Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Cats (over 9 lbs.)This page contains information on Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Cats (over 9 lbs.) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Cats (over 9 lbs.) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Cats (over 9 lbs.)
- Direction and dosage information for Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Cats (over 9 lbs.)
Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Cats (over 9 lbs.)This treatment applies to the following species:
For use ONLY on cats 8 weeks and older and weighing over 9 lbs.
CONTAINS THE SAME ACTIVE INGREDIENTS USED IN ADVANTAGE® II* PRODUCTS
kills flea eggs
kills larval life stages
4 Monthly Treatments
Kills fleas for 30 days
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Cats (over 9 lbs.) Caution
For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea Infestations on Cats
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Do not allow children to apply product.
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON CATS OR KITTENS 8 WEEKS AND OLDER WEIGHING OVER 9 lbs.
DO NOT USE ON OTHER ANIMALS.
DO NOT EXCEED LABELED DOSAGE AMOUNT FOR CATS.
DO NOT APPLY MORE THAN ONE (1) TUBE PER TREATMENT ON ANY CAT.
DO NOT HAVE CONTACT OR ALLOW CHILDREN TO HAVE CONTACT WITH TREATED AREA UNTIL COMPLETELY DRY.
DO NOT USE ON CATS WEIGHING LESS THAN 2 LBS.
Side Effects (Cats): Monitor your cat after application. Side effects, although very rare, may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as hypersalivation, vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects (such as lethargy) occur, consult your veterinarian or call, 1-800-275-1414.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Remove one applicator tube from the package.
2) Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet’s face and eyes.
3) Twist dispensing tip clockwise about 1/2 turn while pushing down to break the tube’s seal. Do not remove the dispensing tip.
4) Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes, or allow your pet to ingest this product. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the pet licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Do not allow the product to run off.
5) Discard empty tube as described in the Storage and Disposal section.
6) Under normal conditions this product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four (4) weeks. On cats, do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly treatment schedule.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER HANDLING:
Non-refillable container. If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-275-1414 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS. CAUTION: Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling. Keep out of reach of children. Do not contaminate feed or food.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
For external use only. Do not apply to cats or kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 9 lbs. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing cats. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for cats. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your cat is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For medical emergencies or consumer questions call 1-800-275-1414.
IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 - 20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment or advice.
For more information call our experts at 1-800-275-1414 (weekdays, 9 am - 5 pm E.S.T.)
EPA Reg. No. 2596-181
EPA Est. No. 2596-OH-1
Hartz® and other trademarks are trademarks of The Hartz Mountain Corporation.
Made by The Hartz Mountain Corporation, 400 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094 (USA)
*Hartz Advanced™ Flea Treatment for Cats is not manufactured by or distributed by Bayer. Advantage® II is a registered trademark of Bayer Healthcare, LLC.
0.108 fl. oz. (3.2 ml.), Contains 4 tubes, each 0.027 fl. oz. (0.8 ml.)
NAC No.: 1036292.0
400 PLAZA DRIVE, SECAUCUS, NJ, 07094-3688
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Hartz Advanced Flea Treatment for Cats (over 9 lbs.) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-07-10