Alphanate Side Effects
Generic Name: antihemophilic factor / von willebrand factor
Note: This document contains side effect information about antihemophilic factor / von willebrand factor. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Alphanate.
For the Consumer
Applies to antihemophilic factor / von willebrand factor: intravenous powder for solution
Along with its needed effects, antihemophilic factor/von willebrand factor may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking antihemophilic factor / von willebrand factor:More common
- Difficulty with breathing or swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- hives or welts
- reddening of the skin, especially around the ears
- shortness of breath
- skin rash
- swelling of the face, throat, or tongue
- unusual tiredness or weakness
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to antihemophilic factor / von willebrand factor: intravenous powder for injection
Common (1% to 10%): Allergy, infection, hypersensitivity
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Factor VIII inhibition
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Von Willebrand factor inhibition, anaphylactic shock
Frequency not reported: Allergic-anaphylactic reactions, sepsis[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Pain (up to 17.5%)
Common (1% to 10%): Fever, surgery, facial edema, chest pain, peripheral edema, rigors
Frequency not reported: Chills, pseudothrombocytopenia, postoperative pain
Postmarketing reports: Fatigue, malaise[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Groin bleed, ear bleed, shoulder bleed, anemia/hemoglobin decreased, thromboembolic event
Frequency not reported: Hemorrhage, hematocrit decreased, postoperative hemorrhage, postoperative wound bleeding
Postmarketing reports: Hemolysis[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): ALT increased, liver function test abnormal[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Blurred vision[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Pyelonephritis[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Hypervolemia[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Alphanate (antihemophilic factor-von Willebrand factor)." Alpha Therapeutic Corporation, Los Angeles, CA.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
4. "Product Information. Wilate (antihemophilic factor-von Willebrand factor)." Octapharma USA, Centreville, VA.
5. "Product Information. Humate-P (antihemophilic factor-von Willebrand factor)." CSL Behring, King of Prussia, PA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Alphanate (antihemophilic factor / von willebrand factor)
- Alphanate Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers