Cheristin for catsThis page contains information on Cheristin for cats for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Cheristin for cats Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Cheristin for cats
- Direction and dosage information for Cheristin for cats
Cheristin for catsThis treatment applies to the following species:
A ONCE-A-MONTH TOPICAL SOLUTION FOR THE PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF FLEA INFESTATIONS
ONLY FOR CATS AND KITTENS EIGHT WEEKS OF AGE AND OLDER
Spinetoram [CAS # 187166-40-1 & 187166-15-0]
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Cheristin for cats Caution
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS - CAUTION
HAZARDS TO HUMANS
Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
FOR USE ON CATS AND KITTENS ONLY. For external use only. Do not use on kittens less than eight (8) weeks of age or weighing less than 1.8 lb. Do not allow your cat to ingest this product. Use only a single dose on cats weighing greater than 20 lbs. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals known to be sensitive to pesticides.
Monitor your cat after application. Side effects may include signs of application site reactions such as application site hair loss, hair change (greasy, clumping or matting) or redness, inflammation and itching. Other side effects such as inactivity, vomiting and inappetance have also been reported. If these or any other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian, your cat’s healthcare expert. For technical assistance or to report a side effect, call Elanco at 1-888-545-5973.
IF IN EYES:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have the product label with you when you call the poison control center or medical professional.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to by a poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact Rocky Mountain Poison Control at 1-888-767-5023 for emergency medical treatment information.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Read the entire label, directions for use and frequency of application each time before using this product. For external use on cats and kittens only.
FREQUENCY OF APPLICATION
To kill fleas and prevent reinfestations, apply to cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older as follows:
HOW TO APPLY
1. Use only on cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older and weighing 1.8 lbs or more. Do not use more than a single dose on cats weighing greater than 20 lbs.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the blister package.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position.
4. Press cap down until it clicks (indicating the tube has been punctured). Hold upright and remove cap. Check to be sure there is an opening at the tip of tube.
5. Part the hair on the neck at the base of the head until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube directly above the skin and squeeze the tube 2-4 times to expel the contents of the tube directly on the skin. For best results, apply at the base of the head, not between shoulder blades. Avoid getting the product in your pet’s eyes or mouth. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for the cat to directly lick the product. Do not allow your cat to ingest this product. (There may be a small residual remaining in the tube after a full dose is expelled.)
6. Discard empty applicator tube in the trash.
Monthly application is recommended to prevent and treat flea infestations. Cheristin for cats starts working in 30 minutes and continues killing fleas for a full month after application.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
Store in original package in a cool dry place.
Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP or equivalent organization for disposal instructions. Unless otherwise instructed place in trash. Never pour unused product down the drain or on the ground.
If empty: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse this container. Place in the trash, or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By using, buying or handling this product, users or buyers accept the following conditions, disclaimer of warranties and limitations of liability. The directions for use of this product are believed to be adequate and must be followed carefully. All risks of product use or handling are assumed by the user or buyer. No agent of Elanco is authorized to make, extend or modify any warranties. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW ELANCO MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE, THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE STATEMENTS MADE ON THE LABEL. ELANCO DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR HANDLING OF THIS PRODUCT. To the extent consistent with applicable law the exclusive remedy of the user or buyer for any and all losses, injuries or damages resulting from the use or handling of this product, whether in contract, warranty, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, is limited to the purchase price paid or replacement of the product.
Manufactured for Elanco Animal Health, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285
EPA Reg. No. 72642-10
EPA Est. No. 68669-NC-001
Cheristin is a trademark owned or licensed by Eli Lilly and Company, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
0.026 FL OZ (0.77 ml) single pack
6 - 0.026 FL OZ (0.77 ml) applicator
NAC No.: 1031052.1
A Division of Eli Lilly & Co.
2500 INNOVATION WAY, GREENFIELD, IN, 46140
|Small Animal Product Customer Service:||888-545-5973|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Cheristin for cats information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-08-21