Does Medicare cover Promacta?
Yes, Promacta (eltrombopag olamine) is covered by Medicare. There is low to no co-pay for Promacta for Medicare patients.
Of the Medicare patients who take Promacta:
- 72% pay a co-pay of $10 or less
- 61% pay a co-pay of $0
Promacta is available as a film-coated tablet and oral suspension. It is used to treat people with low blood platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) due the chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) or chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) virus infection. It is also used in the treatment of severe aplastic anemia.
- Data on file. IQVIA APLD YTD August 2019. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp; March 2020.
Related Medical Questions
- Promacta Information for Consumers
- Promacta Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Promacta (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Promacta (3 questions, 8 members)