Gentran 40 with 0.9% Sodium Chloride Side Effects
Generic Name: dextran, low molecular weight
Note: This document contains side effect information about dextran, low molecular weight. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Gentran 40 with 0.9% Sodium Chloride.
Applies to dextran, low molecular weight: intravenous solution
Frequency not reported: Anaphylactoid reactions
Postmarketing reports: Dextran-induced anaphylactoid reaction (DIAR)[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Febrile response, infection at site of injection, venous thrombosis or phlebitis extending from the site of injection, extravasation, hypervolemia[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Shock[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Wheezing[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Dextran In Dextrose (dextran, low molecular weight)." B Braun Medical Inc, Irvine, CA.
2. "Product Information. Dextran In Sodium Chloride (dextran, high molecular weight)." Abbott Laboratories, Limited, Saint-Laurent, IN.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Gentran 40 with 0.9% Sodium Chloride (dextran, low molecular weight)
- Gentran 40 with 0.9% Sodium Chloride Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: plasma expanders