Catron IVThis page contains information on Catron IV for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Catron IV Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Catron IV
- Direction and dosage information for Catron IV
Catron IVThis treatment applies to the following species:
A Screwworm & Ear Tick Spray that controls insect pests on beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, goats, hogs and horses.
● For use on wounds to kill and repel flies and fly maggots.
● Controls ear ticks on livestock.
● Kills and repels face flies on livestock.
Permethrin (CAS No. 52645-53-1)
EPA Reg. No. 11556-171
Keep out of reach of children
If on skin or clothing:
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give any liquid to the person.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If in eyes:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Move person to fresh air.
● If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably by mouth-to-mouth, if possible.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
HOT LINE NUMBER
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-422-9874 for emergency medical treatment information.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Causes skin irritation. Do not get on skin or clothing. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Harmful if inhaled. Avoid breathing sprays.
Avoid contamination of feed and foodstuffs. Remove pets and birds and cover fish aquariums before space spraying or surface applications. This product is not for use on humans. Vacate room after treatment and ventilate before reoccupying. Do not allow children or pets to contact treated areas until surfaces are dry.
Personal Protective Equipment (ppe)
Applicators and other handlers must wear:
● Coveralls over short-sleeve shirt and short pants,
● Chemical-resistant footwear plus socks, and
● Chemical-resistant gloves made of barrier laminate nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber or viton (category E on an EPA chemical-resistance category selection chart).
User Safety Requirements
● Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
● Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product’s concentrate. Do not reuse them.
User Safety Recommendations
● User should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
● User should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● User should remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This pesticide is extremely toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean water mark. Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift from treated areas. Drift and runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash waters. This pesticide is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops and weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area.
PHYSICAL CHEMICAL HAZARDS: Contents under pressure. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Do not puncture or incinerate container. Exposure to temperatures above 130°F may cause bursting.
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
Directions For Use
IT IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW TO USE THIS PRODUCT IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH ITS LABELING
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING: Remove protective cap, hold container upright and spray from a distance of 12 to 15 inches except where stated otherwise. Remove birds and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
● Except when applying to livestock, do not enter or allow others to enter treated area until sprays have dried.
● Except when applying to livestock, do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift.
● Except when applying to livestock, only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
● Do not breathe dust, vapors or spray mist.
● Do not apply when food or feed is present.
● Remove or cover food processing equipment and food preparation surfaces, or wash them before use.
● Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
● When used in dairy barns or facilities: Close milk bulk tank lids to prevent contamination from spray and dead or falling insects. Remove or cover milking utensils before application. Wash teats of animals before milking.
● Not for broadcast use on indoor residential surfaces.
● Do not water the treated area to the point of run-off.
● Do not make applications during rain.
● Not for use in commercial animal premise misting systems.
Directions For Use On Livestock
To kill and control screwworms, fleece worms (wool maggots) and other blow fly maggots in and around superficial wounds: Spray wounds thoroughly allowing spray to penetrate into pockets made by maggots. Apply over discharge around wound to prevent re-infestation. Treat at five to seven day intervals until wound is healed.
To protect wounds from flies: For castration, de-horning, docking, branding, wire and shear cut wounds, spray directly onto the wound and on surrounding area. Treat navels of newborn animals. Apply to drainage area below wound to prevent fly infestations. Repeat at five to seven day intervals until wounds are healed. Bacterial infections of wounds should be prevented or treated with supplemental disinfectants or appropriate antibiotic therapy.
To kill ear ticks: For spinose ear ticks: Spray downward directly into animal’s ear. For Gulf Coast ear ticks: Spray directly onto ticks on outer surface of animal’s ear. Retreat as necessary.
To protect beef cattle, dairy cattle, goats, sheep, hogs and horses from attacks of stable flies, horse flies, deer flies, face flies, house flies, horn flies, mosquitoes and gnats: Spray about 3 seconds on each side being careful to spray back, withers and forelegs thoroughly. To protect from face flies, spray the face and head, but do not spray into eyes. Repeat treatment when flies are troublesome.
To control blood sucking lice: Apply to the infested areas of the animal using a stiff brush to get the spray to the base of the hair. Repeat every 3 weeks if required.
To control poultry lice: Spray roosts, walls and nests or cages thoroughly. This should be followed by spraying over the birds with a fine mist.
For swine: Do not ship animals for slaughter within 5 days of last treatment.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
StorageStore in a cool, dry area. Do not transport or store below 32°F.
Pesticide Disposal: Do not puncture or incinerate. Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
Container Disposal: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling, if available.
CONDITIONS OF SALE: The directions on this label were determined through research to be appropriate for the correct use of this product. This product has been tested under different environmental conditions both indoors and outdoors similar to those that are ordinary and customary where the product is to be used. Insufficient control of pests or plant injury may result from the occurrence of extraordinary or unusual conditions, or from failure to follow label directions. In addition, failure to follow label directions may cause injury to animals, man, and damage to the environment. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Bayer offers, and the buyer accepts and uses, this product subject to the conditions that extraordinary or unusual environmental conditions, or failure to follow label directions are beyond the control of Bayer and are, therefore, the responsibility of the buyer.
LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF DAMAGES: Seller warrants that this material conforms to the chemical description and is reasonably fit for the purposes stated on the label when used in accordance with directions under normal conditions of use and Buyer assumes the risk of any use contrary to such directions. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW, SELLER MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
NET CONTENTS: 10 OZ.
Manufactured for: Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division, P.O. Box 390, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66201, U.S.A.
Product of India
Bayer, the Bayer Cross and Catron are registered trademarks of Bayer.
Regulations for product use are established by country. Information contained on this site pertains only to the United States of America, and is not intended to provide adequate information for product use. Before using or dispensing any product, read and carefully observe the label directions.
Animal Health Division
P.O. BOX 390, SHAWNEE MISSION, KS, 66201-0390
|Customer Service Tel.:||800-633-3796|
|Customer Service Fax:||800-344-4219|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Catron IV information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-01-09