Metamucil - does it accelerate acid reflux?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 27, 2023.
I suffer from GERD and sometimes when I take Metamucil I get acid reflux in my lower esophagus (near the sphincter valve). Is this common?
Yes, you may experience symptoms of acid reflux/heartburn or bloating while using Metamucil.
Related medical questions
- Metamucil vs. MiraLAX: How do they compare?
- The Do's and Don'ts of Treating Constipation
- Is it normal to have rubber like jelly in the stool when taking Metamucil?
- What to do for bloating while taking Metamucil?
- Heartburn vs Acid Reflux vs GERD - What is the difference?
- What foods should I avoid when taking omeprazole?
- Is famotidine safer than omeprazole for heartburn?
- Can you take an antacid with omeprazole?
- Nexium vs Prilosec: What's the difference between them?
- Can you take metformin without food?
- Does omeprazole cause cancer?