Metamucil - does it accelerate acid reflux?
I suffer from GERD and sometimes when I take Metamucil I get acid reflux in my lower esophagus (near the sphincter valve). Is this common?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 7, 2020.
Yes, you may experience symptoms of acid reflux/heartburn or bloating while using Metamucil.
Related Medical Questions
- Is it normal to have rubber like jelly in the stool when taking Metamucil?
- What to do for bloating while taking Metamucil?
- Nexium vs Prilosec: What's the difference between them?
- Heartburn vs Acid Reflux vs GERD - What is the difference?
- What does heartburn feel like?