Drug interactions between Mucinex and venlafaxine
Interactions between your drugs
- Mucinex is in the drug class expectorants.
- Mucinex is used to treat the following conditions:
- Venlafaxine is a member of the drug class serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors.
- Venlafaxine is used to treat the following conditions:
- Anxiety and Stress
- Bipolar Disorder
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Hot Flashes
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Somatoform Pain Disorder
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: venlafaxine
Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of venlafaxine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with venlafaxine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of venlafaxine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.