How do you use Intrarosa vaginal inserts?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 7, 2019.
Intrarosa (prasterone) is a vaginal insert that is placed in your vagina once-daily at bedtime with the single-use applicator provided. Before inserting the vaginal tablet, empty your bladder and wash your hands. Tear off one vaginal insert from the 7-vaginal insert strip. Carefully remove the vaginal insert from the plastic wrap. Place the flat end of the vaginal insert into the open end of the activated applicator. While either standing or laying down, gently slide the vaginal insert end of the applicator into your vagina as far as it will comfortably go; do not use force.
You should not use Intrarosa vaginal inserts if you have vaginal bleeding that has not been checked by your health care provider. For additional instructions, see the "Instructions for Use" found in the Intrarosa package.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between Intrarosa and Osphena?
- How does Imvexxy work to treat dyspareunia (painful sex) due to menopause?
- Does Bijuva contain bio-identical hormones?
- Intrarosa Information for Consumers
- Intrarosa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Intrarosa (detailed)