Drug interactions between carbamazepine and Crestor
Interactions between your drugs
- Carbamazepine is in the drug class dibenzazepine anticonvulsants.
- Carbamazepine is used to treat the following conditions:
- Crestor is a member of the drug class statins.
- Crestor is used to treat the following conditions:
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous
- High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIb, Elevated LDL VLDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III, Elevated beta-VLDL IDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IV, Elevated VLDL
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: carbamazepine
You should preferably avoid the regular consumption of grapefruits and grapefruit juice while taking carBAMazepine. This can cause carBAMazepine levels to increase. You should report signs of carBAMazepine side effects such as nausea, visual disturbances, dizziness, or muscle weakness to your doctor. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with carBAMazepine. Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of carBAMazepine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.