Rolaids Ultra Strength Softchews Side Effects
Generic Name: calcium carbonate / magnesium hydroxide
Note: This document contains side effect information about calcium carbonate / magnesium hydroxide. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Rolaids Ultra Strength Softchews.
For the Consumer
Applies to calcium carbonate / magnesium hydroxide: oral suspension, oral tablet chewable
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Severe diarrhea.
- Very bad constipation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
The manufacturer has not provided adverse event information.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Rolaids Soft Chew (calcium carbonate)." Johnson and Johnson/McNeil Consumer, Fort Washington, PA.
2. "Product Information. Rolaids Extra Strength (calcium carbonate-magnesium hydroxide)." Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group, New York, NY.
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
4. "Product Information. Rolaids (calcium carbonate-magnesium hydroxide)." Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group, New York, NY.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.