaccine vial and diluent bottle. Avoid contamination of the stoppers and the contents.
2. Half-fill the vaccine vial with diluent.
3. Replace the stopper and shake the vial until vaccine material is dissolved.
4. Carefully pour the rehydrated-dissolved vaccine into the plastic diluent bottle. Replace the bottle stopper and shake once again to obtain a uniform mixture.
5. Remove diluent-bottle closure and fit drop dispenser into bottle. The vaccine is now ready for use.
6. To vaccinate intraocularly, hold bird and place 1 drop of vaccine into the eye. Allow the vaccine to spread over the eye before releasing the bird into a holding area for vaccinated birds.
Poulvac Myco F Caution
1. For veterinary use only.
2. Vaccinate only healthy birds. To avoid interference with development of protection, chickens to be vaccinated should not be given any antibiotic and/or sulfonamide medication for 3 days before and 7 days after vaccination.
3. All birds within a flock should be vaccinated on the same day. Isolate other susceptible birds on the premises from the birds being vaccinated.
4. Do not spill or spatter the vaccine. Use entire contents of vial when first opened. Burn empty bottles, caps and all unused vaccine and accessories.
5. Wash hands thoroughly after using the vaccine.
6. Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage.
7. Store at 2° to 7°C (35° to 45°F).
8. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
9. Mycoplasma gallisepticum F strain is known to produce clinical disease in turkeys. DO NOT ALLOW TURKEYS TO COME IN CONTACT WITH VACCINE OR VACCINATED CHICKENS.
PRESERVATIVE: This vaccine contains penicillin.
RECORDS: Keep a record of vaccine type, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and location of the birds; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
U.S. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT REPACKAGING OR SALE OF CONTENTS OF THIS CARTON IN FRACTIONAL UNITS. DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
10 x 1,000 Doses
10 x 5,000 Doses
10 x 10,000 Doses
NAC No.: 3690541.0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Poulvac Myco F information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-04-21