Dibent (dicyclomine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Dibent (dicyclomine) which include:
dicyclomine ↔ Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using dicyclomine together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking dicyclomine. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
Dibent (dicyclomine) drug Interactions
There are 617 drug interactions with Dibent (dicyclomine)
Dibent (dicyclomine) disease Interactions
There are 18 disease interactions with Dibent (dicyclomine) which include:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Gi Obstruction
- Obstructive Uropathy
- Tardive Dyskinesia
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Cv Acute Hemorrhage
- Reflux Esophagitis.
- Severe Ulcerative Colitis
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Hepatic Impairment
- Renal Impairment
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.