Generic name: PEGFILGRASTIM 6mg in 0.6mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 23, 2019.
Patients with Cancer Receiving Myelosuppressive Chemotherapy
The recommended dosage of UDENYCA is a single subcutaneous injection of 6 mg administered once per chemotherapy cycle. For dosing in pediatric patients weighing less than 45 kg, refer to Table 1. Do not administer UDENYCA between 14 days before and 24 hours after administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy.
UDENYCA is administered subcutaneously via a single-dose prefilled syringe for manual use.
Prior to use‚ remove the carton from the refrigerator and allow the UDENYCA prefilled syringe to reach room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes. Discard any prefilled syringe left at room temperature for greater than 48 hours.
Visually inspect parenteral drug products (prefilled syringe) for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Do not administer UDENYCA if discoloration or particulates are observed.
The needle cap on the prefilled syringe is not made with natural rubber latex.
Pediatric Patients Weighing Less than 45 kg
The UDENYCA prefilled syringe is not designed to allow for direct administration of doses less than 0.6 mL (6 mg). The syringe does not bear graduation marks which are necessary to accurately measure doses of UDENYCA less than 0.6 mL (6 mg) for direct administration to patients. Thus, the direct administration to patients requiring dosing of less than 0.6 mL (6 mg) is not recommended due to the potential for dosing errors. Refer to Table 1.
|Body Weight||UDENYCA Dose||Volume to Administer|
|Less than 10 kg*||See below*||See below*|
|10 - 20 kg||1.5 mg||0.15 mL|
|21 - 30 kg||2.5 mg||0.25 mL|
|31 - 44 kg||4 mg||0.4 mL|
Frequently asked questions
- Why do you take Claritin with Neulasta?
- When can I remove the Neulasta Onpro?
- How many biosimilars have been approved in the United States?
- When does Neulasta reach peak levels?
- How do you increase white blood cells during chemo?
- How long do the side effects of the Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) shot last?
- Does Neulasta cause bone pain?
- What does cbqv stand for in pegfilgrastim?
- Can you shower with Neulasta on body injector?
- What is the difference between Fulphila and Neulasta?
- What is the difference between Udenyca and Neulasta?
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Udenyca (pegfilgrastim)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: colony stimulating factors
- FDA Approval History