Poteligeo Injection Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 1, 2020.
Generic name: mogamulizumab 4mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection
The recommended dose of POTELIGEO is 1 mg/kg administered as an intravenous infusion over at least 60 minutes. Administer on days 1, 8, 15, and 22 of the first 28-day cycle, then on days 1 and 15 of each subsequent 28-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Administer POTELIGEO within 2 days of the scheduled dose. If a dose is missed, administer the next dose as soon as possible and resume dosing schedule.
Do not administer POTELIGEO subcutaneously or by rapid intravenous administration.
Dose Modifications for Toxicity
- Permanently discontinue POTELIGEO for life-threatening (Grade 4) rash or for any Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) or toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)]. If SJS or TEN is suspected, stop POTELIGEO and do not resume unless SJS or TEN has been excluded and the cutaneous reaction has resolved to Grade 1 or less.
- If moderate or severe (Grades 2 or 3) rash occurs, interrupt POTELIGEO and administer at least 2 weeks of topical corticosteroids. If rash improves to Grade 1 or less, POTELIGEO may be resumed [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
- If mild (Grade 1) rash occurs, consider topical corticosteroids.
- Permanently discontinue POTELIGEO for a life-threatening (Grade 4) infusion reaction [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
- Temporarily interrupt the infusion of POTELIGEO for mild to severe (Grades 1 to 3) infusion reactions and treat symptoms. Reduce the infusion rate by at least 50% when restarting the infusion after symptoms resolve. If reaction recurs and is unmanageable, discontinue infusion. [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
- If an infusion reaction occurs, administer premedication (such as diphenhydramine and acetaminophen) for subsequent POTELIGEO infusions.
Preparation and Administration
- Visually inspect drug product solution for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. POTELIGEO is a clear to slightly opalescent colorless solution. Discard the vial if cloudiness, discoloration, or particulates are observed.
- Calculate the dose (mg/kg) and number of vials of POTELIGEO needed to prepare the infusion solution based on patient weight.
- Aseptically withdraw the required volume of POTELIGEO into the syringe and transfer into an intravenous (IV) bag containing 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP. The final concentration of the diluted solution should be between 0.1 mg/mL to 3.0 mg/mL.
- Mix diluted solution by gentle inversion. Do not shake.
- Discard any unused portion left in the vial.
The diluted solution is compatible with polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or polyolefin (PO) infusion bags.
- Administer infusion solution over at least 60 minutes through an intravenous line containing a sterile, low protein binding, 0.22 micron (or equivalent) in-line filter.
- Do not mix POTELIGEO with other drugs.
- Do not co-administer other drugs through the same intravenous line.
Frequently asked questions
More about Poteligeo (mogamulizumab)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous antineoplastics
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.