Circomune (Canada)This page contains information on Circomune for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Circomune Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Circomune
- Direction and dosage information for Circomune
CircomuneThis treatment applies to the following species:
CHICKEN ANEMIA VIRUS VACCINE
For Wing Web Use
Note: Read this circular before commencing vaccination.
This vaccine contains chicken infectious anemia virus for administration only by wing web inoculation. The virus is stable allowing this vaccine to be presented in a liquid, ready to use preparation that can be stored at refrigeration temperature of 35-45°F (2-7°C).
This vaccine is recommended for use in healthy breeder chickens to provide maternal antibodies to progeny as an aid in the prevention of chicken infectious anemia due to chicken infectious anemia virus. The vaccine is administered only by the wing web route to breeder chickens 9 to 12 weeks of age. Do not vaccinate chickens in lay. Vaccine virus may be shed in the feces and eggs of vaccinated birds. Therefore, avoid spread of vaccine virus to young chickens or unexposed layers. Additionally, avoid vaccinating breeders older than 12 weeks of age to prevent vertical transmission of vaccine virus.
Dosage And Directions
Use the enclosed applicator to deliver each dose of 0.01 mL by the wing web stab method.
1. Shake well before opening. Remove the seal and stopper from the vaccine vial. The vaccine is ready to use.
2. Vaccinate by dipping the enclosed two-pronged applicator needle into the vaccine and piercing the webbed portion under the wing. Guard against losing vaccine by touching feathers with applicator. Avoid piercing the wing muscle, bone or large blood vessels.
3. Re-dip the applicator between each vaccination.
● Store between 35 to 45°F (2-7°C).
● Use entire contents of vial within 4 hours after opening.
● Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
● Do not dilute the vaccine or administer less than one dose per bird.
● All susceptible chickens should be vaccinated at the same time.
● Avoid stress conditions during and following vaccination.
● This vaccine contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
● Burn this vial and all unused contents.
Carefully follow directions for age of administration. Use of this vaccine in chickens younger than three weeks of age may cause clinical signs of chicken infectious anemia. Use of this vaccine in chickens older than 12 weeks of age may result in vertical transmission to progeny.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets the requirements of Ceva Biomune. The response following vaccination is dependent on many factors, including but not limited to, conditions of vaccine storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure.
THIS VACCINE IS NOT RETURNABLE
BIOMUNE Co., Lenexa, Kansas 66215 USA
Phone: (913) 894-0230
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 368
NAC No.: 1221113.0
6-1040 FOUNTAIN ST. N., CAMBRIDGE, ON, N3E 1A3
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Circomune information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-02-06