Eptifibatide and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with eptifibatide:
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Severe Potential Hazard, High plausibility
gpIIb/IIIa platelet inhibitors - bleeding risks
The use of gp11b/111a platelet inhibitors is contraindicated in patients with active internal bleeding, recent significant gastrointestinal or genitourinary bleeding (within 6 weeks), recent trauma or major surgery (within 6 weeks), history of bleeding diathesis, recent stroke (within 4 weeks), history of hemorrhage stroke or residual neurologic deficit, intracranial defect (aneurysm, arteriovenous malformation, neoplasm), uncontrolled hypertension (SBP > 180; DBP > 110), or thrombocytopenia (<100,000/mm3). Thrombocytopenia, serious GI/GU bleeding, hemorrhagic retinopathy, and bleeding at the arterial access have been reported during gp11b/111a platelet inhibitor therapy. Clinical monitoring of hemoglobin and hematocrit (H/H), platelet count, prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial prothrombin time (aPTT) is recommended prior to initiation of, during and following gp11b/111a platelet inhibitor therapy.
- Kleiman NS "Primary and secondary safety endpoints from IMPACT II. Integrilin to Minimize Platelet Aggregation and Coronary Thrombosis." Am J Cardiol 80 (1997): b29-33
- Kereiakes DJ, Essell JH, Abbottsmith CW, Broderick TM, Runyon JP "Abciximab-associated profound thrombocytopenia: therapy with immunoglobulin and platelet transfusion." Am J Cardiol 78 (1996): 1161
- The IMPACT-II Investigators "Randomised placebo-controlled trial of effect of eptifibatide on complications of percutaneous coronary intervention: IMPACT-II." Lancet 349 (1997): 1422-8
- "Product Information. Integrilin (eptifibatide)." Schering Laboratories, Kenilworth, NJ.
- Adgey AA "An overview of the results of clinical trials with glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors." Am Heart J 135 (1998): s43-55
- Boehrer JD, Kereiakes DJ, Navetta FI, Califf RM, Topol EJ "Effects of profound platelet inhibition with c7E3 before coronary angioplasty on complications of coronary bypass surgery." Am J Cardiol 74 (1994): 1166-70
- "Product Information. Aggrastat (tirofiban)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- Landefeld CS, Cook EF, Flatley M, Weisberg M, Goldman L "Identification and preliminary validation of predictors of major bleeding in hospitalized patients starting anticoagulant therapy." Am J Med 82 (1987): 703-13
- The RESTORE Investigators "Effects of platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade with tirofiban on adverse cardiac events in patients with unstable angina or acute myocardial infarction..." Circulation 96 (1997): 1445-53
Eptifibatide drug interactions
There are 212 drug interactions with eptifibatide
Eptifibatide disease interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with eptifibatide:
More about eptifibatide
- Eptifibatide Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: glycoprotein platelet inhibitors
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.