Timentin (clavulanate / ticarcillin) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Timentin (clavulanate / ticarcillin):
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility
ticarcillin - sodium/potassium
Parenteral ticarcillin disodium contains approximately 120 to 150 mg (5.2 to 6.5 mEq) of sodium per each gram of ticarcillin activity. The combination, ticarcillin-clavulanate, contains approximately 109 mg (4.75 mEq) of sodium per gram of total drug. The sodium content should be considered in patients with conditions that may require sodium restriction, such as congestive heart failure, hypertension, and fluid retention. In addition, hypokalemia has been reported rarely during therapy with ticarcillin and other extended-spectrum penicillin antibiotics, which may be particularly important to bear in mind when treating patients with low potassium reserves or fluid and electrolyte imbalance. Clinical monitoring of electrolytes is recommended if these agents are used for prolonged periods.
- "Product Information. Ticar (ticarcillin)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- Welter J, Wittman DH, Freitag V "Ticarcillin therapy of risk patients with infections due to pseudomonas aeruginosa." J Int Med Res 9 (1981): 44-51
- Finch RA "Hypernatremia during lithium and ticarcillin therapy." South Med J 74 (1981): 376-7
- Nanji AA, Lindsay J "Ticarcillin associated hypokalemia." Clin Biochem 15 (1982): 118-9
Timentin (clavulanate / ticarcillin) drug Interactions
There are 85 drug interactions with Timentin (clavulanate / ticarcillin)
Timentin (clavulanate / ticarcillin) disease Interactions
There are 7 disease interactions with Timentin (clavulanate / ticarcillin) which include:
- Renal Dysfunction
- Coagulation Abnormalities
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.