Dosage form: cloth
Ingredients: CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 500mg
Labeler: Sage Products LLC
NDC Code: 53462-705
|Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% Solution||Antiseptic|
- helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infection
- for preparation of skin prior to surgery
For external use only
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- on patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- for lumbar punctures or in contact with the meninges
- on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. May cause serious or permanent injury if chlorhexidine is permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- do not microwave
- product and packaging are not sterile. Follow your hospital policy for skin preparation with non-sterile products.
To open package
- holding top of package in one hand, lift flap on backside of package with other hand
- grasp flap at top and pull down to tear flap away and expose foam
- hold outside of package to present foam and cloths to prep table, avoiding contact between cloths and outside of package to reduce risk of cloth contamination
- using sterile scissors, cut off end seal of package
- transfer contents onto prep table, avoiding contact between cloths and outside of package to reduce risk of cloth contamination
- use first cloth to prepare the skin area indicated for a moist or dry site, making certain to keep the second cloth where it will not be contaminated. Use second cloth to prepare larger areas.
- dry surgical sites (such as abdomen or arm): use one cloth to cleanse each 161 cm 2 area (approximately 5 x 5 inches) of skin to be prepared. Vigorously scrub skin back and forth for 3 minutes, completely wetting treatment area, then discard. Allow area to air dry for one (1) minute. Do not rinse.
- moist surgical sites (such as inguinal fold): use one cloth to cleanse each 65 cm 2 area (approximately 2 x 5 inches) of skin to be prepared. Vigorously scrub skin back and forth for 3 minutes, completely wetting treatment area, then discard. Allow area to air dry for one (1) minute. Do not rinse.
- discard each cloth after a single use
- after package has been opened discard any unused cloths
- store product flat
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
aloe vera, dimethicone, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, glycerin, Igepal®, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol, USP purified water
call toll-free 800-323-2220
(Monday to Friday 8 AM - 5 PM CST)
chlorhexidine gluconate cloth
|Labeler - Sage Products LLC (054326178)|
|Registrant - Sage Products LLC (054326178)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.