Lincomycin Spectinomycin 100 Soluble Powder (Canada)This page contains information on Lincomycin Spectinomycin 100 Soluble Powder for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Lincomycin Spectinomycin 100 Soluble Powder Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Lincomycin Spectinomycin 100 Soluble Powder
- Direction and dosage information for Lincomycin Spectinomycin 100 Soluble Powder
Lincomycin Spectinomycin 100 Soluble PowderThis treatment applies to the following species:
Soluble Powder for Swine and Chickens
lincomycin hydrochloride and spectinomycin hydrochloride soluble powder
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY / ANTIBIOTIC
Each 150 g jar contains:
Lincomycin base (as lincomycin hydrochloride)
Spectinomycin base (as spectinomycin hydrochloride)
Total antibiotic amount
Lincomycin Spectinomycin 100 Soluble Powder Indications
Swine: For the treatment of swine dysentery (bloody scours) associated with Serpulina (Treponema) hyodysenteriae.
Poultry: As an aid in the prevention and treatment of Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD, Air sacculitis) associated with mycoplasmal and coliform infections of growing chickens.
Dosage and Administration
To reduce the development of antimicrobial resistance and maintain effectiveness, use this antibiotic prudently.
Swine: Add the contents of this jar to 1500 liters of drinking water (provides 67 mg antibiotic activity per liter). For automatic medicators set to deliver 7.8 mL of stock solution per liter (1 oz per U.S. gallon) prepare stock solution by dissolving the contents of this jar in 11.7 liters of water.
Treatment: At the first sign of disease, administer medication at the above dosage as the sole source of drinking water for 4 to 7 days.
Poultry: Add the contents of this jar to 120 liters of drinking water (provides 833 mg antibiotic activity per liter). For automatic medicators set to deliver 7.8 mL of stock solution per liter of drinking water (1 oz per U.S. gallon), prepare stock solution by dissolving contents of this jar in 0.9 liters of water.
Prevention: To prevent losses due to CRD, administer at the above dosage for the first 3 to 5 days of life and again for one or two days at about 4 weeks of age. The longer period (5 days) of initial administration is recommended if disease has been a problem in the past on the premises.
Treatment: Begin treatment at the above dosage at the first sign of disease. Administer as the sole source of drinking water for 5 to 7 days.
Important: Fresh medicated drinking water should be provided daily. Store stock solutions in closed glass containers in a cool place and discard after 7 days.
1. Treated animals must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 72 hours for poultry and 5 days for swine after the latest treatment with this drug.
2. This product must not be used in laying birds.
3. When handling the product, avoid inhalation, oral exposure and direct contact with skin or eyes.
4. Keep out of reach of children.
1. Treated pigs may develop some stool softening or mild diarrhea within 18 to 36 hours. Signs of mild irritation and swelling of the anus and/or vulva may be associated with the stool changes. These adverse reactions are transient and are self-correcting by the fifth to seventh day of treatment. Should these reactions be more severe than described above, discontinue the use of the drug.
If no improvement in disease condition is noted after 3 to 5 days of treatment, the diagnosis should be re-evaluated.
2. Do not allow rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, horses, dairy cattle, or other ruminants access to feeds and/or drinking water containing lincomycin. Ingestion by these species may result in severe gastrointestinal effects or metabolic disorders (i.e. Ketosis in dairy cattle).
Store in a dry place between 2 and 30°C.
Manufactured by: Bio Agri Mix LP, PO Box 399, Mitchell, ON N0K 1N0
P.O. BOX 399, 11 ELLENS STREET, MITCHELL, ON, N0K 1N0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Lincomycin Spectinomycin 100 Soluble Powder information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-11-30