Rimegepant Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to rimegepant: oral orally disintegrating tablets
Side effects include:
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to rimegepant: oral tablet disintegrating
The most commonly reported adverse reaction with acute use has been nausea; with preventive use, nausea, abdominal pain and dyspepsia have been reported.[Ref]
Uncommon (Less than 1%): Hypersensitivity reactions
Hypersensitivity reactions including dyspnea and severe rash occurred in less than 1% of patients. Delayed serious hypersensitivity has occurred.
Common (1% to 10%): Nausea, abdominal pain/dyspepsia
Frequently asked questions
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of migraines?
- How do Ubrelvy, Qulipta and Nurtec compare for migraines?
- What is Nurtec ODT (rimegepant) used for and how does it work?
More about rimegepant
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (183)
- En español
- Drug class: CGRP inhibitors
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Nurtec ODT (rimegepant)." Biohaven Pharmaceuticals (2020):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.