Resorcinol / sulfur topical Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 30, 2020.
For the Consumer
Applies to resorcinol/sulfur topical: topical cream, topical lotion
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, resorcinol/sulfur topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking resorcinol / sulfur topical:
Less common or rare
- Skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
Symptoms of resorcinol poisoning
- Diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, or vomiting
- headache (severe or continuing)
- nervousness or restlessness
- slow heartbeat, shortness of breath, or troubled breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of resorcinol / sulfur topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Redness and peeling of skin (may occur after a few days)
- Unusual dryness of skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to resorcinol / sulfur topical: topical cream, topical lotion
Frequency not reported: Skin irritation, dryness, peeling, inflammation, severe redness, scaling of the skin[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
2. "Product Information. Bensulfoid (resorcinol-sulfur topical)." ECR Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, VA.
More about resorcinol / sulfur topical
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.