Coccivac-D2 (Canada)This page contains information on Coccivac-D2 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Coccivac-D2 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Coccivac-D2
- Direction and dosage information for Coccivac-D2
Coccivac-D2This treatment applies to the following species:
Directions For Use
READ FULL DIRECTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY
Use entire contents when first opened.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
Store at 2° to 7°C (35° to 45°F).
Burn containers and all unused contents.
This product contains live oocysts of the following species of coccidia: Eimeria tenella, E. mivati, E. acervulina, E. maxima, E. brunetti and E. necatrix, to aid in the prevention of coccidiosis in chickens.
Coccivac-D2 Indications For Use
For vaccination of healthy chickens at one day of age by spray cabinet administration or at 4 days of age on the feed to aid in the prevention of coccidiosis in chickens.
Many factors must be considered in determining the vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive birds held in proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the birds and their immune status. Seldom does one vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter. For these reasons a program of periodic revaccination may be required.
ONLY VACCINATE HEALTHY BIRDS
Consult your poultry pathologist for further recommendations based on conditions existing in your area at any given time.
This product is not ordinarily recommended for use with prestarter or starter feeds containing coccidiostats.
Birds must have access to their droppings as reinfection is required to induce immunity.
Spray Cabinet Administration
FOR CHICKENS 1 DAY OF AGE
The vaccine should be prepared (or mixed) at the rate of 210 ml of distilled water per 1000 doses of vaccine. Each 100 chicks should receive 21 ml of vaccine solution (dye may be added as a marker).
Full Directions for use of the Spray Cabinet are available from the Company.
Feed Spray Administration
FOR CHICKENS 4 DAYS OF AGE
1. Do not use any medicated drinking water or water disinfectant 24 hours before and after vaccination or during vaccination.
2. Feed sprinkled on paper under the feed line increases the exposure of chicks to the vaccine.
3. Dilute the vaccine at a ratio of 1000 doses/400 ml of non-chlorinated water. Mix well and place in a clean garden type pressure sprayer.
4. Spray the diluted vaccine over the surface of the feed. Agitate the sprayer during administration.
5. For best results, the vaccine should be sprayed on all the feed just prior to consumption by the chickens.
6. Avoid wetting the feed. Proper application will only dampen the surface of the feed.
7. Allow the chicks sufficient time to ingest the oocysts on the feed before placing more feed in the pans or on the paper.
All Intervet Inc. vaccines released for sale meet U.S. and local regulatory requirements in regard to safety, purity, potency and the capacity to immunize normal susceptible birds.
DO NOT FREEZE
The capacity of this vaccine to produce satisfactory results depends on many factors including, but not limited to conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual animals and degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions for use should be followed carefully.
Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 219-9286 (USA)
1 888 306-0069 (Canada)
© 2010 Intervet Inc.
All rights reserved.
*Reg. U.S. PAT. & TM OFF.
10 X 1,000 Doses
10 X 5,000 Doses
NAC No.: 12082610
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Coccivac-D2 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-11-30