PAIN RELIEF by GERI-CARE PHARMACEUTICAL CORP
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 8, 2021.
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL
Labeler: GERI-CARE PHARMACEUTICAL CORP
NDC Code: 57896-180
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain reliever/Fever reducer
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- the common cold
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps. Temporarily reduces fever.
This product contains acetaminophen.
Severe liver damage may occur if
- adult takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adults has 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if the user
- has a liver disease
- is on a sodium restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- dosage may be repeated every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- do not use more than 5 times in 24 hours
|Weight (lbs.)||Age (yrs.)||Dose (tsp or mL)|
|under 24||under 2||consult physician|
|24-35||2-3||1 tsp (5 mL)|
|36-47||4-5||1½ tsp (7.5 mL)|
|48-59||6-8||2 tsp (10 mL)|
|60-71||9-10||2½ tsp (12.5 mL)|
|72-95||11||3 tsp or (15 mL)|
|over 95||12 to adult||4 tsp (20 mL)|
- each teaspoon (5 mL) contains: sodium 7 mg
- Store at room temperature 15º - 30ºC (59º - 86ºF)
- Protect from Freezing.
- Protect from Light.
- for institutional use only
citric acid, FD&C red # 40, flavor, glycerin, PEG 400, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol, water.
|Labeler - GERI-CARE PHARMACEUTICAL CORP (611196254)|
|Registrant - GERI-CARE PHARMACEUTICAL CORP (611196254)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (94)
- Patient tips
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- Latest FDA Alerts (16)
- Drug Information
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Intravenous (Advanced Reading)
- Acetaminophen Oral, Rectal (Advanced Reading)