How much does Baqsimi cost?
Medically reviewed by Carmen Fookes, BPharm. Last updated on June 15, 2020.
- Baqsimi costs around $303 for a single-dose, single-use, nasal powder spray.
- There is currently no generic form of Baqsimi.
Baqsimi (glucagon nasal powder) may be used to treat severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar/glucose levels) in adults and children over the age of four. Glucagon is a hormone that increases blood glucose levels by stimulating the release of glucose from the liver. It also slows digestion.
According to the Drugs.com price guide which bases its price on the Drugs.com discount card which is accepted at most U.S. pharmacies, the cost for a single-dose Baqsimi nasal powder 3mg is approximately $303 depending on the pharmacy you visit. Prices are for cash paying customers only and are not valid with insurance plans.
Each Baqsimi device contains 1 dose of glucagon nasal powder and cannot be reused There is currently no generic version of Baqsimi.
Related Medical Questions
- Are glucagon and glycogen the same thing?
- Insulin vs Glucagon - What do they have in common?
- How does the release of glucagon affect blood glucose levels?
- Is Baqsimi covered by Medicare?
- How do you use Baqsimi nasal powder?
- How do you administer a glucagon injection kit?
- How long does Baqsimi last?
- How do you use the GlucaGen hypokit?
- What is Gvoke (glucagon) used for and how does it work?