Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADT (Canada)This page contains information on Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADT for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADT Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADT
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADT
Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADTThis treatment applies to the following species:
CANINE ADENOVIRUS TYPE 2-PARAINFLUENZA-BORDETELLA BRONCHISEPTICA VACCINE
Modified Live Virus and Avirulent Live Culture
(Advanced Delivery Technology)
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Intra-Trac®3 ADT vaccine is for use as an aid in the prevention of disease associated with canine adenovirus type 2, canine parainfluenza virus and Bordetella bronchiseptica infection in healthy dogs 3 weeks of age or older. These agents have been implicated as playing a role in the etiology of the condition known as canine kennel cough. Duration of Immunity (DOI) has been demonstrated to be at least one year for Bordetella bronchiseptica. The recommended dose is 0.5 mL of rehydrated vaccine administered intranasally into one or both nostrils. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
FOR INTRANASAL USE ONLY.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Nobivac® Intra-Trac®3 ADT vaccine is recommended for use as an aid in the prevention of disease associated with canine adenovirus type 2, canine parainfluenza virus and Bordetella bronchiseptica infection in healthy dogs 3 weeks of age or older. These agents have been implicated as playing a role in the etiology of the condition known as canine kennel cough. Duration of Immunity (DOI) has been demonstrated to be at least one year for Bordetella bronchiseptica.
When To Vaccinate
Vaccinate dogs intranasally at 3 weeks of age or older. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
PREPARATION OF THE VACCINE
1. Hold the vaccine vial in an upright position. Flip the top up and pull to the left. The tear-off aluminum seal is connected to the flip top and will be easily removed. Remove, but do not discard the rubber stopper.
2. Hold the nasal applicator in the upright position. If the diluent is visible in the neck portion of the nasal applicator, gently tap the applicator to force the diluent into the chamber. Hold the applicator by the neck and pull off the tip.
3. Once the tip has been removed, carefully insert the neck of the nasal applicator into the upright vaccine vial.
4. Gently squeeze the diluent out of the nasal applicator into the vaccine vial. Do not discard the nasal applicator.
5. Replace the rubber stopper on the vaccine vial and shake gently until the vaccine is fully rehydrated.
6. Remove the rubber stopper from the vaccine vial and insert the neck of the nasal applicator into the upright vaccine vial.
7. Gently squeeze and release the nasal applicator so that the rehydrated vaccine is drawn back into the nasal applicator.
8. While holding the nasal applicator in an upright position, slide a nasal disk over the neck of the nasal applicator.
9. The vaccine is now ready to use.
Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADT Dosage And Administration
The recommended dose is 0.5 mL of rehydrated vaccine administered intranasally. The vaccine is instilled using a nasal disk. By gently squeezing the body of the nasal applicator, squirt the rehydrated vaccine into one or both nostrils of the dog.
Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADT Caution
1. THIS PRODUCT IS DESIGNED FOR INTRANASAL USE ONLY WITH THE ENCLOSED DILUENT. Systemic reactions resulting from inadvertent intramuscular or subcutaneous injection have been reported. Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, inappetence, jaundice and death associated with liver failure. Localized tissue necrosis at the injection site has also been reported. If inadvertent injection occurs, monitor the dog closely. Supportive therapy including IV fluids and treatment with gentamicin, tetracycline, trimethoprim/sulfa, or amoxicillin/clavulanic acid may be indicated. If anaphylactoid reaction occurs, use epinephrine.
2. Post vaccinal reactions consisting of mild canine cough may occur following use of this vaccine.
3. For animal use only. Store at 2° - 7°C (35° - 45°F). Use entire contents when first opened. Burn all nasal applicators, vaccine vials and all unused contents.
4. This vaccine contains penicillin, streptomycin and nystatin as preservatives.
d/b/a Merck Animal Health
Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Intra-Trac3 ADT information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21