Bron-Newcavac SEThis page contains information on Bron-Newcavac SE for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bron-Newcavac SE Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bron-Newcavac SE
- Direction and dosage information for Bron-Newcavac SE
Bron-Newcavac SEThis treatment applies to the following species:
NEWCASTLE DISEASE-BRONCHITIS VACCINE, Mass Type, Killed Virus, SALMONELLA ENTERITIDIS BACTERIN
This vaccine is prepared from Newcastle disease virus, infectious bronchitis virus, Massachusetts Type, and Salmonella enteritidis, inactivated and suspended in the aqueous phase of an oil adjuvant emulsion.
Bron-Newcavac SE Indications
For the vaccination of healthy chickens 10 weeks of age or older as an aid in the reduction of Salmonella enteritidis, phage types 4, 8, & 13a colonization of internal organs, including the reproductive tract. This vaccine also aids in the prevention of the signs and lesions associated with Newcastle disease and infectious bronchitis.
ADMINISTRATION: Allow the vaccine to reach ambient temperature, 16° to 27°C (60° to 80°F), shake well before use and periodically during use. Inject 0.5 ml subcutaneously in chickens in the back of the neck midway between the head and body in a direction away from the head using an 18-gauge needle. Do not inject into muscle tissue or neck vertebrae. Vaccinate healthy chickens at least 10 weeks of age. A second vaccination is recommended a minimum of 6 weeks following initial vaccination. The best protection against Newcastle disease and infectious bronchitis is obtained when chickens are previously immunized with live Newcastle disease virus and infectious bronchitis virus vaccines.
Store at 2° to 7°C (35° to 45°F) in the dark. Do not freeze.
1. TO AVOID HUMAN INJECTION, EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE USED WHEN INJECTING ANY OIL EMULSION VACCINE. ACCIDENTAL HUMAN INJECTION MAY CAUSE SERIOUS LOCAL REACTIONS. CONTACT A PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY IF ACCIDENTAL HUMAN INJECTION OCCURS.
2. Do not administer this vaccine during the critical egg laying period from onset until after peak production. Administration of this product during the lay period may result in a drop in egg production.
3. Injection of inactivated vaccine into breast muscle may create processing plant problems under certain conditions.
4. Do not vaccinate chickens within 42 days before slaughter.
5. This vaccine contains thimerosal a preservative.
6. Do not mix this vaccine with any other substances.
7. Use entire contents when first opened.
8. Ensure that vaccination equipment is clean and sterile before use.
9. Do not use vaccination equipment with rubber parts, as the oil emulsion may attack certain types of rubber.
10. The use of any inactivated vaccine may cause false positive results on Mycoplasma plate tests. Avoid Mycoplasma testing prior to ten weeks post-vaccination.
11. The use of S. enteritidis vaccines may interfere with avian pullorum-typhoid testing. It is recommended that vaccination occur after testing is complete.
12. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
NOTICE: This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
RECORDS: Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
Intervet Inc., Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103, USA
U.S. Vet Lic. No 165A
1 800 211-3573 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
500mL (1000 doses)
NAC No.: 1047433.3
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Bron-Newcavac SE information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-09-28