Plan B Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 21, 2021.
Generic name: LEVONORGESTREL 0.75mg
Dosage form: tablet
Take one tablet of Plan B orally as soon as possible within 72 hours after unprotected intercourse or a known or suspected contraceptive failure. Efficacy is better if the tablet is taken as soon as possible after unprotected intercourse. The second tablet should be taken 12 hours after the first dose. Plan B can be used at any time during the menstrual cycle.
If vomiting occurs within two hours of taking either dose of medication, consideration should be given to repeating the dose.
Frequently asked questions
- Can Plan B make your period late or cause bleeding?
- Can you drink alcohol after taking Plan B?
- How effective is Plan B and how late can you take it?
- How many times can you take Plan B?
- Mirena, Kyleena, Skyla & Liletta - What's the difference?
More about Plan B (levonorgestrel)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (1,840)
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Drug class: contraceptives
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.