Acnomel Side Effects
Generic Name: resorcinol / sulfur topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about resorcinol / sulfur topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Acnomel.
For the Consumer
Applies to resorcinol/sulfur topical: topical cream, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical paste
Along with its needed effects, resorcinol/sulfur topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking resorcinol / sulfur topical:Less common or rare
- Skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
- Diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, or vomiting
- headache (severe or continuing)
- nervousness or restlessness
- slow heartbeat, shortness of breath, or troubled breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of resorcinol / sulfur topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common
- Redness and peeling of skin (may occur after a few days)
- Unusual dryness of skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to resorcinol / sulfur topical: topical cream, topical lotion
Dermatologic side effects have included irritation and dryness.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Bensulfoid (resorcinol-sulfur topical)." ECR Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, VA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Acnomel (resorcinol / sulfur topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical acne agents