LT-Ivax (Canada)This page contains information on LT-Ivax for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- LT-Ivax Indications
- Warnings and cautions for LT-Ivax
- Direction and dosage information for LT-Ivax
LT-IvaxThis treatment applies to the following species:
FOWL LARYNGOTRACHEITIS VACCINE
Modified Live Virus
DIRECTIONS FOR USE, READ CAREFULLY
LT-IVAX is a live virus vaccine of chicken tissue culture origin containing a carefully selected fowl laryngotracheitis virus strain modified by passage in tissue culture. Because of the highly modified character of this vaccine, it does not offer the same degree of protection usually obtained from more virulent products. This vaccine contains a very mild attenuated virus and there is no danger of seeding down the premises with laryngotracheitis virus which can spread and cause the disease.
LT-Ivax Indications For Use
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 4 weeks of age or older against infectious fowl laryngotracheitis. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Many factors must be considered in determining the proper vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive chickens held in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the chickens and their immune status. Seldom does one vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter. For these reasons a program of periodic revaccination may be required.
If necessary, the vaccine may be used to aid in limiting the spread of an outbreak; however, only birds not yet infected with the virulent outbreak virus can be protected.
Examination of birds for vaccination “takes” is unnecessary and so-called “takes” are not to be expected. As with all live virus vaccines, a mild transitory reaction may occur in a small portion of the flock, and with LT-IVAX this is generally limited to a mild, localized eye reaction of short duration.
The application of Newcastle Disease or Bronchitis vaccines, either singly or in combination should be avoided for a three day period prior to and for three days after the application of LT-IVAX.
Rehydration Of The Vaccine
FOR INTRAOCULAR USE
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Mix only one vial at a time and use entire contents within 2 hours.
2. Remove the tear-off aluminum seal and stopper from vial containing the dried vaccine.
3. Remove the tear-off aluminum seal and stopper from the bottle containing the diluent. Insert long end of adapter into diluent bottle.
4. Hold the diluent bottle firmly in an upright position and insert the vaccine vial on the adapter of the diluent bottle. The neck of the vaccine vial should snap into position and should be seated securely on the adapter on the diluent bottle.
5. Invert the two containers so that the vaccine vial is on the bottom and allow the diluent to flow into the vaccine vial. If the diluent does not flow freely, squeeze the diluent bottle gently and the diluent will flow into the vaccine vial. The vaccine vial should be completely filled with diluent to prevent excess foaming.
6. Hold the joined containers by the ends; shake vigorously until the vaccine plug is completely dissolved.
7. Return the joined containers to their original position (diluent bottle on the bottom). Allow the vaccine to flow into the diluent bottle. If the vaccine does not flow into the diluent bottle, tap or squeeze the diluent bottle gently and release to draw the vaccine into the diluent bottle. Be sure all the product is removed from the vaccine vial.
8. Remove the vaccine vial and adapter from the neck of the diluent bottle and insert dropper applicator into plastic diluent bottle.
9. The vaccine is now ready to use.
10. Wash hands thoroughly after mixing the vaccine.
FOR CHICKENS 4 WEEKS (INITIAL) AND 10 WEEKS (REVACCINATION) OF AGE
Place one full drop of vaccine into the open eye. Do not release the bird until after it has swallowed.
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS.
2. An eye reaction may be noticed if birds are incubating coryza or other infectious organisms, or if there is excess ammonia or dust in the air of the housing facilities.
3. In outbreak situations, vaccinate healthy birds first, progressing toward outbreak areas in order to vaccinate diseased birds last.
4. Use entire contents when first opened.
5. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
6. Store at 2° to 8° C (35° to 46° F).
7. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
8. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
9. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
10. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
11. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE REPACKAGING OR SALE OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CARTON IN FRACTIONAL UNITS. DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health, Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 1601.01
1 800 211-3573 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
10 x 1,000 Doses
(Rehydrate to 30 mL)
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30