Nobivac Puppy-DPv (Canada)This page contains information on Nobivac Puppy-DPv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Puppy-DPv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Puppy-DPv
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Puppy-DPv
Nobivac Puppy-DPvThis treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Distemper-Parvovirus Vaccine
MODIFIED LIVE VIRUS
For veterinary use in dogs only
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, U.S. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Puppy-DPv is a modified live virus vaccine containing attenuated strains of canine distemper virus (CDV) and parvovirus (CPV). This vaccine is for vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine distemper virus and canine parvovirus.
Dosage and Administration
Aseptically reconstitute the desiccated vaccine with the sterile diluent provided and administer 1mL by the subcutaneous route or intramuscular route. Initial vaccination of healthy dogs may be given as early as 4 weeks of age, with booster injections administered every 3-4 weeks until the dog is 12 weeks of age. Dogs over 12 weeks of age should initially receive 2 doses 3-4 weeks apart. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
- Store at 2° - 7°C (35°-45°F).
- Do not freeze.
- Shake well before use.
- Use contents promptly once reconstituted.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
- Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
- Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
- Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
- The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 888 306-0069 (Canada)
NAC No.: 12082462
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Puppy-DPv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-02-06