Mildvac-GA-98This page contains information on Mildvac-GA-98 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Mildvac-GA-98 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Mildvac-GA-98
- Direction and dosage information for Mildvac-GA-98
Mildvac-GA-98This treatment applies to the following species:
Georgia Type, Live Virus
DIRECTIONS FOR USE, READ CAREFULLY
This live virus vaccine is prepared from the Georgia type, GA98 strain, of Infectious Bronchitis virus. The virus has been propagated using SPF (Specific Pathogen Free) substrates.
Mildvac-GA-98 Indications For Use
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 1 day of age or older against infectious bronchitis virus, Georgia Type. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Many factors must be considered in determining the proper vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive chickens held in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the chickens and their immune status. Seldom does one vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals, in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter. For these reasons a program of periodic revaccination may be required.
Preparation Of The Vaccine
FOR COARSE SPRAY USE
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vial containing the lyophilized vaccine.
2. Carefully pour clean, cool, non-chlorinated water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
3. Insert the rubber stopper and shake vigorously until all material is dissolved.
4. The vaccine is now ready to be applied as per label in accordance with the directions below. For best results, be sure to follow directions carefully!
Coarse Spray Administration
FOR CHICKENS ONE DAY OF AGE OR OLDER
Calculate the water volume needed. For example, a machine which dispenses 21 ml to a box of 100 chickens - total volume for 10,000 doses is 2,100 ml of non-chlorinated water. For coarse spray in chicken houses, follow manufacturer’s direction for the particular spray machine. Add rehydrated vaccine and mix thoroughly.
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS.
2. All chickens should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. The revaccination of laying hens with live bronchitis vaccine may be detrimental to the flock.
4. Use entire contents when first opened.
5. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
6. Store at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F). Do not freeze.
7. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
8. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
9. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
10. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
11. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE REPACKAGING OR SALE OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CARTON IN FRACTIONAL UNITS. DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health, Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 1231.1L
1 800 211-3573 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
10 x 10,000 Doses
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-11-27