What is the difference between Lonhala Magnair and Seebri Neohaler?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on Jan 12, 2021.
The primary difference between Lonhala Magnair and Seebri Neohaler is the dosage form and how they are administered to the patient. Both products contain glycopyrrolate, a bronchodilator. The Seebri Neohaler brand name has been discontinued in the U.S., and a generic option is not available. The Lonhala Magnair is still commercially available.
Lonhala Magnair is delivered as a nebulized solution for inhalation via the Magnair nebulizer. The Seebri Neohaler consisted of dry-powder inhalation capsules placed into a hand-held device and inhaled.
Both products are used twice daily (in the morning and evening) at the same time every day. These products contain glycopyrrolate, an anticholinergic, long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) bronchodilator for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) of the lung, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
Bronchodilators open and relax the airway passages in the lungs to improve breathing. This can help to prevent symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath.
Lonhala Magnair and Seebri Neohaler were both originally marketed by Sunovian Pharmaceuticals.
How is Lonhala Magnair given?
The Lonhala Magnair technology was developed to allow a quiet, portable, closed system nebulizer that can deliver glycopyrrolate in 2 to 3 minutes with normal breathing while using the device. Each 1 mL unit-dose vial of the Lonhala Magnair aqueous solution contains 25 mcg of glycopyrrolate.
The Seebri Neohaler consisted of capsules that contained 15.6 mcg of glycopyrrolate and the hand-held inhalation device. The capsules are used in the device and not taken by mouth. They are inhaled twice daily (in the morning and evening), at the same time every day.
This is not all the information you need to know about Lonhala Magnair or Seebri Neohaler for safe and effective use. Review the full product and patient information and discuss this information and any questions you have with your doctor or other health care provider.
- Lonhala Magnair [product information]. Drugs.com. Accessed Jan. 29, 2021 at https://www.drugs.com/mtm/lonhala-magnair-starter-kit-inhalation.html
- Seebri Neohaler [product information]. Drugs.com. Accessed Jan. 29, 2021 at https://www.drugs.com/mtm/seebri-neohaler-inhalation.html
Related Medical Questions
- How do you use Seebri Neohaler?
- Can vitamin C prevent or treat COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- What is the difference between emphysema and COPD?
- What does Symbicort do to the lungs?
- Trelegy vs. Breo: How do they compare?
- How long can you be on Symbicort?
- Symbicort vs. Advair: How do they compare?
- Trelegy vs Anoro: Which is better?
- How long does it take for Symbicort to work?
- Can you take Symbicort and prednisone together?
- Can you take Trelegy and Symbicort together?
- Is Wixela Inhub the same as Advair Diskus?
- How often can I use my Symbicort inhaler?
- Is Symbicort a steroid inhaler?
- Is Symbicort used as a rescue or maintenance inhaler?
- How do you use an Anoro Ellipta inhaler?