Nobivac Canine 3-DAPvThis page contains information on Nobivac Canine 3-DAPv for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Canine 3-DAPv Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Canine 3-DAPv
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Canine 3-DAPv
Nobivac Canine 3-DAPvThis treatment applies to the following species:
CANINE DISTEMPER-ADENOVIRUS TYPE 2-PARVOVIRUS VACCINE
Modified Live Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Canine 3-DAPv is a modified live virus vaccine containing attenuated strains of canine distemper virus (CDV), adenovirus type 2 (CAV-2), and parvovirus (CPV). This vaccine is for vaccination of healthy dogs for prevention of disease caused by canine distemper virus and canine parvovirus and as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by canine adenovirus (both infectious canine hepatitis and infectious tracheobronchitis) for up to 3 years following initial and booster vaccinations. Protection against CAV-2 was demonstrated by serological response in dogs at 36 months following vaccination.
Dosage and Administration
Aseptically reconstitute the desiccated vaccine with the sterile diluent provided and administer 1mL by the subcutaneous route. Initial vaccination of healthy dogs may be given as early as 7 weeks of age, with booster injections administered every 3-4 weeks until the dog is 12 weeks of age. Dogs over 12 weeks of age should initially receive 2 doses 3-4 weeks apart. Revaccinate every three years with a single dose thereafter.
Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
• Store at 2° - 7°C (35°-45°F).
• Do not freeze.
• Shake well before use.
• Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
• Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
• Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
• Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
• Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
• Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
• The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
Intervet Inc., Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
NAC No.: 1047432.4
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Canine 3-DAPv information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-01-04