Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Dogs (over 55 lbs.)This page contains information on Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Dogs (over 55 lbs.) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Dogs (over 55 lbs.) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Dogs (over 55 lbs.)
- Direction and dosage information for Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Dogs (over 55 lbs.)
Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Dogs (over 55 lbs.)This treatment applies to the following species:
For use ONLY on dogs and puppies 7 weeks and older weighing over 55 lbs.
CONTAINS THE SAME ACTIVE INGREDIENTS USED IN ADVANTAGE® II* PRODUCTS
kills flea eggs
kills larval stages of fleas
4 Monthly Treatments
Starts working through contact
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Dogs (over 55 lbs.) Caution
DO NOT USE ON CATS
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Do not allow children to apply product.
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON DOGS OR ON PUPPIES 7 WEEKS OF AGE OR OLDER WEIGHING OVER 55 lbs.
DO NOT USE ON OTHER ANIMALS.
DO NOT EXCEED LABELED DOSAGE AMOUNT FOR DOGS.
DO NOT APPLY MORE THAN ONE (1) TUBE PER TREATMENT.
DO NOT HAVE CONTACT OR ALLOW CHILDREN TO HAVE CONTACT WITH TREATED AREA UNTIL COMPLETELY DRY.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Remove one applicator tube from the package.
2) Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet’s face and eyes.
3) Twist dispensing tip clockwise about 1/2 turn while pushing down to break the tube’s seal. Do not remove the dispensing tip.
4) The dog should be standing for easy application. Apply the entire contents of the tube evenly to three or four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not get this product in your dog’s eyes or allow your dog to ingest this product.
5) Discard empty tube as described in the Storage and Disposal section.
6) Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not re-treat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is obtained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
Side EffectsMonitor your dog after application. Side effects, although very rare, may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects (such as lethargy) occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-800-275-1414.
DO NOT USE ON CATS.
Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian immediately.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER HANDLING:
Non-refillable container. If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-275-1414 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS. CAUTION: Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
For external use only. Do not use on puppies under 7 weeks of age or weighing less than 55 lbs. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing dogs. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for dogs. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your dog is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For medical emergencies or consumer questions call 1-800-275-1414.
IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 - 20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment or advice.
For more information call our experts at 1-800-275-1414 (weekdays, 9 am - 5 pm E.S.T.)
EPA Reg. No. 2596-180
EPA Est. No. 2596-OH-1
Hartz® and other trademarks are trademarks of The Hartz Mountain Corporation.
Made by The Hartz Mountain Corporation, 400 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094 (USA)
*Hartz Advanced™ Flea Treatment for Dogs is not manufactured by or distributed by Bayer. Advantage® II is a registered trademark of Bayer Healthcare, LLC.
0.540 fl. oz. (16.0 ml.), Contains 4 tubes, each 0.135 fl. oz. (4.0 ml.)
400 PLAZA DRIVE, SECAUCUS, NJ, 07094-3688
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30