Does Epidiolex contain marijuana?
Epidiolex contains just one of the many chemical substances found in marijuana, a cannabinoid called cannabidiol (CBD).
Marijuana plants, or cannabis plants as they are also known, contain many other cannabinoids and other chemicals, including the well-known cannabinoid THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol).
THC is responsible for the 'high' people feel when they take marijuana, but CBD, which is the active ingredient in Epidiolex, does not have this same effect.
Epidiolex comes in the form of an oral solution. It is used for the treatment of seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, Dravet syndrome or tuberous sclerosis complex in patients one year of age or older.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Epidiolex. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/210365s008lbl.pdf. [Accessed February 12, 2021].
Related Medical Questions
- What are CBD gummies? Are there any health benefits?
- CBD Oil: What are 9 Proven or Possible Health Benefits?
- Does CBD show up on a drug test?
- Does CBD Oil work for pain relief?
- CBD vs THC vs Cannabis: What's the difference between them?
- What are the side effects of marijuana?
- Does CBD Oil help with anxiety or depression?
- Does CBD Oil work for dogs and what is it good for?
- What type of drug is Epidiolex?